android
Old 06-13-2008, 12:55 PM

Talking Cowon D2 in Florida (Help a tourist, please) :D

Well... I'm brazilian and I'm traveling to Florida in the next month, and after a lot of research, I'm pretty much decided to buy a Cowon D2.

I currently own a Sansa e270 and I'm looking for a new MP3 player and I won't miss this opportunity.

I need at least 16GB of storage. So I think the D2 is currently the best choice:

Sansa View - tired of crappy Sansa interface, bad screen
Sansa Fuze (+microSD) integration, but same reason, crappy video and seems like an improvement to the e200 series
Samsung P2 pricey, 8GB version max. (in the US)
Creative Zen currently my second option, some problems, but I kind of liked it
Sony A720/A820 pricey, and seriously, I didn't like the interface
iPod Touch it's DAMN pricey
iriver E100 (+microSD) disappointing reviews and no integration, that's a shame, because it's a sexy player.
Zune 80/Zune 8 Zune 80 is HDD based and the flash version is 8GB max... that's a shame, because I really liked the Zune

Anyway... my question is simple: Is it easy to find the Cowon D2 in Florida? Basically in Miami and Orlando... I'm getting the 16GB version or the 8GB version + 8GB SD card...

Agency tour's shopping destinations include Wal-Mart, The Florida Mall, Sawgrass Mills and Bayside Marketplace.

Thanks

Last edited by Titons; 06-13-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

You will need to purchase it through Cowon's site because Cowon does not retail through brick and mortar stores in the United States.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:13 PM

OMG... that's awful! So I think I'll have to stick with my other options...

Old 06-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Redneck Moderator

You don't know anyone there with a credit card and address?

Old 06-13-2008, 06:07 PM

MEIZU my friend is a good company that makes good quality DAPs close to COWON. in FL look into a Walgreen store and they might have them in stock.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
You will need to purchase it through Cowon's site because Cowon does not retail through brick and mortar stores in the United States.
Two "brick and mortar" superstores in NYC which also sell over the net, B&H Photo, and J&R Music sell the D2. It looks like J&R just has the 8 gig though(and the 16 gig i7). B&H seems to have several Cowon models. it seems like J&R just recently started selling Cowon mp3 players, so they may add more models over time. I wish other retailers would add Cowon products. The problem is probably that Cowon is much too small to supply large chains like Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Circuit City, Staples, Costco, etc. Perhaps some more larger stand alone stores will add them though. Carrying brands such as Cowon is great way for a larger stand alone store or very small chain to differentiate itself from the huge chains. I am wondering why high end audio stores have not embraced Cowon.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...t=Submit+Query

http://www.jr.com/category/audio/mp3/n/4294485194/

Last edited by JK98; 06-13-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
You don't know anyone there with a credit card and address?
Actually, I don't. And I'm only staying there 16 days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURR View Post
MEIZU my friend is a good company that makes good quality DAPs close to COWON. in FL look into a Walgreen store and they might have them in stock.
Hmm... unfortunately the Mini Player doesn't fit my requirements. Anyway... thanks for the recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
Two "brick and mortar" superstores in NYC which also sell over the net, B&H Photo, and J&R Music sell the D2. It looks like J&R just has the 8 gig though(and the 16 gig i7). B&H seems to have several Cowon models. it seems like J&R just recently started selling Cowon mp3 players, so they may add more models over time. I wish other retailers would add Cowon products. The problem is probably that Cowon is much too small to supply large chains like Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Circuit City, Staples, Costco, etc. Perhaps some more larger stand alone stores will add them though. Carrying brands such as Cowon is great way for a larger stand alone store or very small chain to differentiate itself from the huge chains. I am wondering why high end audio stores have not embraced Cowon.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...t=Submit+Query

http://www.jr.com/category/audio/mp3/n/4294485194/
Yeah... guess they're the only ones, but they are NY stores. I thought that Cowon was bigger.

I'm wondering if the Insignia Pilot is exclusive to BestBuy stores... and if there is a BestBuy store in one of my destinations...
Otherwise I'm gonna get the Zen or the View.

Last edited by Titons; 06-13-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:42 PM

it will ship in less than 16 day, order it from jetaudio

Old 06-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Redneck Moderator

Well, thats to bad, if I live in florida then I'd buy it and sell it to you once you got there.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:05 AM

Thanks a lot for the help, guys! But I'm just gonna stick to the Zen or the View now... I just have to decide which one now. Anyone?

Old 06-14-2008, 12:50 AM

Well the Zen doesn't have integration with it's SD slot but I would say it has the nicest screen outside of a PVP (that includes the Touch for overall quality.) It's amazingly vibrant for being 2.5". If you go to Bestbuy or Circuit City you can see for yourself. The interface is also simple, smooth, and reasonably customizable.
Phonak Audeo PFE 111 (White), Sennheiser PX100 (Travel Purposes), Koss KSC-75 (Eh... Too Plingy)

Old 06-14-2008, 05:56 AM

B&M mentality makes no sense to me, you can order the d-2 and have it shipped 2nd day air to where your staying. btw, I live in south FL

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-16-2008, 09:47 PM

Lightbulb I can tell you how to get your D2!

This morning I have just bought my new D2 16Gb from Jetaudio through Amazon storefront. I am an old customer with Amazon and I can ship to anywhere in the US and still pay with my international credit card (chilean). For $229 plus $15 S/H is not a bad deal. Right now is in its way with UPS second day to a hotel in California where a friend is staying. He will leave back to Chile on saturday so I expect to have it in my hands by next sunday...

So, what I suggest is that you wait until a few days before your departure to Orlando and then order it through Amazon and ship it to your hotel. If you don't have an account with Amazon, I suggest you buy something like a DVD or CD that you can ship directly to Brasil so you get your credit card checked by Amazon. After that you can use any delivery address you choose. Hope it helps...

Old 06-16-2008, 11:02 PM

Yeah... it might be a good deal. But I still have to wait until next 29 to see more details about my trip... I still don't know if I'm staying in Orlando or Miami.

I didn't know that Amazon ships to other countries. Nice...

Old 06-17-2008, 12:54 AM

Yes, Amazon ships to many countries, but only on selected items (CDs, DVD, books, and some other things). You may be charged tax and customs duties at arrival time. But most of the good stuff is only available with shipping within the US only. I have used the 3 options I have here: ship directly to Chile on those special items, ship to a forwarding courier service typically located in Miami that will take care of the shipping form the US to Chile (and will charge me overseas shipping and local taxes), or ship within the US to an address I can collect my stuff or to someone that can bring the items down to me (international shipping and taxes exempted...) which is always my first option.