android
Old 07-19-2008, 07:53 PM

When scrolling down through large lists, 250 items, the item that is highlighted flickers really ugly. Makes the player lose some of its cosmetic value. Try this bug by going to your songs list, and then scrolling down, stare at the highlighted song, and you should notice it gets real glitchy there. Kind of upsetting to have such a small bug make such a wonderful player ugly.

Now, I know that bug is very meticulous, but I bet you'll notice it next time you scroll through your music.

Flickering: Highlighted item blinks while scrolling.

Do you notice it now?

Last edited by Music!; 07-19-2008 at 08:20 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 AM

I have experienced a small bug recently:
When playing a mp3 file and using myDNSe, the player can glitch and makes a sound like a siren. The siren sound stops as soon as you pause the music or reset the player. This rarely happens, but I have experienced it 2 times since using BW4.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEYRAVEYGRAVEY View Post
When playing a mp3 file and using myDNSe, the player can glitch and makes a sound like a siren. The siren sound stops as soon as you pause the music or reset the player. This rarely happens, but I have experienced it 2 times since using BW4.
Great to hear someone else has also experienced this! It happens for me every time I play one of two audio files.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Samsung Moderator

Stuck

Old 07-24-2008, 03:06 PM

Does the flicker bother anyone else as much as it bothers me?

Old 07-28-2008, 12:40 AM

firmware 5.08 mode ums region (its a us player but I believe I set it to kr)

I have the alarm set on my p2 (with custom sound, or music what ever), and I have a password set so you have to put a password when you turn it on, and I'm not sure if this happens cause I don't wake up sometimes, or cause the alarm or password protection is just buggy, but, when I turn my p2 on after the alarm the screen goes all shaky, blurry and everything else :\ lol

note: I can still put in the password and it won't affect it in the way you touch it, it's just the picture that starts jumping :\

Old 07-28-2008, 12:42 AM

Quote:
this happened to me before this firmware :\ I believe it's not the firmware, it's the poor quality of the song you downloaded, yes, I know, you downloaded it lol

edit: oops, sorry for double post

second edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by death__machine View Post
With my Nokia 5700 Xpressmusic, there has often been connectivity problems with bluetooth, sometimes I can make a call from the P2 and sometimes I get errors. Sometimes I can recieve calls, but the voice is scrambled.
This problem stayed, no matter what update arrived, so I would rather call it Nokia's problem and not P2s problem.
So what I mean to say is that some mobiles may not make a good pair with the P2 while some will.
I had a RAZR2 V8 for a while and it paired with my P2 successfully, but when I try to connect them, gives me some error..

With my W910(got a new mobile ) the connectivity has been as smooth as the smoothest thing on earth.

And btw afaik, the region of my P2 when it arrived was WA.

And this isnt an official thread until a mod makes it one(I hope so, we really need this kind of a thread, even I thought of creating one some time back, but I have memory problems...)
that happens with my phone too (the staticy/scrambled type sound), usually it happens either if I make calls from the p2 or I turn up the volume on the p2 while it's still ringing (I have a Samsung Stripe, I'm a huge samsung fan boy :\ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGroover View Post
And another bug: The volume indicator sometimes remains on the screen and is only faded a little. It happenes often, when the lock is set to screen only. Sometimes, even restarting the P2 does not help, the volume indicater is still visible...
dude, I got so scared when that happened to me, and mad, and it annoyed the heck outa me till I got home and was finally able to find something small enough into the reset hole :\ lol

Last edited by youngchulo; 07-28-2008 at 12:52 AM.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:06 AM

P2 4GB - FW 4.13 KR UMS

3 months ago, I had a weird problem using the hold button, it just didint work at all. While playing music, it activated and deactivated at will, without moving the button. Shutting down or hard resetting the player didn't help.

Managed to enter the video mode, and played an anime episode, the hold activated again but doesnt matter when watching videos. My battery was full (charged for a trip) but dont know why it drained in like half hour.

Then I plugged it to my laptop, leave it charging, and worked again. No problems so far with that hold button... pretty weird huh?

Old 07-29-2008, 12:05 PM

Repeat function is broken. Today while using the 5.08kr version, I hit repeat on, and no tracks repeated. Single repeat however, does work.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDeV15 View Post
Great to hear someone else has also experienced this! It happens for me every time I play one of two audio files.
Same here. I was listening to my P2 outside near my pool and I hear this loud "siren" noise emmit from my ear buds! I thought a hurricane was comming!

Old 07-30-2008, 04:47 AM

i havent had many bugs but the occasional screen not working for like 10 secs, and when i touch the centre of the screen it presses A-B :S.. i went frorm 5.05 to 5.08KR last night and it solved my bluetooth problems (couldnt send/receive files and find phones). dont think there is much else to address with the 5.08 for me.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iff2mastamatt View Post
Same here. I was listening to my P2 outside near my pool and I hear this loud "siren" noise emmit from my ear buds! I thought a hurricane was comming!
once again, ill refer you to what i said:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchulo View Post
this happened to me before this firmware :\ I believe it's not the firmware, it's the poor quality of the song you downloaded, yes, I know, you downloaded it lol
I dont think its a glitch, (sort of sarcasticlly) they're just encouraging you to use better quality media

I think this usually happens if its under 128 kbps in mp3

Old 08-19-2008, 03:10 PM

I had this one bug where you go into your FM radio, and press the play button to mute it and then sometimes if I pressed it again it would show up with the volume bar, as usual, but when that volume bar disappears, The volume bar with a mute symbol at the bottem is there... My version was 5.05 but I changed my ware to 5.08 and KR (was US) and that fixed it.

Back on the forum indefinitely

Old 08-21-2008, 08:05 PM

does any of you have a problem with some MP3, when playing, it randomly pauses and cuts for a second , like and strobe effect in audio, and then continue without touching a button, and randomly happens again. It just happnes in some MP3 not all. The MP3 tracks plays fine in any computer or my D2.

I dont know how to explain it in words lol.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotodefonk View Post
does any of you have a problem with some MP3, when playing, it randomly pauses and cuts for a second , like and strobe effect in audio, and then continue without touching a button, and randomly happens again. It just happnes in some MP3 not all. The MP3 tracks plays fine in any computer or my D2.

i dont understand :\ lol

Old 08-25-2008, 01:39 AM

mmmm picture this: you have a cd that is scratched, so you put in in your cd player, and at some point it starts to loop in a X part of a song, right? so it happen to me but in some MP3, and the loop just ocurrs for a second, and then resume again without touching anything.

My firmware is the 4.13, let me upgrade and then see if it happens again. IF the problem continue I will upload that Mp3 maybe my p2 is damaged.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:48 PM

once i also had a bug where all the songs i had on my p2 didnt work. when i tried playing one it said FILE FORMAT NOT SUPPORTED WHEN ALL WERE MP3 files.

I also had this bug where i was playing my video and a small thin strip of gray static showed up. p2 firmware 5.08 bb

Old 09-09-2008, 11:33 PM

KR 5.08 UMS
Hi i got the p2 about 2 weeks ago and this happened every time after i got it when i listen to music in myDNse mode and put the base setting up, it makes this base sound that elevates and i have to pause and play to make it go away... so i cant put my base up when i listen to music T^T...

Old 09-10-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotodefonk View Post

I have the same problem. I can't figure out when exactly or why it happens. It just "stutters" for about 1-2 seconds and then it plays on normally.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:07 AM

I have upgraded my P2 to version 5.08 EU. I have new themes now. When I choose one of the new themes and I want to play a song, it says:FILE FORMAT NOT SUPPORTED or something. When I change it to the original theme (cosmos) there is no problem and I can play music. I dont now how to solve this (Sorry for my bad english I am from Holland)