I've got a sansa e250 and have enjoyed it for a long time with just very little music on it. However, as soon as i started putting more stuff on it, it keeps misreading the tags (probably). Because this machine cant read maps but only tags i always select by artist, but because i usually download songs from different sources the artist names are misspelled in the tags. I've spend quite some time making sure that the name of the artist is in every tag the same.
But for some reason it KEEPS misreading them, so as soon as i open the artist section there are like 4 variations on the Red Hot Chili Peppers, which pisses me off tremendously. I've changed tags via windows itself and also with Winamp, and i made ABSOLUTELY sure all the artist names were spelled EXACTLY the same, but still my mp3-player distinguishes 5 variations on Red Hot Chili Peppers. this is really weird and dont have a clue how to resolve this, plz help!