android
Old 05-24-2008, 06:03 PM

Default emergency!!! power switch broken; slides loosely

I dont know why but suddenly the power/hold switch doesnt slide how it should-but completely losely and does not turn the cowon on or lock it. help on maybe a way to fix this? or if there is some sort of warranty on such a problem? thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There is probably a warranty for that, unless you dropped it and that caused it.
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 05-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Even then, without a warranty, send it to Cowon and get it repaired. The only way to use it otherwise causes too much damage to your player - seen someone in the same boat and it ain't pretty!!!

Old 05-25-2008, 12:01 PM

The same thing happend to me, I had lost my receipt by then so I didn't really worry about the warranty. I opened up my my D2 and found that the reason the switch was loose was because it was no longer attached to the part of the player it controls.

I couldn't think of a way to reattach the switch, so what I did was force the little bar that it's supposed to be attached to, to the other side of the switch. Now it works, but I can't put it on hold and once in awhile it'll happen again so I'll have to open the player again and readjust it.

I'd probably try use the warranty or sending it to cowon to get it repaired, it seems like the better solution.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:45 PM

hmm...i don't really want to mess with it but i ordered it from Amazon so I don't think I have warranty...but I could send it to Cowon? Any idea how much the repair would cost?

Last edited by FrododorF; 05-25-2008 at 10:27 PM.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:08 AM

Bottom line it depends how long you have owned it. I would try calling Amazon, its really simple you put your phone number in and they call you back in a few seconds. Just explain it just fell apart. Amazon is usually pretty good about returns.

Also the Cowon warranty is 1 year, also you probably could ask them how much to repair ? It may not be that much.

I purchased my Cowon directly from them just for that reason, being that they are new to me I figured that is somthing happened you would have a better chance with warranty repair. I also purchased the 2 year extended which is 3 years total.

Prior to buying the D2 I wrote Cowon and asked whet the cost of must repairs would be, I was told between $10 and $100.

BTW for the person who had his player apart could you see the battery? Can it be removed easily? Also is the memory just a regulay SD card that you could possibly swap out? Any photos of the innards?

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewindsurfguy View Post
hmm...i don't really want to mess with it but i ordered it from Amazon so I don't think I have warranty...but I could send it to Cowon? Any idea how much the repair would cost?

Old 06-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr View Post
BTW for the person who had his player apart could you see the battery? Can it be removed easily? Also is the memory just a regulay SD card that you could possibly swap out? Any photos of the innards?
John
I have 1 better for ya' - Grahm (Enzo) did a dissembled 1 awhile back. Here's a link to the article : http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...sassembled.php

Old 06-03-2008, 08:41 AM

Send it back and pray for the best....I dread the day I have to do that, OR have any type of communication with Cowon at all! You will get to the head of the line in due time...