android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa e200 > Sansa e200 Programs

Old 10-13-2008, 05:11 PM

Only the m3us that are in the same directory as playlist.exe are converted. This may be any directory on any disk, even (as you mentioned earlier) a directory on your Sansa. Of course you must have sufficient user rights to read/write the directory.
Selecting the drive letters is just to indicate the drive mapping of your Sansa to the program. It could be automated, but so far I didn't.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-13-2008, 06:19 PM

But rather than copy mess with moving the m3us around, I'd like to just give it the drive letter and let it read the m3us from there

Old 10-14-2008, 04:48 PM

v1.5 says "no m3u files found"

i put an m3u and playlist.exe in a folder on my desktop and it gives me that

Old 10-15-2008, 04:00 AM

You are right. It happens if there's only one m3u. Version 1.6 should do better.

One other change:
- If you run the program from withing the PLAYLISTS folder of Sansas internal memory (and your m3us are in de same folder) , then you will be asked to delete the m3u source files after conversion.

Download Playlist v1.6.zip (20k)

Old 11-14-2008, 03:19 PM

Ger -

I am a 'happy camper' now thanks to you. With your converter, I can now enjoy songs from both the player and the card in a single playlist. Are you working on any other updates (past v1.6)?

I have 2 questions . . . why the 250 song limit? Is this a Sansa firmware limit or can this somehow be increased?

2.) I have created a 250 song playlist in Winamp and converted it to .pla with your converter, but when I un-plug and after the e280v2 database refresh, I select this playlist and only have 249. I've tried converting both with the 'Skip duplicate entries' checked and un-checked (btw, what does this exactly do?) and I still end up with 249.

I had this playlist show the full 250, but then changed the content and now I just get the 249. I've opened up the .pla playlist in Notepad, scrolled down the entries looking for something that stood out as being different. Nothing.

I've compared the list in Notepad to the actual listing on my player, song by song. They all seem to be there. I thought it was because there were 2 songs (by different artists) with the same title. I changed the name of one of them, but that didn't help. I deleted one of the duplicate titles and put in a completely different song. Still the song count in the upper left-hand corner of the screen lists the count at 249.

This is probably something so simple I'm over-looking it, but have you any ideas?

You might be interested to know that this also works well with the Fuze, even though I was told by someone else that .pla format playlists will not work on the Fuze in MSC mode. I beg to differ. They work in both MTP & MSC mode on the Fuze.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:27 AM

Hi Tapeworm,

The 250 song limit is a Sansa limit.

The converter seeks the location of each title in internal and/or card memory. This is based on an EXACT match between title in the m3u-file and corresponding mp3-filename. Titles that where not found as mp3-file won't appear in the pla playlist!

So if you change a title in your m3u file, without changing the corresponding mp3 filename, it won't appear on the Sansa.

Best is to leave the creation of playlist files to winamp, mediamonkey etc.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:27 PM

Ger -

Thanks for the response. Bummer about the 250 limit. There's NO limit on the .m3u file playlists, and I just got confirmation from one of the development team at SanDisk there will be NO FURTHER UPDATES for the e200 series. This means not only won't the playlist song limit be raised as they did with the Clip (1000), but the 4000 +/- total song limit 'bug' being reached by people with 8GB cards will not be fixed either. They're going to have a LOT more people bitchin' about this as the 16GB card becomes more popular! They are working to fix it for the Fuze, but do not plan to share this bug fix with the e200 series.

I guess my only hope now rests in the hands of the Rockbox people. I hear they are close to porting to the v2.

My problem is the playlist was created in Winamp, and all song titles are the same as the file name. All 250 show in the .pla file (when viewed in Notepad). It's just that when you play it on the Sansa the song number in the upper left-hand corner will say 1/249 or 53/249, not 250 as it should be. One of the songs, although showing in the converted playlist apparently is not playable. I haven't taken the time to go through and try to play each & every song to try and narrow this down as to which one is the 'clinker' and why.

I though you might have an idea. I know when I find the answer, it's going to be one of those head-slapping, "Duh!" moments. I'll share when I find it so you can have a good laugh too.

Any plans for updating the Converter with anything new?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 AM

Default Great program!

Great program, Ger, many thanks for it!

I've been trying for days (litterally!) to manage to get playlists working on my Sansa e260 without much success.

I simply wanted 1 playlist per directory (as the player doesn't offer to play per directory, and many of my mp3 files didn't have proper ID3 tags), and your program is doing a perfect job for that, with the option to make a playlist per folder.

Thanks again for this!

Old 02-19-2009, 12:04 AM

Default No-go for me

I like how this program works, but it's a no-go for me.

Program runs fine and it creates *.pla and *.pla.ref files in the \playlists folder on my Sansa e280 (refurbished), but after I disconnect and it reboots (and rebuilds the DB), there's nothing but "Go List" under the Playlist menu.

I've been struggling with this for a while, none of the other programs I've tried have worked either. Seem like my Sansa just doesn't want to read the playlist files in that folder for some reason.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Brad

Old 02-19-2009, 11:09 PM

Is there something you need to do to trigger the Sansa to recognize the playlists?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:08 PM

Could you please upload this app someplace else? Savefile.com is down, messed up or lost data.

I just had to replace my v1 because I cracked the screen falling and this v2 just sucks in comparison. Everything is harder to work with plus the lack of rockbox.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:16 AM

Please, I also need version 1.6 and the link given does not go anywhere. Please upload it again, I am desperate.

Many thanks.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:44 AM

Can you please upload this to diffrent site or email this file.

Thanks.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydboy97 View Post
Can you please upload this to diffrent site or email this file. Thanks.
The last post on this thread was from 12-31-2009, the creator of the application hasnít been on abi since 01-14-2009 and the e200 series has long been canceled. Iím assuming the app was written to run on XP but I donít know for sure. All that said, I tested the download from the 2nd post and it works fine, you have to un-zip it after you get it and follow his directions but I didnít test past the un-zip.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc