android
Old 06-04-2008, 06:45 PM

Default I repaired my touchpad, but I need parts...

My touchpad quit, so I took it apart to see why, and it turns out that the touchpad part came unsoldered from the buttons part. Unfortunately when I took my player apart I kind of tore it to pieces. I need a couple of new parts to get my player looking good again.

I need...
The cover for the touchpad
The screen
The lower and upper covers
And the buttons themselves, but I don't need them that bad...

Here is my Zen now, its pretty sad looking, but it works

If anyone else has a broken touchpad, send me a PM, I might be able to help you fix it. The design of the buttons and touchpad circuit board is not very good and there are parts that look like they would break after normal use.

Thanks for looking!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Tommygreen23, welcome to ABI! There is no buying and selling on this site, however you may want to check EBay for an As-Is Sleek. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 06-06-2008, 09:12 PM

Oh ok, I saw some other posts with people asking for parts, I thought it was ok...

Anyway, My player wouldn't turn on, the blue power light just came on. So I thought it was done and went to taking it apart. I took the buttons out and for some reason it would turn on then. But as soon as I put the buttons back in it would freeze (literally, music and all. It made a horrible humming noise)

I took the keypad apart and found that the solder welds on the touch part of the buttons had broken in some spots. Probably from all that tapping. Anyway I touched those spots up and the player would turn on. I was so relieved. However whenever I pressed the next track button it would freeze. I had to reset it a couple of times after testing sever things that did not work. After the last reset it went onto some freaky mode. It forgot all of my newest music bit it had some of my old music. Whenever I picked a track to play it would tell me to pick a track to play on the screen but it would be playing music fine. The froward button still did not work so pissed at the fact that I didn't know what song was playing or being able to advance the track I put the player in recovery mode, checked the disc, formatted the disc, cleared the firmware and reloaded the newest firmware.
Now my player works fine as you can see. It doesn't say "Select a track form the library" or something like that, the next button works (thank god!) and it doesn't freeze anymore. It works like new, its just torn up ...

If anyones player does something like this, send me a PM. Ill try to help you get it going again, You'll need a soldering iron though

This is a great player still, even after 3 years

Old 06-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Good job. Sounds like you had a corrupt firmware (possibly corrupt file system as well). Reloading (and formatting) from the Recovery Mode was the right move. I'm glad to hear you got it worked out.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-22-2008, 02:48 PM

i've had the same problem with my touch pad. ended up buying a zen sleek photo off of ebay now i'm trying a hard drive swap

Old 08-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome t1gershark. Nice job with the touch pad. Perhaps this thread and this thread may help with the hard drive replacement. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 12-03-2008, 05:40 PM

Hmmmm........
I tried the touchpad from the zen sleek photo and it seems there is a little bit of play in the connection. Some of the buttons work occasionally.
So I tried to put my hard drive into the zen sleek photo and all i get is recovery mode. Tried reformatting and reloading the firmware to no avail....

From here I can either keep messing with the zen sleek photo or get another touchpad for the zen sleek.

Or I could just give up and get an enclosure for the hard drive.
http://insidecomputer.stores.yahoo.n...b20alhadr.html

Suggestions?

Old 12-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Are you sure the hard drive works? Does a format even work? I don't really see why it wouldn't work. I would make sure you have formatted at least twice. Then begin the Reload Firmware from within Recovery Mode and execute the downloaded firmware file. Do you get through this or does it error out?

Zen FAQ

Old 12-13-2008, 03:05 PM

I know the hard drive works. After Formatting it tells how much free there is left. Windows isn't recognizing the Zen Sleek and every time I try to reload the firmware the firmware app keeps telling me it's not connected.

Last edited by t1gershark; 12-13-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It sounds like your issue may be with the computer and not with the Sleek. Have you ever loaded the PlaysForSure firmware on the Sleek? What Operating System are you using? What version of WMP is installed? Do you have any of the Creative software installed?

Zen FAQ