android
Old 05-19-2008, 05:25 PM

Default Ok I just ordered the D2

I have been gong back and forth between the Zen, I7 and D2, so I took a chance on the D2 and just ordered it today from Cowon, they had a deal if you purchased the 8gb model they would include a case.

Also I purchased the 2 year extended warranty for 3 years total and screen saver and necklace.

I just hope it will be the write player for me, also another clincher was there offer of a 30 day return window if I'm not fully satisfied with the item.

I have little use for the video but figure that I might try it once and awhile. I just had Jury Duty today and was thinking that would of been nice to pop on a set of headphones and watch a movie or listen to some music while I was sitting there.

It still is a tough call for me though as I do not know how much I will like a touch screen.

John

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You made a very good choice, man.
It's a very good player!

My Last.fm

Old 05-19-2008, 05:39 PM

Give the touchscreen some time... I hated it the first few days, but that was with an ancient firmware version. New firmwares give you excellent control, and I wouldn't want to go back to a non-touch player.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:31 PM

congratulations man, i just got one a few weeks ago, it is amazing

Last edited by FrododorF; 05-19-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome to the FAMILY OF D2!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 12:55 PM

You know, now that you say it, I just realized that I do indeed prefer the touch screen setup on the D2 over other players. Navigation through menus is great, but it certainly does take a little bit of practice to master (very speedy) navigation through long lists-- once you do though, its faster than most other interfaces.

I hope the d3 has real-time virtual motion scrolling. That would make the d2 perfect, IMHO. And better playlist support. Those are the only two negative points in the whole player. Some may argue video as well, but I think the D2 does video great-- it doesn't take long to convert.

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 05-21-2008, 08:15 AM

Just got my D2 yesterday and it is really cool...love the touch screen and the audio is excellent

Old 05-21-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509ParrotHead View Post
Just got my D2 yesterday and it is really cool...love the touch screen and the audio is excellent
Congrats, how about the phones or iem's?

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 05-21-2008, 09:16 AM

Eh...the phones are OK....a little short for my liking and I don't care for the odd lengths at all. Had those on my Nokia mp3 phone and didn't like them.

I need to learn about changing themes and all that fun stuff too.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:42 PM

D3? Is it soon to be released? Perhaps I will send it right back and wait for that? I spoke with Jetmall prior to purchase and was told that they give you 30 days if you wish to return for any reason as long as the player is in new condion.

I would hate just to get this and have a newer one around the corner.

Thanks all
john

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenodius View Post
You know, now that you say it, I just realized that I do indeed prefer the touch screen setup on the D2 over other players. Navigation through menus is great, but it certainly does take a little bit of practice to master (very speedy) navigation through long lists-- once you do though, its faster than most other interfaces.

I hope the d3 has real-time virtual motion scrolling. That would make the d2 perfect, IMHO. And better playlist support. Those are the only two negative points in the whole player. Some may argue video as well, but I think the D2 does video great-- it doesn't take long to convert.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:52 PM

There is not the tiniest bit of official information about the mythical "D3" available.. don't hold your breath.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:38 PM

The only info on the D3 is enzo's review and a photoshop picture on a chinese blog.

They said they would release some official information during 3rd quarter... which means it may be next year before its released.

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 05-21-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509ParrotHead View Post
Eh...the phones are OK....a little short for my liking and I don't care for the odd lengths at all. Had those on my Nokia mp3 phone and didn't like them.

I need to learn about changing themes and all that fun stuff too.
heh, I meant what phones are you going to replace the included ones with

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 05-21-2008, 06:05 PM

Headphones?
Damn I will use this mostly in my 2006 Goldwing GL1800. The 06> models now have a 80wpc x 4 kick ass stereo in them and I just upgraded the front speakers.

The Goldwing has the same setup as the newer cars with a built in Mp3 plug that is in the glove box.

Now if I can only find some type of a mount for the D2 to mount it on the dash or handlebar it would be a sweet set up as with the touch screen I can use it with my gloves on.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post

Old 05-22-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
LOL....well I have some Skullcandy's coming. I know they aren't the best, but for now I am getting them free from my Coke reward points so I will try them and see how they are first.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Oh man, they sound like a tin can - you really need to check out the forum section on headphones. Here's a link (its here on ABI): http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Old 05-23-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenodius View Post
You can adjust the speediness of scrolling in the Settings.

-- Barbara

Old 05-25-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsnyder View Post
You can adjust the speediness of scrolling in the Settings.

-- Barbara
That's only for the titles/tags you see on screen, not the speed you scroll through lists with virtual motion.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:25 PM

I received my 8GB D2 about 1 week ago.
I fear I will never return to iPods again. This replaces a rockbox'ed 4th gen ipod. I must admit, this is a great piece of hardware and firmware (2.57). Sound quality is excellent on my Sennheiser HD580 headphones.

A few answers I seek:

Transfer rate is slow. Would using a usb card reader for the external card be faster than using the d2 player?

My V-Moda Vibes give a quiet hiss when plugged into the D2. What can I do to remove this?
Would something like this do anything? Any other suggestions?
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cg...N-1&type=store

Old 05-25-2008, 07:40 PM

To get rid of the background hiss you'd need an impedance adapter, a dedicated headphone amp, or other phones with higher impedance.

To speed up transfers you should format your SD card always with this Panasonic app, never format a card with Windows. And yes, you could use an external reader as well.