Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Default Help: PPI NAND, 0 bytes free, other strange problems.

Hi everyone. Apologies if I am asking a very solved problem.

I have been using RBX for probably a month with no problems. I don't use WMP and I don't like playlist and such. I just drag things over manually. I created a new folder called Music2 so I don't worry about the auto-hidden "Music" folder.

Everything has been fine until today. The only thing I can think of that has changed is that I bought a 4GB SDHC card. I don't have a card reader, so I've just used RBX to cut-paste things from the drive to the SDHC card for the time being until I buy a card reader. The SDHC may not have caused this problem- it's the only new element I can think of.

So today when I connect, the Player shows up named Sansa e260 and underneath is PPI NAND. I'm nearly positive that wasn't there before. I can't copy anything to the player because it says it is full. If you look at details, the pie chart says 0 bytes free. I deleted a whole directory of music, and it still says 0 bytes, so I don't think it's actually full.

If you right click, you can't perform any kind of drive operations, the tabs for drive tools and so forth don't exist.

If I switch to MSC mode, two new drive letters show up, but there is nothing there.

Also, in all the connecting and disconnecting, the player acts a little weird. Of course I've been switching modes and trying some different things, updating or deleting the drivers, etc. The player sometimes randomly gets stuck at the SanDisk screen, says Disconnected when it is connected, or doesn't show connected when it is (just the settings or whatever screen). Sometimes the screen is black and the blue wheel stays on forever. Usually I have to hold the power button for a long time to force it off.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't remember seeing that PPI NAND before. I'm pretty sure it behaved like any normal drive before.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]