android
  #1  
Old 05-28-2008, 09:03 PM
GADGETGUROO GADGETGUROO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SYRACUSE,NY
Posts: 16
Default Issue with pairing mobile phone and stereo headphones

I have an LG Venus(Verizon) and Insignia NS-BTHDST stereo bluetooth headphones. I can pair the headset to the phone and to my P2 but I cannot figure out how to pair them simultaneously so that I can answer calls while listening to music and transfer my contacts to my P2. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Especiallly being able to take calls while listening to music. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 05-28-2008, 09:15 PM
death__machine death__machine is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: India
Posts: 558
Default

Did you try pairing the Headset to both the P2 and your Mobile Phone, I have seen many people talking about this, but most of them afaik were using the Motorola S9 headset.
__________________
Samsung P2 8GB black>Sennheiser PX100
Want an SDK for the Samsung YP-P2? Vote here
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:40 PM
GADGETGUROO GADGETGUROO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SYRACUSE,NY
Posts: 16
Default

I am able to pair the headset to both the phone and the P2. But what is the mobile phone function on the P2 for. Am I suppose to pair the P2 to my phone in some way??
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 05-29-2008, 02:58 AM
death__machine death__machine is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: India
Posts: 558
Default

Two devices at a time cannot be paired with the P2.
__________________
Samsung P2 8GB black>Sennheiser PX100
Want an SDK for the Samsung YP-P2? Vote here
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 05-29-2008, 05:41 AM
GADGETGUROO GADGETGUROO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SYRACUSE,NY
Posts: 16
Default

Then how do I answer calls using the P2?
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:49 AM
death__machine death__machine is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: India
Posts: 558
Default

Thats the thing, you can answer calls with the P2 with your bluetooth Mobile Phone, but pairing the P2 to two bluetooth devices is not possible.

Suppose you had wired earphones then you could listen thru the earphones and talk thru the built-in mic.
__________________
Samsung P2 8GB black>Sennheiser PX100
Want an SDK for the Samsung YP-P2? Vote here
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 05-29-2008, 01:30 PM
GADGETGUROO GADGETGUROO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SYRACUSE,NY
Posts: 16
Default

I thought I saw somewhere where if you are listening to music with a bluetooth headset and you receive a call the music would be paused and you could then take he call. I'm sure there is a way to listen to music and receive calls from the same bluetooth device. My bluetooth headset also enables me to take calls as it has a built-in mic.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 05-29-2008, 05:05 PM
death__machine death__machine is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: India
Posts: 558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death__machine View Post
Did you try pairing the Headset to both the P2 and your Mobile Phone, I have seen many people talking about this, but most of them afaik were using the Motorola S9 headset.


If you pair both the P2 and the Mobile phone to the Headset, then your headset will pause the song when you get a call, this happens for sure with the Moto S9 headset
__________________
Samsung P2 8GB black>Sennheiser PX100
Want an SDK for the Samsung YP-P2? Vote here
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 05-30-2008, 08:01 AM
GADGETGUROO GADGETGUROO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SYRACUSE,NY
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death__machine View Post


If you pair both the P2 and the Mobile phone to the Headset, then your headset will pause the song when you get a call, this happens for sure with the Moto S9 headset
I'll give that a shot but I have a feeling that Verizon has done something with their bluetooth profiles to prevent that from happening. It appears that if I am connected to the P2 through my bluettoth headset even when I get a call I cannot connect to the phone. Does anyone have a similiar problem w/Verizon??
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 05-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Eric N.'s Avatar
Eric N. Eric N. is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GADGETGUROO View Post
I'll give that a shot but I have a feeling that Verizon has done something with their bluetooth profiles to prevent that from happening. It appears that if I am connected to the P2 through my bluettoth headset even when I get a call I cannot connect to the phone. Does anyone have a similiar problem w/Verizon??
Pair your phone to your bluetooth headset and then pair the P2 to your bluetooth headset.. Do not pair your phone to the P2 and then try to use your bluetooth headset since it won't work. Your bluetooth headset should be able to control both the phone and the p2 at the same time.. The only time you would want to pair your phone to the P2 would be to add contacts from the phone to the P2 or if you are using a wired pair of headphones. It has nothing to do with Verizon. The P2 can not pair to two bluetooth devices at the same time however, and this is how I do it, your bluetooth headset can.. When I have my headset (Moto S9 and/or my Moto T505) paired to my P2 and my Verizon Moto Q the headset pauses the P2's music and then I can take the call from my phone.. I don't know much about your bluetooth headset but, it *should* be able to pair and control two devices at a time.
__________________
Samsung YP-P2
Creative Zen Nano Plus
Archos AV4100
SSI Neo Jukebox
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 05-30-2008, 04:14 PM
GADGETGUROO GADGETGUROO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SYRACUSE,NY
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric N. View Post
Pair your phone to your bluetooth headset and then pair the P2 to your bluetooth headset.. Do not pair your phone to the P2 and then try to use your bluetooth headset since it won't work. Your bluetooth headset should be able to control both the phone and the p2 at the same time.. The only time you would want to pair your phone to the P2 would be to add contacts from the phone to the P2 or if you are using a wired pair of headphones. It has nothing to do with Verizon. The P2 can not pair to two bluetooth devices at the same time however, and this is how I do it, your bluetooth headset can.. When I have my headset (Moto S9 and/or my Moto T505) paired to my P2 and my Verizon Moto Q the headset pauses the P2's music and then I can take the call from my phone.. I don't know much about your bluetooth headset but, it *should* be able to pair and control two devices at a time.
Thanks...I'll try the steps you suggested. I returned the Insignia headset(manufactured through BestBuy)and picked up the LG HBS-200 instead. I did not like the way the Insignias fit. Anyway maybe the method I was using to connect my devices was incorrect. Anyway the headset is charging and I will try your suggestion later and let you know how it works out. I want to thank you guys for the feedback and assistance w/this issue in advance. Also once I pair the headset to my phone do I disconnect and then pair to the P2 or do I try to pair to the P2 while still connected to my phone.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 05-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Eric N.'s Avatar
Eric N. Eric N. is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GADGETGUROO View Post
Thanks...I'll try the steps you suggested. I returned the Insignia headset(manufactured through BestBuy)and picked up the LG HBS-200 instead. I did not like the way the Insignias fit. Anyway maybe the method I was using to connect my devices was incorrect. Anyway the headset is charging and I will try your suggestion later and let you know how it works out. I want to thank you guys for the feedback and assistance w/this issue in advance. Also once I pair the headset to my phone do I disconnect and then pair to the P2 or do I try to pair to the P2 while still connected to my phone.
If your phone has stereo bluetooth and a built in music player (which I think it does) then I would pair the P2 to the headset first leave it on and paired and then pair the phone to the headset while the P2 is still paired. I noticed that since my Moto Q also has a music player that it sometimes takes over the whole headset for both calls and music and blocks out the P2 not allowing it to pair. So now I pair the P2 first and then my phone.
__________________
Samsung YP-P2
Creative Zen Nano Plus
Archos AV4100
SSI Neo Jukebox
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 05-30-2008, 10:19 PM
GADGETGUROO GADGETGUROO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SYRACUSE,NY
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric N. View Post
If your phone has stereo bluetooth and a built in music player (which I think it does) then I would pair the P2 to the headset first leave it on and paired and then pair the phone to the headset while the P2 is still paired. I noticed that since my Moto Q also has a music player that it sometimes takes over the whole headset for both calls and music and blocks out the P2 not allowing it to pair. So now I pair the P2 first and then my phone.
Well I tried your method and unfortunately it still does not work. I cannot seem to be able to pair both the phone and the P2 simultaneously. I've tried doing the phone first then the P2 with no effect. Any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 05-31-2008, 11:03 AM
Eric N.'s Avatar
Eric N. Eric N. is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GADGETGUROO View Post
Well I tried your method and unfortunately it still does not work. I cannot seem to be able to pair both the phone and the P2 simultaneously. I've tried doing the phone first then the P2 with no effect. Any other suggestions?
hmmm, read the manual that came with your headset and clear out all the pairing info from them. Most can do this buy holding down some buttons for "x" amount of time... Then pair the P2 to the headset. Make sure it's working. Then while listening to the P2 with the headset try and pair your phone to the headset as well.. If that doesn't work then clear out the pairing info from the headset and make sure that it pairs and works with your phone on its own.. Just to weed out any bluetooth issues that your phone or the P2 might have. If both the phone and the P2 work separately with your headset but, they won't work with your headset together then I'm at a loss as to what to tell you to do..
__________________
Samsung YP-P2
Creative Zen Nano Plus
Archos AV4100
SSI Neo Jukebox
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 05-31-2008, 02:55 PM
GADGETGUROO GADGETGUROO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SYRACUSE,NY
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric N. View Post
hmmm, read the manual that came with your headset and clear out all the pairing info from them. Most can do this buy holding down some buttons for "x" amount of time... Then pair the P2 to the headset. Make sure it's working. Then while listening to the P2 with the headset try and pair your phone to the headset as well.. If that doesn't work then clear out the pairing info from the headset and make sure that it pairs and works with your phone on its own.. Just to weed out any bluetooth issues that your phone or the P2 might have. If both the phone and the P2 work separately with your headset but, they won't work with your headset together then I'm at a loss as to what to tell you to do..
I'm going to give your suggestion a try. Keep an eye on this thread. Thanks again in advance.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 05-31-2008, 09:45 PM
GADGETGUROO GADGETGUROO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SYRACUSE,NY
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GADGETGUROO View Post
I'm going to give your suggestion a try. Keep an eye on this thread. Thanks again in advance.
Well it just ain't happening:-(. I have tried every configuration and my bluetooh headset pairs individually but not collectively. I'm sure the issue is with the phone. So no bigggie. I can still use the headset w/my P2 which is what I ultimately wanted to do anyway. And I can control the functions ie. ff,rew,pause,volume of my P2 through the headset. I really do appreciate all the help and if you know of a solution then let me know.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 06-01-2008, 08:29 AM
pgh1969pa pgh1969pa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 578
Default

1) Pair the phone to the headphone.
2) Turn off the phone.
3) Pair the P2 to the headphone.
4) Turn off both the P2 and the headphone.
5) Turn on the headphones
6) Turn on the P2 and make sure the BT is on.
7) Reconnect the P2 to the headphone first (manual or it may pick up automatically)
8) Turn on the phone and connect to the headphone.

Now the phone should own the BT HFP connection and the P2 will own the A2DP & AVRCP connections. The head phones should work with both if it has multi-pair capability. May the first step should be: Read the manual on your headphones to see if it supports multipairing (two connections using different profiles at the same time).

Last edited by pgh1969pa; 06-01-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 06-01-2008, 06:13 PM
GADGETGUROO GADGETGUROO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SYRACUSE,NY
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
1) Pair the phone to the headphone.
2) Turn off the phone.
3) Pair the P2 to the headphone.
4) Turn off both the P2 and the headphone.
5) Turn on the headphones
6) Turn on the P2 and make sure the BT is on.
7) Reconnect the P2 to the headphone first (manual or it may pick up automatically)
8) Turn on the phone and connect to the headphone.

Now the phone should own the BT HFP connection and the P2 will own the A2DP & AVRCP connections. The head phones should work with both if it has multi-pair capability. May the first step should be: Read the manual on your headphones to see if it supports multipairing (two connections using different profiles at the same time).
Okay good news....I returned the LG headphones(the sound quality was not that great I could not pair multiple devices, and not much info provided by LG), and purchased the Sony DR-BT22 bluetooth stereo headsets. They work flawlessly. I can pair both the P2 and the LG Venus and everything works as it should. The music pauses when the phone rings and continues after the call ends. Also the sound of the Sony's is crisp and has decent bass. They are a little pricey, $99.00 but in my opinion well worth the expense. I highly recommend the Sony's if anyone is looking for a good bluetooth headset. Also thanks to Eric N. and pgh1969pa for all your help.
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 12-05-2008, 12:46 PM
RojasTKD RojasTKD is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 51
Default

I have it seen it mentioned several times the the P2 ca not connect to two BT devices at the same time. Thought I should mention, to keep things straight, this is not entirely correct. It can connect to two BT head sets at the same time, I have done this (Moto S9 & S9-HD). Unfortunately it seem it can not connect to the BT headset and BT phone at the same time. Seems we can't get completely away from wire yet and have everyting work.

On a brighter not the phone and the P2 can be paired to the BT headset, though then you can't not use the P2 to check the caller ID. For not not that big a deal as my Tilt has MS voivecommand and will announce the incoming caller ID, so it work out well in my case.

Last edited by RojasTKD; 12-20-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 AM
character1101 character1101 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Default

I was thinking is there a way to use P2 as a bluetooth device to answer calls? if so how have you done this? I am using a PDA phone
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.