android
Old 06-16-2008, 01:43 PM

Unhappy D2 frozen after two days!!!

Hello All,

After loading music & jpg files onto my brand-new-got-it-Saturday 8 gig Cowon D2 with firmware version 2.54, it began freezing any time I tried to access either photos or music. I removed all pictures and music files, and the freezing continued.

Upgrading the firmware to version 2.57 did not fix the problem. Resetting does not help, and it won't return to the factory default settings. The radio still works, at least...

Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just me? Is there anything else I can try before sending it to Cowon? I'm so devastated - this was my dream MP3 player!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-16-2008, 02:30 PM

Try using the panasonic formatter, or reinstalling firmware with Tcctool (Fixed a similar problem for me) and if that doesn't work, send it back to Cowon.

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 06-17-2008, 09:46 AM

I managed to fix it yesterday. After fiddling with my D2, I found that it was really just the pictures and music (not radio though) parts that were freezing, and when I went into settings and used the option to clear the memory (even though I'd already taken off everything I'd put on and updated the firmware from my macbook) and magically started working again.

Also, when I put back on the exact same stuff I'd had on there originally, it didn't crash this time - it indexed everything when I started up the player.

I still don't know what the original problem was, and I'd like to know, but it seems that a combination of updating the firmware and using the "clear memory" option from the settings menu fixed it.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:43 PM

I dunno, but thanks for sharing your success story!

Every once in a while I have an album on my D2 that wont play (Its always one folder at a time...) so the D2 will attempt to skip to the next track-- if I choose to play just one album, then its stuck frozen until I reset it. Otherwise it just skips it.

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson