android
  #41  
Old 06-04-2008, 10:16 PM
isanggon isanggon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsleep16 View Post
i turn on my sansan the i go to database (the database is not ready then i commit database)now i can see my music by using database then listen to my music then i go to the main menu then press the power button to stop the playing music the turn of my sansa then after 20 min i open my sansa then go to the database then again the database is not ready but it is supposed to be ready because i commit database for the pass 20 min

then i commit database for a several times when i turn off and on my sansa then boom fat error unable to load rockbox
I'll check about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsleep16 View Post
hope you understand my english
No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsleep16 View Post
to all who compiled rockboxed thank you i really apreciate all your work
especially to kugel (i think your build is more stable from the res)
and you thank you also
For now, I think kugel's build and cpchan's build are more stable than this build, too. More patches, more unstable issue. I trying to remove some patch that affect to sansa unstable. Next update will be this weekend.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #42  
Old 06-06-2008, 02:49 AM
isanggon isanggon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsleep16 View Post
i turn on my sansan the i go to database (the database is not ready then i commit database)now i can see my music by using database then listen to my music then i go to the main menu then press the power button to stop the playing music the turn of my sansa then after 20 min i open my sansa then go to the database then again the database is not ready but it is supposed to be ready because i commit database for the pass 20 min

then i commit database for a several times when i turn off and on my sansa then boom fat error unable to load rockbox
Now fixed(080606 ver.). There was a bug on "year album" patch. I removed it temporily.

  #43  
Old 06-06-2008, 11:44 PM
oxolodo oxolodo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 24
Default Few questions

Hi! Nice build, I've switched from cpchan's since he doesn't seem to support a lot is build anymore.
I have a few questions/suggestions:

1. In the patches description, I read " FS#8400 - Option to keep backlight off while changing volume etc.", but in settings under "Wich buttons turn backlight on", all options include the wheel.

2. Is it possible to remove menu items? I think I saw this in chrisjs build

3. Is it possible to rename menu items? I would like to rename the "Music(microsd)" to "Music A-M" and "Music" to "Music N-Z"

4. I think the "music" item in the main menu shouldn't point to the hidden music folder in sansa's main root... Same thing for the playlist default directory. Cpchan had a good idea in his menu build in naming the default music folder to "musica" (Personally, I use "music N-Z") and the default playlist folder to "playlist" to avoid the hidden attribute that the sansa keeps giving at the "music" and "playlists" folders

5. A "Games" menu item would be cool ("\Games" is where i place my gameboy roms)

6. How can I add links to "_shortcuts"?

7. When I open a dict, I'm able to see all the words but if I select one of them, I get "failed to open description file : (path to dict), Plugin returned error"

Thanks!

  #44  
Old 06-07-2008, 01:04 AM
isanggon isanggon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxolodo View Post
1. In the patches description, I read " FS#8400 - Option to keep backlight off while changing volume etc.", but in settings under "Wich buttons turn backlight on", all options include the wheel.
I know that. Latest FS#8400 patch support what you talk. But there are an issue with backlight on. Latest patch cut "all of the wheel button input" to avoid "backlight on with wheel button press". This is so annoying problem. So I changed option to include wheel button. And I think this is more comfortable for me because when I changing volume, I look lcd everytime to see volume level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxolodo View Post
2. Is it possible to remove menu items? I think I saw this in chrisjs build
Possible. But I need to know "user wanting main menu list" first. I don't know user-wanting-menu-list

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxolodo View Post
3. Is it possible to rename menu items? I would like to rename the "Music(microsd)" to "Music A-M" and "Music" to "Music N-Z"
Possible. But this is too personally customized. I recommend you to compile your own build. It's not very difficult.
1. download source code patch
2. combine patch to source build.
3. edit app/lang/english.lang and rename the "Music(microsd)" to "Music A-M" and "Music" to "Music N-Z"
4. compile.
It's all. You can know "how to compile" on www.rockbox.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxolodo View Post
4. I think the "music" item in the main menu shouldn't point to the hidden music folder in sansa's main root... Same thing for the playlist default directory. Cpchan had a good idea in his menu build in naming the default music folder to "musica" (Personally, I use "music N-Z") and the default playlist folder to "playlist" to avoid the hidden attribute that the sansa keeps giving at the "music" and "playlists" folders
I feel more comfortable with current system. Changed folder name cause more scroll in root folder and I think making two folders(being same function) is useless. Same playlist folder can share playlist easily through playlist convertor. I used cpchan's, too. But the first reason to make my own build was this. Just turn on "show files" to "All".

