android
Old 09-15-2008, 02:25 PM

have a look here, this manual works perfectly with the t10, too.

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...highlight=fdwn

important: you already have the tcctool-driver installed, so you have to install the fdwn-driver manually.

System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> LibUSB-Win32-Devices -> TCC7801-usb-mode -> Left Click - Update Driver - Point the assistent to the fwdn directory

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-17-2008, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjjrjj View Post
is thats the case, then all I have to do is the patch_it, but whenever I double click it, it says its not a valid win32 application
this happens when the file is not downloaded properly. i had this problem before, just redownload the file. have a look at the filesize, it's has to be exactly 36 bytes.

you can also do a right-click on the file and choose "edit". if the file's empty, redownload it. the correct file has this content:

Quote:
.\tcctool.exe -d ypp2 *.rom

pause

Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 AM

Thanks! It worked for me

Old 11-12-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphox View Post
this happens when the file is not downloaded properly. i had this problem before, just redownload the file. have a look at the filesize, it's has to be exactly 36 bytes.

you can also do a right-click on the file and choose "edit". if the file's empty, redownload it. the correct file has this content:
Patching a T10.

This is the easiest way to do it, I think
Grab the tcctool-win32.zip and unzip it to a simple folder say in drive C:\ , I just use "la" only because at that time I did not know how to spell LaFleur
tcctool link
http://haxx.rockbox.org/utils/tcctool/tcctool-win32.zip
Or say use msc a folder name if you are using that version.
Use Winzip its far easier to use.
http://www.winzip.com/index.htm
http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
Then get hold of patch_it.bat and copy that to the same folder.
patch_it.bat link
http://uploaded.to/?id=49lxrp
Get the T10 Firmware files from here
http://www.emodio.com/download/DownloadList.action
Unzip the files to the same directory as above and also to the DATA directory of the T10, I had a MTP US firmware, if you are using MSC firmware copy the 2 files to the root/base of the T10, ie, the drive letter of the T10.
This is what it looks like for me using the LaFleur Firmware version
C:\la\tcctool-driver-win32
C:\la\patch_it.bat
C:\la\readme.txt
C:\la\T10V.ROM
C:\la\T10V.RSC
C:\la\tcctool.exe
C:\la\tcctool-windows.txt
Then hold the power button and press the reset button
release the power button when your PC shows "new device/hardware found"
Do not let windows search for the driver, you must select it manually, you should point to this location as in my case C:\la\tcctool-driver-win32
After that is done just double click on patch_it.bat, I then got a dos window and after download finished , I got a paused message and to hit any key.
I think this is a lot easier than using the Run/Cmd thing.

P.S dont forget to backup your T10 files first, before you do the format thing.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:39 PM

NOTE: Please backup your files before using this tutorial. Though the T10 doesn't delete files when changing firmware it's always best to be on the safe side.

Also the package includes the UMS kr firmware so you you don't have to download it. After step 4: If you want another firmware go here choose the other firmware and download it. Put the new firmware files in the "tcctool" directory so you replace the others.

1. Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/16474383...-----.zip.html
2. Download Winrar
3. Right click on the file you just downloaded and select "extract here"
4. There should now be a folder called "tcctool"
5. Just connect the t10 to the computer and copy the T10.ROM and T10.RSC files that are located in the "tcctool folder to the root of the player. E.g F:/T10.ROM
5. Connect the T10 to the computer, hold the power button on the T10 down and press the reset button once(It's on the back use a paperclip to press it. Itmay take several tries)
6. Once it's connected windows will ask you to install a driver. Give windows the location of your "tcctool" folder and make sure to check "include subdirectories"
It will now install.
7. As soon as it's done installing windows should disconnect it. Connect it again like in step 5.
8. One it's connected run the patch_it.bat file in the "tcctool folder and your done!
The T10 should display something like "Upgrading Firmware" after like 20 seconds it will turn off or the buttons will begin blinking. Remove it from the pc and turn it on! It will continue upgrading for a few moments and then it's done!

Hope this was of help.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:28 PM

I think your post is confusing people plus giving Incorect Info and the posibility of Virus infected files.

Like to root of the Player, its different for the MTP and MSC firmwares.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:07 AM

Folks, the information in this thread does allow you to REPLACE your BESTBUY / BEST BUY (BB) firmware on your T10. The hardware is the same no matter where you pruchase it. It can run any of the firmware versions, regardless of where it was purchased or what firmware is currently on it. (From what I can tell after reading the threads.) It appears the steps described in this thread allow you to force the replacement of any "x.yy ZZ" firmware with another (different country code?) version firmware. Probably a higher and / or lower version, although I have not tried lower versions. You may want to use the T10 menu to format the data areas of the T10 after the upgrade - especially if your having eratic problems, and try this forcing type of firmware updating one more time. BACKUP ANY DATA ON YOUR T10 BEFORE PERFORMING ANY OF THE STEPS DESCRIPED HERE. Try to locate a copy of the firmware version that is currently on the device. That way you will have a backup you may be able to restore if your not happy with any different firmware you happen to load.

