android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon D2/D2+

Old 05-20-2008, 03:30 PM

Default More picutres of the included Jetmall case? Also, question.

Hiya. I was planning on getting a Creative Zen. I love the cheaper price, but there's just so many quips I have to put up with I'm not sure if they're worth 70 bucks. I can go into reasons why I chose the D2 instead (to your surprise, sound quality plays a tiny part.) if you please. But you probably don't please.

I'm going to get it from Jetmall, since it comes with a case. But there's only one picture. Does this case flip open, giving access to the touch screen?
Or is it a "slip it in, slip it out" type of case?

ALSO.
I'd like to know the little annoyances of the D2. And possibly how to fix them.
Though I don't hear alot of complaining about the D2.
But it'd still be nice to know what annoyances I'll run into.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-20-2008, 04:22 PM

The Jetmall case flips open. here are a couple of pics: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...9&postcount=15

Old 05-20-2008, 05:14 PM

Thanks for the pictures. One thing what worried me about the D2 was dropping it and the screen getting scratched or broken.

I'm sure of my purchase now. 20 dollar case, and a 20 dollar AC adapter (because Zen doesn't supply one and they sell for 20 dollars) lowers the price gap.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:29 PM

If you want to try and find problems with the D2, then I might say that the border around the screen could be smaller, better playlist support (fine as is, though it would be nice to save different DPL's) smoother Virtual-Motion control, perpetually updated like on the iTouch-- so you can reverse direction by sliding the other way, and so it begins scrolling as soon as you begin swiping. Same principle goes for the seek control when using the progress bar. Bigger amp? =D

Otherwise, perfect SQ and form factor. As brought up in another thread, the lowest EQ band is only centered on 80hz though, which is a little high. Relatively unimportant with M3B though! =D

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 05-20-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branchedout View Post
One thing what worried me about the D2 was dropping it and the screen getting scratched or broken.
Get this cheap and exceptionally sturdy screen protector: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.214

I've been using one of those for 16 months or so, screen (and protector) are good as new.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:22 PM

I don't have to worry about screen protector. I actually have some!
I bought them for my iRiver H10 2 years ago. Pack of 10. Cut 'em out yourself.