android
Old 06-10-2008, 05:45 PM

Default Creating Playlists Using Winamp

I am using Winamp to build my playlists and I can transfer the mp3 files to the player no problem, but the player doesn't seem to be able to detect the actual "playlist" file. (i.e. when I click on the playlist option in the player's main menu, it says there are no playlists).

Can anyone help me out? I would be extremely grateful.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-11-2008, 08:29 AM

same here, i wondered how that playlist thing worked.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:38 AM

As far as I've seen (recently purchased one myself) the Walkman is an MTP type device first and a MSC device second. What this means is, most of its media sorting functions (database indexing, playlists, etc) are handled by a standard driver that Microsoft produces and distributes for MP3 players. Its internal database is stored in memory locations you have no access to, and as such, winamp and other programs can't create playlists for them. You can, however, open the device from windows explorer when it's in MTP mode and just highlight the music you'd like to have in a playlist, then right-click and select "Create playlist on device".

MTP is made of fail, but at least for the moment, it's all we have. Also, the lack of playlist on the go is annoying, but elsewise, it's a solid player.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

J,River Media Jukebox has created and transferred numerous playlists to my A829 as well as my departed S618 without any probs.
http://www.mediajukebox.com/

Old 07-11-2008, 01:55 PM

Hi
Have a look at this thread, Dr Zoidberg has created a great little program that solves most of the problems, with playlists/year/art for the Sony.
Its a very simple and easy to use, just drag and drop your folders, synch and away you go, no other software needed.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=27370

Old 07-11-2008, 06:54 PM

another way is to simply right click on the selected files and folders on the device. the context menu will give you the option of creating a play list. i think you can leave it there, but i drag that into the playlist directory. and it works fine. odd stuff.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frimframsauce View Post
..... i think you can leave it there,
You can just leave it where it's created. That certainly works fine for me anyway.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:27 AM

I'm wondering if I've missed the point on this thread

You can create playlists in Winamp, then connect the walkman, and when you see it under 'Portables' in Winamp media library, right click on the Playlist and select 'Send to...' 'Walkman' or drag it there....

Look in Walkman's Playlist and its there. This works fine for me.

Once its there you can drag files on to it, or onto the orginal, but there is no syncing between the Winamp and Walkman versions.

Tags
playlists, winamp