android
Old 07-01-2008, 06:07 PM

Yes, 60 Ohm at 101dB/mW should be perfectly fine for the D2.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-01-2008, 10:49 PM

Hmm... Since this thread is bumped, I have a similar question. I would like to use an impedance adapter on the D2, but I have no experience whatsoever with how significant an effect they have.

So for the HFI-780's, if I wanted normal listening volume to be about 35-40 with flat EQ @ 0, what impedance do you figure I should use? Somewhere between 80 and 130 ohms I figure? (Assume I consider 6-8 [eq flat @ -12] on the D2 to be normal volume using the stock buds)

PS, semi-offtopic: Dang, I LOVE the design on those right angle neutrik jacks! I just got one from my order and its built great and pretty intuitive. I think it'll work snazzily! (one jack-- shipped in a 6x8x8in box and taped to the top, of course.)

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Last edited by Xenodius; 07-02-2008 at 08:28 AM.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:40 AM

Default lower impendance adaptors

Hi guys,

I am using currently the UE Triple Fi 10. They are rated at 36 ohm. From the graphs you can easily see that 60-70 ohm is enough to reach the better sound.
All the adaptors listed here are rated at at least 70 ohm and this is too much ohm when you add the 36 ohm from the TF.
Do you know a plece where I could find something like a 25 or 30 ohm adaptor?

Thanks

Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Looking for this!!!

Old 07-15-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janruzinsky View Post
Do you know a plece where I could find something like a 25 or 30 ohm adaptor?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300240996900

Old 07-23-2008, 03:47 AM

As not to create a new thread, I'll just ask here.

I live in Australia and buying any of these items isn't very financially effective. I am electronically inclined so I have no problem with (and would rather) make my own adaptor.

I'm using Head-Direct RE2s, that have an impedence of 32 Ohms. In my spare parts box, I have packs of 22, 51 and 220 Ohm (at least in the feasible range). Would any of these be suitable? I'll be going out and buying connectors and the like soon enough and the metal film resistors are like 30c for 8, so its really not a problem to get other values.

So any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:54 AM

51 Ohm sounds fine, gives you 83 Ohm with the RE2, all in all.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:48 PM

Um.. yeah old post..but I would really like some advice on on adding a resistor adaptor to my SE530, so that I can use it with my D2.

I am thinking about using the resistor plug that Dfkt found. Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D8%26ps%3D35
(It says that the resistor is rated at 75Ohms. Should I just ask for the 33Ohm plug? or...whatever Ohm it will sound the best at?)

I do not know the sound quality with just the SE530 and the D2, for I have ordered the D2 and will be receiving it this Friday. I decided to get the D2 since a lot of people said that it has good synergy with the 530's.

Anyway, I would like to maximize the sound quality without an amp, since I will be traveling with my D2 a lot. Will the resistor adaptor improve the sound? ie. no bass roll off, reduced hiss..etc.

Thank you for your help!

Old 09-02-2008, 05:41 PM

Resistor adapters don't work with the SE530 - they make it sound quite a bit worse. I have one of those eBay adapters from Awwan, and it doesn't help the SE530 at all.

The SE530 is the pickiest, hardest to pair phone ever produced, it hardly works with anything without hissing or other flaws. The only thing you can do is get a good headphone amp for it.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Resistor adapters don't work with the SE530 - they make it sound quite a bit worse. I have one of those eBay adapters from Awwan, and it doesn't help the SE530 at all.

The SE530 is the pickiest, hardest to pair phone ever produced, it hardly works with anything without hissing or other flaws. The only thing you can do is get a good headphone amp for it.
Oh I see. Thanks for your help.
I will first try out my earphones with my D2 when it arrives...before I actually consider getting an amp.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Brought back to life!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:15 PM

xD

For apparently no reason?

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 12-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There is a reason, as someone in irc chat needed a resource. Unfortunately, most of the links are dead at this stage.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:02 PM

will be nice if someone could find a new link if possible that will be nice

Old 12-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLMP View Post
will be nice if someone could find a new link if possible that will be nice
Google is your friend LLMP, or have we not discussed this in irc?

Old 12-17-2008, 01:22 PM

do not know what kind as i found some for almost $100 if it is that much i would rather get a amp.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

it shouldn't cost more than $20.00, anything over is a ripoff! Besides, get your phonaks first, then decide if you need this as an extra.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:12 AM

I don't know what the fuss is all about. Without an Impedance Adaptor the sound coming from my D2 is great, full of bass, broad soundstage and certainly no hiss. I'm using a IEM Sennheiser CX300 (16 Ohm) and my Ogg Q3 music files sound rich and full.
EQ Settings: 0 -4 -4 -6 0 and only BBE set to 1. The rest is unset.
Only when using V4 and V5 lame encoded mp3s the bass sounds terrible and the soundstage is like mentioned in this thread.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OggY68 View Post
I don't know what the fuss is all about. Without an Impedance Adaptor the sound coming from my D2 is great, full of bass, broad soundstage and certainly no hiss. I'm using a IEM Sennheiser CX300 (16 Ohm) and my Ogg Q3 music files sound rich and full.
EQ Settings: 0 -4 -4 -6 0 and only BBE set to 1. The rest is unset.
Only when using V4 and V5 lame encoded mp3s the bass sounds terrible and the soundstage is like mentioned in this thread.
OggY68 welcome to ABI. And thank you, as the D2 does sound fantastic as is.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:39 AM

Does anyone have measurements of the impedance adapters by awwan, the ebay dealer? http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I'm interested in them since they can't break as easiliy as the UE ones, but I'm wondering whether they also add loads of distortion like the UE adapters.

I'm especially interested in the 300 and 620 ohm versions , with them I could switch phones in my home setup without touching the volume control.