android
Old 06-08-2008, 04:24 PM

Default Bluetooth audio out to PC?

Has anyone been able to use the bluetooth of their PC (dekstop or laptop) to play the audio from their P2?

My computer's bluetooth recognizes the P2, but only for file transfers.

I remember reading that this was possible,but I'm not sure how to go about it. I tried to set up my PC as "bluetooth headphones", but the P2 didn't recognize it.

On another note, I find the file transfer function to be a bit useless, since you can't control which folder you are transferring the files to. I have to ultimately connect up to the computer to move files around, so why bother with the (slower) bluetooth transfer in the first place?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-08-2008, 04:39 PM

I don't know why one would what to do that. Does your computer not serve as the source from which the music files came from? If so, just use the media player on the PC to play the files on your computer. If your computer does not support the proper BT profile (A2DP client, not host), it will not work. None of us can tell you the BT profiles your computer will support. You need to find this out yourself.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:39 AM

Default I think its a good idea

I would like to be able to stream music from my P2 to a PC with bluetooth. For example, if I'm over at someone's house, I would like to be able to play music on their computer from my P2 without bringing the cord along.

The file transfer is only 1 file at a time (i think?), so it would be a huge pain to do it like that.

Basically, if my friend has an awesome sound system hooked up to a bluetooth PC, it would be nice to have the PC act as middle-man to connect the two. But thats really more of an application you'd run on your computer than something you can build into the P2.

I haven't tried using bluetooth since it came out and failed to connect to my friend's minimac to transfer files, so maybe the firmware has improved and you can transfer multiple files at once now?

Old 10-06-2008, 07:35 PM

I think a better idea would be if you could use your P2's as walkietalkies sorta, or a thing like the nintendo DS's with the Picto chat except with out the drawing.... So what I'm trying to say is Blue Tooth connected Texting between two P2s?
Would this even be able to work?

Back on the forum indefinitely

Old 10-07-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagence View Post
I think a better idea would be if you could use your P2's as walkietalkies sorta, or a thing like the nintendo DS's with the Picto chat except with out the drawing.... So what I'm trying to say is Blue Tooth connected Texting between two P2s?
Would this even be able to work?
If there is no BT profile to support this functionality in the device, no application to run it, and you don't have the skill to create all this, it's just a pipe dream.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_says View Post
I would like to be able to stream music from my P2 to a PC with bluetooth. For example, if I'm over at someone's house, I would like to be able to play music on their computer from my P2 without bringing the cord along....

Basically, if my friend has an awesome sound system hooked up to a bluetooth PC, it would be nice to have the PC act as middle-man to connect the two. But thats really more of an application you'd run on your computer than something you can build into the P2....
Last time I checked, PCs use the same 1/8" jack the P2 uses. Talk about making things hard...if your friend has such an awesome sound system hooked into thier PC, unplug it from the computer and plug it into the P2. Why ignore the simple solution?

Old 11-18-2008, 04:52 PM

i can do it on my laptop... its useless cause the music is already on my computer but eh its cool... and it acts as like a remote control

when i got to my stereo headsets on my p2 i select my computer and then voila! music streaming from my p2 to my pc

of course i had to do other stuff in between to get it to work

Old 11-21-2008, 05:05 PM

My notebook has A2DP client and host capabilities too but it's utterly pointless to me. It seems to be more common on some of the newer BT stacks.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus3000 View Post
Has anyone been able to use the bluetooth of their PC (dekstop or laptop) to play the audio from their P2?

My computer's bluetooth recognizes the P2, but only for file transfers.

I remember reading that this was possible,but I'm not sure how to go about it. I tried to set up my PC as "bluetooth headphones", but the P2 didn't recognize it.

On another note, I find the file transfer function to be a bit useless, since you can't control which folder you are transferring the files to. I have to ultimately connect up to the computer to move files around, so why bother with the (slower) bluetooth transfer in the first place?

Yeah i have and it turns ur laptop into a bluetooth speaker get two more and you got ur self some nice surround sound

Old 03-07-2009, 08:17 PM

How exactly do you use your computer's BT to transfer files to the p2?

Old 04-17-2009, 12:21 AM

Thumb Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
Last time I checked, PCs use the same 1/8" jack the P2 uses. Talk about making things hard...if your friend has such an awesome sound system hooked into thier PC, unplug it from the computer and plug it into the P2. Why ignore the simple solution?
Thats a very neat solution!

Besides, why would you do that? In my case, its utterly pointless