android
Old 06-16-2006, 01:01 PM

@xatax: its really a good idea, but in all aspects its lame to me to do that for every new mp3 i wanna transfer... just to clear that up: you can easily kill your hearing by setting the volume level to the max as it is now limited on the e250 while listening to music on THESE SMALL EARPLUGS... they ARE dangerous! i think everyone should know this, and the fact, that big headphones need a bit more power to reach the same level of volume than these small ones do, they also need more bass (only a little [also depends on headph.])
by gaining up the mp3s you could mash up a good quality sounding (keep in mind of distortions you dont notice but affects the sound scenery in general) !
for now its few levels too low to take a good listen with my big headphones in a bus, even if the mp3 itself is at its maximum volume! i know how to limit the volume that my ears keep living without any pain (i cant say 100% the truth bcause no living thing can do that at every time/situation), thats because i need an unlimited vc

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-17-2006, 05:51 PM

has any 1 tried to read there firmware Because i just plugged it in my mom's laptop and when i run the patcher i dont see nothing happening and i dont see the firmware anywhere any help ?

Also if we can remove some foreign languages would that make more room for the firmware ?

Last edited by redcell; 06-17-2006 at 06:13 PM.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:55 PM

IS aNY 1 ACTUALLY GONNA TRY TO DO SOME DEVLOPMENT

i thank the members who made the firmware extractor and the Playlist creator

But we really need to start reverse enginner or something then update and unpack it so we can see what it flashes into the sansa

I am working on Debugging the sansa by see what happens when i add a music file, a video , a image, and i drop some .rars into it
here is the software to help (also trying to see what happens when i flash the firmware into a sansa)

http://www.hhdsoftware.com/Products/...b-monitor.html

for hex editing i use

http://www.hhdsoftware.com/Products/...b-monitor.html

and for unpacking well i use
any resource editors

So if any 1 wants to join me in firmware devlopment they are more then welcomed

please just email me so i can know thanks -redcell

Old 07-06-2006, 05:55 PM

Default Is it possible to give us a greater volume?

Is it possible to give us a greater volume? Since the US version gets an added 10dB over the Eu version, does this mean that a firmware change can up that another 10 or 20dB?

Roger

Old 07-06-2006, 09:26 PM

If yours is the EU version, it's very possible to get more volume through a firmware change.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Banned

Is there a beta of this 'Rockbox' floating around anywhere?

Old 07-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nope, they are still breaking down the firmware and really haven't got into the hardware yet. It will be a while.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter
Nope, they are still breaking down the firmware and really haven't got into the hardware yet. It will be a while.
Damn.

I wonder how much $ they need to make it happen sooner...

::thumbs through wallet::

Old 07-18-2006, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter
Just a few questions on rockbox. When they break down the firmware, does that mean that they make it from scratch or do they pull resources and bits and pieces from other rockbox firmware? Also, are there any pages for live updateson the actual development?

Old 07-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adscorp
Just a few questions on rockbox. When they break down the firmware, does that mean that they make it from scratch or do they pull resources and bits and pieces from other rockbox firmware? Also, are there any pages for live updateson the actual development?
They reverse engineer it to its very roots, and then re-build it from the ground up (from scratch).

Old 07-18-2006, 03:13 PM

Not exactly. All of rockbox is one source tree. While the build is specific to that particular device, they do not reinvent the wheel each time.

The parts of code that are reusable, is reused. Whether they will do things like support the FM, beyond any existing level of support, remains to be seen.

bburge

Old 07-18-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andcheese
Not exactly. All of rockbox is one source tree. While the build is specific to that particular device, they do not reinvent the wheel each time.

The parts of code that are reusable, is reused. Whether they will do things like support the FM, beyond any existing level of support, remains to be seen.

bburge
The Rockbox guys have repeatedly stated that any potential Rockbox port to the e200 will NOT contain any functionality that isn't already in Rockbox. So any e200-specific capabilities will not be supported under Rockbox.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:55 PM

Exactly...

But, the feature freeze is over (for now) and while it wouldn't be just for the E200 series devices, there's no telling what the future will bring... :-D

http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/...-07/0054.shtml

I've been following that thread, even though I probably won't run the Rockbox FW unless I have problems (and I haven't so far) or they do something killer for me or my Mac level of access. For now, I'll just keep reaading... ;-)

bburge

Old 09-10-2006, 05:38 PM

Default DOGSTAR are you in the ubernet??

Dogstar Ive also been ripping my music to uberstandard, but havent been able to get into the ubernet. Are you a member?? Do you know hoe to get in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar
My 260 arrives tomorrow. I've been using (still use) an archos V2 20 gig. It's huge and clunkly. But, it's running rockbox and works like a dream.

I have about 100 gb of MP3s ripped to UberStandard (http://www.ubernet.org/?p=UberStandard) specs. No way was I going to let iTunes or Windows Media near my fies.

I love just having the music in folder format on my computer and being able to drag and drop what I want onto the Archos. I also love being able to create playlists on the fly.

RockBox really is the the answer for medial players. Everything you want; nothing you don't. I'll even gladly trade videos for everything else in the rockbox port (though I'm guessing a dual boot could get around that).

The only problem with Archos is the company was scared to death of RockBox. Basically, they'd deny warranty work if they found any rockbox files on your media player. This was kind of tricky if your player died before you could remove the files. I had to battle them twice on that because they tried to use it as an out to deny warranty coverage ("how do we know this software didn't damage the player."). This kind of thing scared a lot of people I knew off using rockbox on their archos.

So, if SanDisk will even just "allow" the firmware (obviously supporting dev would be even better), then we'll ahead of the game!

Old 09-11-2006, 02:15 PM

Sandisk is providing _some_ support for the Rockbox Sansa project. They have provided some e200's and some debug hardware/software type dev kits.

While I don't think that running Rockbox will void your warranty, don't expect Sandisk to fall all over themselves helping you if your problem might be related to running a different firmware.

bburge

Old 08-15-2007, 01:06 AM

LONG time since this was updated. Is the port working yet??? Please say YES!!

Old 08-15-2007, 01:17 AM

ya man its been working....for pretty good amount time......
maybe you should check out that nice rockbox sub-forum

Closed Thread