android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon D2/D2+

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2008, 09:22 PM

Default Prospective D2 Buyer - 3 Questions For The Cognisenti

Nearly ready to take the plunge in part due to great info. here and anythingbutipod. 3 questions for those in the know:
1. I prefer to load files onto an SDHC via card reader then drop the card into the DAP...will this method work seamlessly to integrate the files on SDHC into the player, so I can then navigate and select them without connecting my DAP to the PC everytime I want to change music?
2. While I love ID3 tags as well as the next fella, I have a huge collection of high quality (320 kbps) mp3 music organized int folder hierarchies, such as Rock, jazz, Classical and within each the album folder, then within that the tracks numerically ordered aliong with an info. text file and cover art. Much of this collection isn't tagged. With the D2 can I browse to the album in folder and play by numeric sequence? While doing it, can I read the text file as well and view cover scan jpeg's as well?
I know this sounds like a tall order but I actually enjoy doing it with my Treo 755p's music app., but I doubt the SQ can match the D2 which of course is the most important factor.
3. Last issue is the touchscreen...is it easy to navigate without a stylus (who can use one of those at the gym!) and can you lock the touchscreen so it doesn't inadvertently activate while in your pocket, etc...?
I appreciate being able to put these questions to enlightened end users like all of you. Sincere thanks for any information you can offer.
LW

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]