The process described here is not the same as the normal firmware update process.

I've done this last night using Windows XP Pro. Any version of Windows XP should work well. I've not tried this with Vista 32-bit of any version. Vista 64-bit enforces that all device drivers be digitally signed and the tcctool drivers are not signed, so it will not work on Vista 64-bit.

If your having trouble understanding the instructions, read through all of the posts. Read them again - slowly - if you've already read them. If your still having trouble and you do not consider yourself a 'geek' or 'nerd' then find a 'geek' or 'nerd' (person with significant computer technical skills) to do this for you.

I thank all that participated in this thread. Your participation allowed me to replace my Best Buy firmware and I am happy with the results.

I am not available to answer any questions about this topic. All the information you need is either in this topic thread or any related threads. Trust the people that spent so much time already explaining it to others in this thread.

Best of luck! And happy new year!

Old 01-06-2009, 01:38 AM

im having trouble installin the driver. i had the the power+reset thing and it detected a new device and then directed it to the new driver. i dont if i messed up somewhere but it went back to the old driver and the patch_it didnt work. so i tried again the power+reset thing but this time it didnt work. it didnt find the new device or anything. i restarted the comp and everything and still wouldnt detect new device. i even went and disabled and deleted the driver it had specifically for the yp t10 but still nothing. any help is much appreciated

-jules

Old 01-06-2009, 03:46 PM

imm having the same problem as jules i forgot to add the firmware to the directory where i downloaded the tcc tools ; therefore, it didnt patch anything. so i tried to re-do the steps and windows cannot find the new device after the hold power + reset thing. please help us

Old 05-01-2009, 12:27 PM

thank you very much, i have been trying to find a decent tutorial for this for ages, so ican connect to my PS3 (phew) thank you allama, all credit does to him and thank you to erm... hashtowent for starting this thread and fo supplying all of the firmwares

Old 05-31-2009, 11:42 AM

Hey guyz i need your help !!

I'm stucked to this step : 6)put both firmware files on the player , because i've not acces to my T10 from the computer he don't recognize him like before .. There isn't anything in the "Poste de Travail" how can i do ?Sorry for this english .. i'm french XD

Old 06-01-2009, 01:53 PM

Up =( Anybody have the usb drivers for the t10 because i'm lost with the Telechips firmware , usb-boot .. I can't put file on it because my computer don't recognize it =S Help me please

Old 08-27-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0x00k View Post
Up =( Anybody have the usb drivers for the t10 because i'm lost with the Telechips firmware , usb-boot .. I can't put file on it because my computer don't recognize it =S Help me please
If you are using Windows, in the Explorer COPY the files from your computer folder and PASTE (mouse-right-click ->paste) it to the root of the t10.

it works for me only in the standard Explorer. (not in 2xplorer or Total commandor)

Old 09-29-2012, 03:45 PM

Default T10

hi all,, i just use the method but still same the T10 cannot turn on.. after upgrade bla..bla..bla.. but now he just hiya it's me Sammy n' then blank screen,, my Computer doesn't recognize the player..
any suggestion... its almost 3 month i try to fix this thing..

sorry if my English not good i'm from indonesia..
thx b4

Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 AM

I am trying to update firmware. I am currently on 3.06KV. I want 3.06 EU. The patch_it link is gone. I tried manually but with no success. On the T10 i have a hidden System folder. Do i have to copy the 2 firmware files there? Or on the root folder? Also, i read that in order to install the EU version i have to ("Don't forget to put also a config.dat containing
"YP-T10
EU EU MTP" at the step you put the firmware files at the root otherwise your player is getting US MTP")
Is it any way i can do this using cmd? If yes, then what do i have to type. And another thing, is there any way to have all the GUI on the device at the same time? If no, if i change the GUI, does it change the 3.06 EU firmware that i want? (cause i saw that the GUIs are in firmware files).

Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Samsung Moderator

Why do you want to switch to EU?

Just follow the tutorial but put the T10J.ROM and T10J.RSC files (MTP firmware) as well as this config.dat file at the root directory.

You can't have all GUI on the device at the same time. If I remember well, you just have to upgrade the *.RSC file to change the GUI. That is not the firmware itself, only resources.

Tags
changing firmware, eu to kr, kr to eu, tcctool