android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Sleek

Old 05-24-2008, 09:33 AM

Default can not connecting PC with My Creative

Hello! My name Hai, I have a prolem with my creative,Help me ,Plz.
I can't connect my creative with my PC, not working .
I push cable in my creative.

But it not working .

So , I can't update firmware ( becase i think error with firmware).

Creative still listening, find music form libary, but i can't connect with My PC.
Help me, plz.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What version of WMP do you have installed? Connect the Zen and open Windows Media Player and see if the ZSP is recognized. Also, if you have any Creative software installed, try uninstalling first.

Zen FAQ

Old 05-25-2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
What version of WMP do you have installed? Connect the Zen and open Windows Media Player and see if the ZSP is recognized. Also, if you have any Creative software installed, try uninstalling first.
I used WMP version 10 in CD driver Creative , But it don't working, i don't understand why ?
When push My creative with PC , Occurrence Docked , But i can't connect with PC.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:45 AM

This sometimes happen in Windows 98. You have to download another MTP driver on the internet. Or install a new version of, Windows Media player. From version 10 and up.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:50 AM

That's not windows 98 I think, it's just XP with classic theme.
Have you tried all your USB ports ?

Old 05-25-2008, 05:48 AM

Yes, this is WINDOWS XP with classic theme, All USB port not prolem, it auto detected from CD cretive Driver, about 5 months ago, i can't connect it with PC.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:02 AM

Even if it's XP install windows 10 or higher.it has an MTP thing.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:24 AM

when PC alert need a Driver for plug and play, detect it from CD Driver. what true?

Old 05-25-2008, 07:14 AM

Well if you havea cd delivered with your zen sleek photo player, insert it into cd drive and let windows seek them. If not, search on the creative driver & support website for drivers for your player and save them onto your computer. Then, when windows xp asks for driver CD, you select something like : I want to chose myself, advanced, something like that and browse to your file folder and let xp search in there.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:31 AM

@controllerboy
Thanks, But it still don't work, How to restore all system of my Creative?

Old 05-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The driver is loading fine. It looks like a software issue keeping it from being detected. Try uninstalling all Creative software. Then try Windows Media Player.

Also, have you already installed the PlaysForSure firmware on this player? i believe it is needed to make it a fully compatable MTP player. If not, uninstall all Creative software and download number 2 from this list and try connecting it again.

Zen FAQ

Old 05-25-2008, 02:21 PM

thank for BobbyRS
I think have a prolem on cable , i can used removable Disk on Creative connect PC like a flash disk (USB), I had reinstall all Drivers but i can't connect creative with PC. Sax.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Did you get a chance to try anything related to my post (#11) above?

Zen FAQ

Old 05-26-2008, 12:15 AM

Yes, i has downloaded software your post (#11) and setup it on PC, but don't work.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you uninstalled the Creative Software? Have you tried opening WMP to see if the player is detected? What firmware version is installed??????

Zen FAQ

Old 05-26-2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Have you uninstalled the Creative Software? Have you tried opening WMP to see if the player is detected? What firmware version is installed??????
Yes, I have. uninstalled the Creative Software, then install Driver downloaded, But it not working.
I have tried Opening WMP and I to see it haven't been detected, and firmware on My creative is version 1.10.01, product by Creative Technology Ltd,2005.
this my yahoo messenger : aka_linkz , plz add it in your list and chat with me! thank

Last edited by kid_b0d; 05-26-2008 at 06:06 AM.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

With no Creative software installed, uninstall WMP11 so that it should roll back to a previous version; hopefully WMP10. Then reconnect the ZSP and open WMP10 to see if it is detected.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-06-2008, 10:18 PM

That looks like WMP10 to me, it should be working.

Try disconnecting the zen, uninstalling all the drivers by right clicking, going to properties and clicking uninstall drivers.

Restart the computer, let it load up then try connecting your player. It should detect the player as a MTP device. Leave the computer alone for a minute or two and it should tell you that the driver was installed and the device is functioning properly. Then try reinstalling your firmware.

I don't think you have WMP 11, but if you do have 11 (check in the about tab in WMP) you will need to roll back to WMP 10 to get your zen to connect. To roll back go into the control panel, find windows media player 11, and click uninstall.

Hope this helps!!

Old 06-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
then install Driver downloaded
What are you doing exactly when you are doing this? As long as you have WMP10 installed, WinXP should be MTP compliant enough to recognize and load the MTP driver for the Zen; which it looks like it is doing correctly based from your pictures. You will not need anymore drivers to get it to work.

Double check to make sure you have the correct USB permissions setup in the Registry (This has been known to not allow the MTP device to not be detected correctly in WMP):
  1. Click Start and then Run. Type regedit and then click Ok to open the Registry Editor.
  2. Click on the plus sign (+) next to My Computer to expand it. Continue to expand the following entries: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ENUM
  3. Locate and click the USB category. In the menu bar, click Edit, and then Permissions.
  4. Select "Everyone" on the "Group or user names" section. In the "Permissions for Everyone" section, check the "Allow" box for "Full Control" and "Read". Click on the OK button.
If the Everyone entry is missing from the "Group or user names", click Add and type "Everyone" into the "Enter the object names to select" dialog and click on the "OK" button. In the "Permissions for Everyone" section, check the "Allow" box for "Full Control" and "Read".

Zen FAQ

Old 11-27-2008, 11:49 AM

Default need help

ok i have the same problem here but i notce that i do not have ANY "windows portable devices" area showing up in my device manager. It goes from "universal serial bus controllers" and the next tab is "VSO devices" nothing showing "windows portable devices".
could someone please help me?