android
Old 06-18-2008, 05:52 AM

Default Best playlist editor ever... for v2 [all plattforms]

Another playlist editor for v2 Hello,

i found an open source project and changed some lines to make it compatible to sansa v2.

short description:

Playlist editor with drag/drop, search for artist, etc., PLAYING YOUR MUSIC directly, etc....

Languages: german, english

Plattform: Java - so it should run with Mac, Linux, Windows, etc.

TESTED UNDER WINDOWS! Please report other plattforms...

howto use it for v2:

Assumption: all your Music is in "C:\Music"

change "File/Settings - music directory" to "C:\Music"
- you can see all your mp3 files in the tree

move mp3 files to the right side of the gui

choose "File - Save As" and save it for example as test
- The program creates a file with the given name - this is the programs internal playlist format (just a file list)
- The program creates a file test.pla and test.pla.refs

Language is Englisch and German!

Documentation for original program:
http://www.lightdev.com/page/74.htm

if there is some interest i will create a sourceforge project to supply sources...

any comments?
Attached Files
File Type: zip pleditor_sansa_v2_beta1.zip (1.70 MB, 107 views)

Last edited by cyclon1978; 06-18-2008 at 05:59 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-19-2008, 03:44 PM

you are a genius man!!
thank you a lot, finally a gui-v2-playlist-editor which is both worth using and worth seeing.

but there is one little thing...
in fact two..

the programm uses C:\Documents and Settings\Username\ as root directory, so i cant access my mp3 partition or even c:\mp3\.

do i just not understand how to get there or this really an issue?

and also the path in the .refs file seems kinda relative to the "username"-folder because this is what my file looked like at first:

/mmc:0:/MUSIC/Desktop/Scars_on_Broadway -They_Say.mp3

as you can see there is "desktop" in the path, which of course isnt on the sansa..

however it would be nice if you could set the "root"-directory of the programm to the real root so you could directly use the files on the sansa to make the playlists, which i guess would elimate the second problem anyway.

but hey IT IS WORKING !!!!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:38 PM

Don't know what the policy is on ABI about reviving old threads, but I just wanted to comment that this application works perfectly under Windows to create playlists for the Sansa Clip Plus.

I found this by accident, and though it's for the Sansa e200, I thought I'd give it a go with my Sansa Clip Plus. Works perfectly, no problems at all.

I had to manually edit the playlists to include tracks on the microSD, but that was quite easy using the Replace-function in any modern text editor.
Just open up the "playlist.pla.refs" file in a text editor, highlight the tracks that reside on the memory card, press Ctrl+H and replace "mmc:0" with "mmc:1".

I hope this helps someone, and again sorry about reviving an old thread, but this application definitely deserves to be brought back from obscurity..!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:21 PM

This program has no file extension. Since it was said to be a java file I was assuming that it was a .jar file, but windows says it is a corrupt jarfile...any help? I ahven't been able to create a working playlist on my sansa since someone stole my v1 and i had to replace it with a v2.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

All files in the ZIP archive have extensions, not sure what you mean. Run the batch file (pleditor.bat) to start the app. You probably have to have real Sun/Oracle Java installed, not Microsoft's weird thing.