android
Old 06-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Sansa m250 sound quality?

I see the 2 gig Sansa m250 is just $25.49 at B&H Photo. I guess you are probably going to tell me to spend the extra money and get a Clip. If the clip used a AAA battery then I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Since the m250 does use a AAA battery, it is much more attractive to me in that regard. As for the iriver T60, the reviews I read said that it is so easy to press the joystick improperly and have the player respond in a way that is not wanted. This isn't so bad for those who only listen to music, however losing one's place in long lectures would be extremely annoying.

Last edited by JK98; 06-08-2008 at 05:10 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Personally, it sounds really good to me, but everyones ears are different! so you never know!
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 06-08-2008, 02:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Buy the Clip.

My Last.fm

Old 06-09-2008, 10:27 AM

There are four different hardware versions of the m200 series. The last version (with firmware 4.x.x) uses the same processor as the Clip which has gotten good reviews. The only way to check firmware version is to start it and see.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaos View Post
There are four different hardware versions of the m200 series. The last version (with firmware 4.x.x) uses the same processor as the Clip which has gotten good reviews. The only way to check firmware version is to start it and see.
Therefor we can expect the same SQ? When/If confirmed, I will swap my 3.2.8E with a 4.x one.
I'd go for CLIP, but m250 runs on AAA battery!!!
Can someone confirm?

Old 07-22-2008, 09:25 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by midib View Post
I'd go for CLIP, but m250 runs on AAA battery!!!
You mean to say that you don't like buying disposable electronics? I can't blame you there. Designing a portable electronic device that's built in such a way that you can't do something as simple as swap a battery out when it goes dead (let alone when it'll no longer hold a charge) has to be one of the worst moves in the entire history of electronics.

Anyway...the sound quality? Not bad. Not bad at all.. Not to mention the fact that you can put in a high current aaa cell and boost up the output power a bit.

I say go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:38 AM

Yes. I'm very satisfied with my v1. So if v2 (and v1) ever gets rockboxed and if it has the "Clip" SQ...
...and if the firmware doesn't have THAT stupid "shut off the back light when battery is less than half full" bug/feature...
BTW... an hour of playtime on AAA costs me 0,022€/h ( 0.04$/h)