android
Old 06-08-2008, 01:21 AM

Default Installed Rockbox without sansapatcher or rbutil

My Sansa was behaving weird - kept showing as 0 bytes and shown up as PPI NAND on pc. So I formatted the FMT way and used firmware 1.02.20P.mi4. It was ok and showed the sansa as normal, proper working usb drive - no more PPI NAND or 0 bytes.

But when I tried reinstalling Rockbox again using sansapatcher or rbutil, it said no e200 and no sansas found.

So I downloaded digerati1338 multi bootloader (http://e200.digerati1338.googlepages.com/multibl)
and renamed it PP5022.mi4 and put it on root of my sansa. Next I used the mi4code to decrypt my 1.02.20P.mi4 firmware into a BIN file called F0.bin and dumped that into the System folder.

I unzipped the latest Rockbox build into my Sansa. Then I made a copy of the rockbox.mi4 and placed it into the System folder. Next I used the mi4code to decrypt the rockbox.mi4 into a BIN file called F1.bin, and deleted the copy of the rockbox.mi4.

I dismounted the Sansa and unplugged - its says Upgrading Firmware and restarted again. By default it stated on the original firmware. Next I shutdown and restarted, this time pressing the Center button and it booted Rockbox!

So far everything seems to be working fine.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Rockbox Developer

Well, that's the way the sansapatcher installs the bootloader. You just did it manually.

Note, that you need to be in MSC mode for sansapatcher to see the Sansa. Also note, that after a OF reinstallation the USB mode defaults to MTP.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:11 AM

I don't understand 90% of what was said above. But my player is showing up as PPI NAND and I don't think it did that before. Also, files I've copied don't show up in the folder in Rockbox, but do show up in Sansa OS.

Can someone give me a link to the easiest way to "reset" everything?

Old 06-09-2008, 08:48 AM

I believe what kugel was saying is your sansa has two modes MTP and MSC. sansapatcher and rbutil won't properly recognize your sansa if it's in MTP mode... put it in MSC mode first. If it's in MTP mode when you transfer your files then your computer will see the files transfer correctly but rockbox won't.

To change it to MSC mode just boot into original firmware, go to settings, select USB, then change and transfer files.

If you still have the PPI NAND problem after this then I 'm sure we'll keep trying to help you.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybear View Post
My Sansa was behaving weird - kept showing as 0 bytes and shown up as PPI NAND on pc. So I formatted the FMT way and used firmware 1.02.20P.mi4. It was ok and showed the sansa as normal, proper working usb drive - no more PPI NAND or 0 bytes.

But when I tried reinstalling Rockbox again using sansapatcher or rbutil, it said no e200 and no sansas found.

So I downloaded digerati1338 multi bootloader (http://e200.digerati1338.googlepages.com/multibl)
and renamed it PP5022.mi4 and put it on root of my sansa. Next I used the mi4code to decrypt my 1.02.20P.mi4 firmware into a BIN file called F0.bin and dumped that into the System folder.

I unzipped the latest Rockbox build into my Sansa. Then I made a copy of the rockbox.mi4 and placed it into the System folder. Next I used the mi4code to decrypt the rockbox.mi4 into a BIN file called F1.bin, and deleted the copy of the rockbox.mi4.

I dismounted the Sansa and unplugged - its says Upgrading Firmware and restarted again. By default it stated on the original firmware. Next I shutdown and restarted, this time pressing the Center button and it booted Rockbox!

So far everything seems to be working fine.
Man my head is spinning.... Good to see you got everything working!
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 06-09-2008, 08:21 PM

Strange thing is my sansa is still not recognised by sansapatcher or rbutil even in MSC mode. I'll stick with installing or updating rockbox manually - more fun that way!

Old 06-10-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
Man my head is spinning.... Good to see you got everything working!
xD that's funny =) this is how we installed Rockbox for a long time, before there was the sansapatcher. Funny that now people can't imagine that^^

Old 06-13-2008, 09:11 AM

Here is the solution for downgrading the 1.03 beta firmware, if you cannot get your player to boot in Recovery mode.

1. You CAN copy the .18 or .24 firmware into the root directory and it will revert to the old firmware.
2. The reason it won't work if you just copy them is 1.03 will not recognize the old file names. You simply need to rename the .18 or .24 version firmware files to names that the 1.03 beta firmware will recognize.
3. Rename the files Firmware.mi4 and pribootLoader.rom
4. Now you can copy them to the root of the Sansa (if you can't get Recovery mode to start) and reboot and you will be downgraded to the old firmware.