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxolodo View Post
5. A "Games" menu item would be cool ("\Games" is where i place my gameboy roms)
I'll add when add "2" function. The main menu is full, now. I hate scrolling-main-menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxolodo View Post
6. How can I add links to "_shortcuts"?
Just press down button on file or folder. You can see "Add to favorite".

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxolodo View Post
7. When I open a dict, I'm able to see all the words but if I select one of them, I get "failed to open description file : (path to dict), Plugin returned error"
Please check again stardict based data. After uncompress stardict data, *.dz file should be uncompressed again. *.dz file is compressed file.

  #45  
Old 06-07-2008, 09:42 PM
oxolodo oxolodo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 24
Default

Thanks for the quick and complete reply!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isanggon View Post
I recommend you to compile your own build. It's not very difficult.
I won't even try because I know I'll spend way to much time in trying to get everything perfect thanks though

Quote:
Originally Posted by isanggon View Post
I feel more comfortable with current system. Changed folder name cause more scroll in root folder and I think making two folders(being same function) is useless.
You're right, if you choose to show all files : and that's better. I'll use hidden music folder for half of my music and microsd for the other half, but still I think that the "music(microsd)" menu item should point to a "music" folder in the microsd card, not directly to its main root. With this I could add other files (like the other_audio folder in cpchan's build) on the microsd without having them added to a "all music" playlist (If I insert "music" and "music(microsd)" in a playlist). Yeah I know I ask alot

Quote:
Originally Posted by isanggon View Post
Just press down button on file or folder. You can see "Add to favorite".
Quote:
Originally Posted by isanggon View Post
*.dz file is compressed file.
These solved my problems!

  #46  
Old 06-07-2008, 10:13 PM
isanggon isanggon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxolodo View Post
still I think that the "music(microsd)" menu item should point to a "music" folder in the microsd card, not directly to its main root. With this I could add other files (like the other_audio folder in cpchan's build) on the microsd without having them added to a "all music" playlist (If I insert "music" and "music(microsd)" in a playlist). Yeah I know I ask alot
Your idea is better. I'll update this

  #47  
Old 06-08-2008, 06:14 AM
isanggon isanggon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 81
Default

updated.

  #48  
Old 06-08-2008, 10:48 AM
minoplis minoplis is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 34
Default

I tried using your last version (06/06) for a couple of days, but i had a lot of problems regarding the database, resulting with corrupted files in my sansa (this happened a few times), do you know why this happened?

  #49  
Old 06-08-2008, 12:24 PM
isanggon isanggon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoplis View Post
I tried using your last version (06/06) for a couple of days, but i had a lot of problems regarding the database, resulting with corrupted files in my sansa (this happened a few times), do you know why this happened?
I mostly use folder browsing. so I haven't tested database fully.
I think there are a problem when initialize database(on my build). I don't know official build or other build has same problem. This need to be checked. And if you use "load to ram" option, try to turn off it.
If you ever in fat problem(most of data corrupt problem on rockbox), you should fix fat problem to prevent that any more.
To fix fat problem, run chkdsk. If your sansa is in "E:\", run in command prompt "chkdsk e:/f" to fix fat problem. And delete .rockbox folder to re-install rockbox. This build need "clean install", because this build doesn't have compability with other build.

Last edited by isanggon; 06-08-2008 at 01:14 PM.

  #50  
Old 06-08-2008, 08:57 PM
minoplis minoplis is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 34
Default

Yeah, i made a clean install of your build, and i used CHKDSK everytime some problem happened...

One thing i recall is that the "load to ram" option was enabled, maybe that's why these problems happened then... anyway, I'm back to using cpchan's build, but I might try your build again soon

  #51  
Old 06-08-2008, 10:39 PM
oxolodo oxolodo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 24
Default

I updated the build (nice) but my settings came back to default. I was wondering wich files shouldn't be replaced to keep my settings?

