android
Old 05-26-2008, 12:32 PM

Help File transfer and playlists

Okay. I've looked and looked on here and finally decided to just ask. I've got two questions that are probably stupid and have been answered a billion times. Sorry if they have been.

1) When I go to transfer files [songs] to the player, it goes thru 3 files and stops. Not stops stops, but kinda freezes. The only way I get it to do anything is ot unplug it and start over. I'm sure thats not great for it. And also...
2) I've made a playlist and I'm to the point where I transfer the playlist to the player. It does, but its not there on the player, in the playlist menu.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-26-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards6416 View Post
Okay. I've looked and looked on here and finally decided to just ask. I've got two questions that are probably stupid and have been answered a billion times. Sorry if they have been.

1) When I go to transfer files [songs] to the player, it goes thru 3 files and stops. Not stops stops, but kinda freezes. The only way I get it to do anything is ot unplug it and start over. I'm sure thats not great for it. And also...
2) I've made a playlist and I'm to the point where I transfer the playlist to the player. It does, but its not there on the player, in the playlist menu.
alrite... are u using samsung media studio or some other software?

Old 05-26-2008, 06:39 PM

sorry, yes. Samsung Media, the software that same with it.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards6416 View Post
sorry, yes. Samsung Media, the software that same with it.

seems like there is a problem with the software

uninstall it
reinstall it but when you are reinstalling and it asks you to install the 3rd party drivers, INSTALL all of them... that is the only way to make SMS (samsung media studio) properly...

other than that i don't wat the problem can be (honestly)... i had some problem transferring videos and then i installed the 3rd party drivers making SMS work like a charm...

plz let us know if the method works... thnx

Old 06-01-2008, 09:40 AM

sorry. no go. i uninstalled & reinstalled the SMS software and it never asked me for 3rd party drivers. would i need to go into control panel>system>hardware>device mngr and update drivers trhu there?

Old 06-02-2008, 07:14 PM

i got the playlists to work [dont ask me how] but they just appeared on there. still dont know how to get more than 3 songs at a time on the player. as of now, i'm adding them one by one and it still only takes a few.

I'm almost sure its a computer problem [not a virus or anything] because i've had this issue with another Creative [crap] player. Maybe a setting somewhere in god-only-knows-where. And yes, along with millions of other people am using limewire. is there a tag somewhere or file change i can do to help this?

Old 06-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Samsung Moderator

Wait, try to add a folder of files (like twenty songs or something) but by adding the folder, not the individual songs. Does that work?

XP sometimes chokes if it has more than three simultaneous file transfers.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:42 PM

when you add a folder to the library, it goes and automatically puts the individual songs in the library w/o the folder "grouping". Therefore I cant add music by the folder-full.

BTW. Sry its taken soooo long for me to reply, if anyone is still looking at this thread.