android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2008, 04:36 PM

Default Black spec in the middle of the screen after pocketing

Well I read that some guy put it in his pocket and ended up cracking the screen. Not his fault This is why:

I put mine in my pocket (with no case) and found something weird with the screen when I brought it back out. The touch screen was touching the screen at the center making it seem like there was a droplet of water in between. I pressed the sides (see diagram) and with a pop it separated. Do so gently though so you don't crack the touch screen...do it until the lcd and the touch screen have separated. I believe that the body temperature does something to the screen.
Has this happened to anyone else? I posted this same question on another forum and will post results once received.

Update:
reply from a user at the other site "i dun think body temp has anything to do with it. I remember having the P2 in my pocket in a pair of Black shorts, the temperature there had to be around 40+ degrees celsius easily and my p2 is just fine......"

ATTENTION ALL: I called Samsung customer service and they said that this problem was not normal. They also said that the warranty would not cover it since it was considered physical damage. If yours is new...return it at the store.

Last edited by lumos; 06-25-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]