And also ---maybe it's just me or my theme : dis-wps-vp--- why the text colour is different for folders, files, and menu item? And where can I change these colors?

  #52  
Old 06-09-2008, 10:53 AM
gabe565's Avatar
gabe565 gabe565 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 168
Default

To change the text color, go to
Settings > Theme Settings > Colours > Foreground Colour and change the RGB sliders

  #53  
Old 06-09-2008, 10:14 PM
oxolodo oxolodo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 24
Default

yeah I can do that but there's multiple colours (white for menu item, grey for folder and purple for files) and that settings only change one colour.

  #54  
Old 06-10-2008, 04:47 AM
isanggon isanggon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoplis View Post
One thing i recall is that the "load to ram" option was enabled, maybe that's why these problems happened then... anyway, I'm back to using cpchan's build, but I might try your build again soon
I'll check which patch caused database problem on this weekend. If I find a solution, I'll fully rebuild on this or next weekend.

  #55  
Old 06-10-2008, 04:51 AM
isanggon isanggon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxolodo View Post
I was wondering wich files shouldn't be replaced to keep my settings?
When you save rockbox settings, *.cfg will saved "/.rockbox" folder. If you want to keep previous settings, keep ".rockbox/*.cfg"files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxolodo View Post
why the text colour is different for folders, files, and menu item? And where can I change these colors?
You can change ".rockbox/theme/*.colour" files to change colors in file browser. If you want to change these colors, just edit that files and run it.

  #56  
Old 06-10-2008, 01:10 PM
captmonkey4777 captmonkey4777 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33
Default

GREAT BUILD!! USB WORKS ON 4GB microSD card!!!

Keep up the great work!!

  #57  
Old 06-10-2008, 08:54 PM
oxolodo oxolodo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 24
Default

WOW! I didn't know usb was working Finally I'll stop spending energy in removing the card from its slot! Is it safe to transfer files with rockbox? Is it as fast as the OF? Does the battery charges?

Quote:
You can change ".rockbox/theme/*.colour" files to change colors in file browser. If you want to change these colors, just edit that files and run it.
Thanks for the tip, I deleted the .colours file (PJ_Ice.coulours) so now all the text is the same colour.

Last edited by oxolodo; 06-10-2008 at 09:28 PM.

  #58  
Old 06-10-2008, 09:42 PM
isanggon isanggon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmonkey4777 View Post
GREAT BUILD!! USB WORKS ON 4GB microSD card!!!
Thanks. But.. I disabled usb function. How did you run it??

  #59  
Old 06-10-2008, 10:57 PM
captmonkey4777 captmonkey4777 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Thanks. But.. I disabled usb function. How did you run it??
I simply tried the "reconnect usb storage" option under the System/Debug menu.

I have been able to transfer a collection of over 250 mp3/ogg files equaling just under 1GB.

I have also tested downloading directly to the microsd card and I downloaded over 1GB of mp3s and avi files.

Success! (At least for me!!) One small problem that I was able to fix was that the idle power off time needs to be increased for long downloads or the player will lock up.

BTW - I have a v1. e250, 4GB microsd card.


Thanks!

  #60  
Old 06-11-2008, 12:37 AM
isanggon isanggon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmonkey4777 View Post
I simply tried the "reconnect usb storage" option under the System/Debug menu.

I have been able to transfer a collection of over 250 mp3/ogg files equaling just under 1GB.

I have also tested downloading directly to the microsd card and I downloaded over 1GB of mp3s and avi files.

Success! (At least for me!!) One small problem that I was able to fix was that the idle power off time needs to be increased for long downloads or the player will lock up.

BTW - I have a v1. e250, 4GB microsd card.


Thanks!
Uhh.. Anyway, rockbox usb transfer function randomly cause fat problem or data corruption on your sansa. I don't recommend using this function. Because this function can cause datacorruption on internal or external memory when write through it. And sometimes transferred data has a little difference to original files. It is no problem to use music files or mpeg files, but it is critical problem on text or rockbox system files.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.