android
Old 06-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Zune Moderator

Default SanDisk acquires MusicGremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engadget
Quite a bit of time has elapsed since we last saw fit to mention MusicGremlin on these pages, but the long-lost outfit has found itself relevant again thanks to SanDisk. Announced today, the latter firm has acquired the former, and we're told that the acquisition will (expectedly) fall under the Sansa audio / video business unit. According to Daniel Schreiber, general manager and senior VP of the aforesaid unit, MusicGremlin's "digital distribution platform and capabilities will provide SanDisk with adaptive and innovative technology that will play a key role in the development of future Sansa products for consumers," though he didn't elaborate much beyond that. To be frank, we have some serious respect for the Sansa line as-is, so we're quite interested to see what impact (if any) this will eventually have on the crew we've come to know so well.
I personally have never heard of MusicGremlin but maybe some of you have. I don't really know how good of a thing for SanDisk this is, but it sound like maybe improvements to there sansa line.

After looking at the site looks like a feature improved connect may be in the future. I get this idea because the player on their site does the following:

• Browse over 3 million tracks on your Gremlin
  • Download music wirelessly and listen to it instantly
  • Get DJ-programmed playlists sent directly to your Gremlin
  • Share Your music wirelessly with friends
All of those seem to be a feature they would bring to a sansa connect update.

Last edited by Cruleworld; 06-10-2008 at 08:40 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-10-2008, 10:03 AM
ABI Founder

Im writing something up on this now. I have two MusicGremlins and to be blunt, they are possibly one of the worst players i have used.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:18 PM

I can only see this ever becoming popular if it's integrated into... a phone.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The concept is great, just doesn't seem to work for DAP's too well. Shame too as it'd be great to get some new tunes when a fav artist releases a new track or album (no trip to Best Buy - YAY!!!)