android
Old 04-27-2006, 06:05 PM
ABI Founder

Default Samsung Z5 Accessories

Cases
DLO Jam Jacket - Silicon Case $20
DLO Action Jacket - Neoprene Case w/ Armband $30
Noreve - Leather Case
screen protector for from I-Nique The case is $24 USD and the screen protector is $11 USD.

Feel free to add Z5 Specific gear.

Only post accessories here. Any discussion here will be deleted to help keep this thread clean.

Last edited by EnzoTen; 07-16-2006 at 09:11 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-11-2006, 03:56 PM

A must have accessory for your Samsung Z5 MP3 player.

Listen to your favourite tunes, charge your player, and take it on holiday! Not only will this charge your player when it's plugged into the mains, but it also takes 3x AA batteries for when you want to travel with your tunes.

Output : 1W/Ch
Power:5V,1A(AC Adaptor)
KEY : Power On/Off, VOL +/-
3 x AA battery power
Earphone Line In
Z5 Base

59 from http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/...oducts_id=1504 stock in mid August

Old 08-20-2006, 10:04 PM

Red face Nice lanyard for the YP-Z5

A cheap solution for a simple problem: after buying the YP-Z5, I searched and searched for something simple to hang it around my neck. As basic as you can get.

Then I found:

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/221661747.htm

... which is intended for digital cameras, but it was just what I wanted.

I thought I should post this, as others may be in the same predicament. 8 bucks.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:02 PM

Default Free set of Samsung speakers

Currently, as at 24th Aug, Amazon UK are giving away a free set of Samsung SMS-M200 Speakers (~GBP 19.00) with each Z5 Series MP3 Player purchase

USUAL TERMS & CONDITIONS, exc P&P, yada, yada

Old 09-03-2006, 10:54 PM

Default Mains charger available from Samsung

Thought you peeps might want to know, if you didnt already, that there's a mains charger for the Z5. The genuine Samsung part number is:

AH44-00100C for the US mains connector
AH44-00100 for the Aus/NZ mains connector

There are no doubt other countries available, just ask for the mains charger to suit the YH-J70 ( 20 GB HDD model).

Cheers,
AVT

Old 09-06-2006, 01:53 AM

check these docking stations out

!!!

http://www.digiuk.com/productdetail.asp?id=6719
this one's cheaper

with sub..!!!
http://www.digiuk.com/productdetail.asp?id=6720

when are thse coming out???????????????????????????????????

Old 09-10-2006, 04:32 PM

I have seen a lot of covers that really don't look right.

This one from EBAY is really priced right, includes the lanyard, and armband, the holes are correct, the feel is sort of like suede but rubbery, actually sort of sexy.

I got two in black, and just ordered one in clear { newly out } and I'm very happy the price is $13 bucks plus shipping. It comes in SMOKE, CLEAR, BLACK, BLUE and UGH, PINK.

http://stores.ebay.com/Mangowalk-Inc...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

{ in case you are wondering, I'm not shilling for this firm, have no interest at all, I own 3 YP-Z5's / 4M and 1 YP-Z5 2M, everyone in my family now has one, since we can use three MP3 players for one Napster account. }

Old 09-12-2006, 10:09 AM

Default Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro Earphones

If you're serious about your listening enjoyment than you've already come to the conclusion that the stock Z5 headphones pretty much suck (as do all stock headphones IMO) I recently wrote a review on these on CNET:

Pros: Warm full sound. Sweet highs, proper midrange and strong, accurate bass. Easy to place in your ears for proper seal. Comfortable for extended listening sessions. Replaceable cord. 2 year warranty

Cons: A little bulky but you'll never notice once they are in your ears because they are extremely light. A slightly larger case with cord organizer would have been nice.

Full user opinion

I have a pair of Shure E3c's. After reading many reviews of the UE Super.fi 5 Pros I decided to give them a try. My conclusion is simple.....I wish I never wasted my money on the Shure's. They simply are not in the same league as these headphones. The Shure's have a really nice midrange and that's it. Doesn't matter how or what ear tips you use with them they simply can't touch the highs, bass or soundstage capability of the UE's (let alone the volume levels these will achieve as well). How Cnet rates these an 8 and the Shure's an 8 is beyond me......I'd give the Shure's a 6 at best.

The highs are very clean and reach the upper levels of the HZ scale very easily. The mids are perfect and the bass is strong enough that you can feel it while still being well defined.

In short they were well worth the price of admission and to find something better you'll have to spend a lot more. That's about all I can say really....I just don't see somebody being disappointed with these. Every person I've let listen to mine all have one thing in common: They all balk at the idea of spending $170 on a set of earphones. That balking has changed to serious consideration for each of them after they have listend to their fav MP3's through my UE's. "Wow" and "Stunning" are the two common words out of their mouths.

Are there better? Of course....there always is. But considering the price they really do overachieve because they do compare with those $350+ models and because of that I give them a 10/10.

Ultimate Ears Website

Old 09-13-2006, 10:26 AM

my question is, if there is a dockingstation without speakers?

Old 09-15-2006, 10:15 AM

Default belkin accessories

if u havent already heard

belkin announced at the start of this month that they will be making accessories for samsung audio players

if u google for the press release on the belkin site
u'll find that they will be making 2 different cases and a charger for the z5

yup
chek it out

Old 09-18-2006, 02:51 AM

Continuing f337's post, here is the link...

http://www.belkin.com/pressroom/rele...rtnership.html

Old 09-27-2006, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanToday
This one from EBAY is really priced right, includes the lanyard, and armband, the holes are correct, the feel is sort of like suede but rubbery, actually sort of sexy.

Just recieved mine the other day, and I love it. It fit perfectly, and really looks like one of those accessories that belongs on the device.

The arm band is basic but functional, but it is really incidental anyway. I carry it around in my pocket.

If anyone gets it, be careful with the films that go over the screen and the keypad. They have three layers. Make sure you don't peel off two when you peel of the first layer (like I did). It was fixable, but I could have easily thrown away the wrong piece...

Old 10-07-2006, 01:44 PM

Default great ebay store for chargers

Hi All,

After losing my USB cable (long story), I finally found a store that sells various chargers for a decent price. Going direct through Samsung was far too expensive! They wanted $23 for S&H!

Anyways, check it out:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Hitek-...365525QQsofpZ0

Old 10-08-2006, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVtech
Thought you peeps might want to know, if you didnt already, that there's a mains charger for the Z5. The genuine Samsung part number is:

AH44-00100C for the US mains connector
AH44-00100 for the Aus/NZ mains connector

There are no doubt other countries available, just ask for the mains charger to suit the YH-J70 ( 20 GB HDD model).

Cheers,
AVT
How much do they charge for one? I'm thinking of buying a charger soon after my Z5 arrives .... and I wonder which one to get, the Hama-one looks to be a good choice, but if it's possible, I would love to go with an original Samsung one.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanToday
I have seen a lot of covers that really don't look right.

I also picked one of these covers up based off TanToday's review. I will vouch for it as well.....fits great, the clear protective sheets for the screen and touchpad fit perfect. Great deal IMO

Old 10-14-2006, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
Has anyone bought this one yet? I'm waiting for it to ship from the UK to the Netherlands, but it seems it won't

Old 10-16-2006, 06:52 AM

Just bought the silicone case from ebay. (came with free armband and screen protector.) for 11.50. They were the first and best to deliver worldwide

Old 10-19-2006, 03:07 AM

Has anyone bought the Docking-Station YA-DS100? I like to buy it, but 1W seems to be nothing. Please tell us, if the sound-quality of the station is good and if it would be a good deal to buy it for 60 Euro. It seems to be expensive for such a docking-station.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk-W
Has anyone bought the Docking-Station YA-DS100? I like to buy it, but 1W seems to be nothing. Please tell us, if the sound-quality of the station is good and if it would be a good deal to buy it for 60 Euro. It seems to be expensive for such a docking-station.
I'm thinking of buying that docking station as well to be able to listen to my music in the bathroom .... but 60 is really a bit too pricey, although the Z5 is worth every penny.

It's just .... dunno ... not so sure about this.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:58 AM

I just bought a USB sync/charge cable from gomadic.com - they offer different tips that can be used with the same cable to connect different devices. Now u can have just one cable for several devices....