android
Old 06-09-2008, 03:52 PM

Unhappy Charger Disabled My Player...Won't Reboot or Respond!!!

Hi there,

I got a 1 GB Sandisk Sansa Express in the mail yesterday from an eBay bid, brand new and perfectly functioning. Put songs on it, working great.

Received a cheap USB-AC/DC wall charger in the mail today and was hoping to test it out....plugged it into the wall, red light went on. Good, right? Plugged in my Sansa player, green light went on, but the Sandisk player did not respond. Furthermore, when I tried to turn it on after plugging it into the wall charger, it didn't work.

I've tried rebooting the player several ways - tried a hard reset (Volume + and select button held for a while), tried pressing the Volume + and connecting it to my PC, attempted to download the Sansa Connect Recovery program, which isn't showing up on my PC (???) and am looking for other methods.

The player isn't responding to anything I do, and my computer does not recognize it when I plug it in. What should I do?

--Furthermore, before I tested the wall charger with the Sandisk Express, I had already tested the wall charger with another Sandisk mp3 player, the e260. It had the same effect, disabling it temporarily; however, I was able to revive it using a reset.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm not sure if the Express has a removable battery, if it does you can try taking it out and putting it back in and seeing if it works
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 06-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Express doesn't have a removable battery.
If the Express is still not responding, RMA is best option.

My Last.fm

Old 06-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you tried this: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=24993

I remember from IRC that had this issue, but he did part of the steps 1 thru 6. After doing it, he got it working again.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:34 AM

Thanks to everyone for your quick replies!

I've tried everything, and the player's just not responding. I must have really fried something! So I'm going to try the warranty and see how that goes.

Does anyone know if I will be able to receive a refurbished player back from Sansa, since it really was my fault for messing it up in the first place? I'm reading over the warranty and the gist of it is, "If you messed it up, too bad."

Old 06-26-2008, 08:48 AM

i would just tell them that it dosent work... dont thell them you put it in the carger.

sounds like the same issue i had. i thought since it is basicaly a flash drive i could plug it into my pioner head units USB port... it work for a while. It would even charge it.... then one day i started the car(the sansa was connected) and it never worked again.... i told sandisck that is was not working, after a bit of rigamorow(is that a word) I got a new one.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

FracturedPixel, I would not lie to a company because it could be stealing if you think of it. It could cause something bad to you later on.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:00 AM

i did not lie and they did not ask... sorry i am normaly a good person.... really