android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Sleek

Old 06-14-2008, 10:47 AM

Default What will happen when I plug Zen Sleek Photo in a computer?

Hiya - I'm used to using Linux, but I'm traveling through Asia for roughly half a year, and so my computer access is limited to windows machines in different internet cafes.

I'd appreciate a way of getting music onto my Creative Zen Sleek Photo - but I'm worried that if I just plug it into a random computer windows will start an automatic sync process and I'll lose all my music.

If anyone could tell me exactly what happens it would be great - and if there's any (preferably portable) software I might have to obtain transfer music from these PCs etc...

Thanks a lot
Wilf

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You should be fine. I would stay away from Windows Media Player to be safe though. If you get a computer that is MTP compliant, then you can just use Windows Explorer and drag-and-drop any changes you want to do while on the road. If you can, try and grab a Vista (supports MTP natively) computer to get the easiest support. If there are no Vista computers, try any of the WinXP SP2/3 with WMP11 installed; use Windows Explorer with it as well. Good luck, be safe, and welcome to ABI!

Zen FAQ

Old 06-16-2008, 03:48 AM

Thanks!

Old 06-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. I forgot to mention earlier, make sure you have the PlaysForSure firmware installed on the Sleek (if you don't already). The PlaysForSure firmware turns the Sleek into an MTP device and allows you to use it without any additional software/drivers that would otherwise be needed if it wasn't an MTP device. Keep in mind.... backup all files on the Sleek before you upgrade to the PlaysForSure firmware because it will format the drive when installing.

Zen FAQ