android
Old 06-11-2008, 10:18 AM

Default Copy between SD card and internal memory?

My apologies if this has been answered and I missed it, but I been trying to find out whether the D2 allows copying between a SD/SDHC card and the internal memory, for example, to copy photos from a camera's SD card onto the device. From what I've read, the D2 does not support USB Host mode for copying from a camera, but if it can copy from the card, that would be fine too (maybe better).

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

To the best of my knoweledge, no, it does not. Fully integrate the files into the library, yes.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:26 PM

No, it does not support copy, but it fully integrates. nywytboy, nice avatar, I like their mascot.

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 06-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenodius View Post
No, it does not support copy, but it fully integrates. nywytboy, nice avatar, I like their mascot.
Thanks!!!

Old 06-13-2008, 01:52 PM

OK, thanks. I think that's the clincher for me. Going on a trip and want a way to backup photos when I can't get to a computer for a long time. I'm sure it's not a common feature request, since you can still view photos by popping in the camera's card, but I'm not that interested in viewing on such a small screen. Lots to like about the D2, but I think I'm going to go for the i7 for now. I appreciate your help!

Old 06-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There are small portable devices that duplicate SD cards. I guess they just duplicate the whole card though, and not just specific images. I remembered seeing one on the net by Panasonic, but there may be others as well. The Creative Zen will let you copy from the SD card to the main memory, however AFAIK it copies the whole card only, and won't let you write files to cards from the main memory. It would be nice if an mp3 player with an SD card slot appears that will let you write just specific files from the card to the main memory, then write a group of files from the main memory to a different SD card. It would be great to be able to back up the favorite images from several SD cards to a single SD card while one is away and far from a computer.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:08 PM

Yeah, with a touchscreen interface, it shouldn't be too hard to support drag-and-drop between a card and memory (although navigating through the contents might be tedious on such a small screen). I wouldn't need this at home very often, but when traveling it would be handy, since I don't usually want to lug a computer around with me.