android
Old 05-14-2008, 05:31 PM

Default Haptic support in next touchscreen samsung player?

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory.com/810
Nuforce NE-4M

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned

Now I'm wondering what else will be on the P3!

Haptic is touch feedback for those that don't know.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:34 PM
ABI Founder

Default Samsung P3 Rumors

Here is some info: http://mp3.generationmp3.com/2008/05...-ecran-haptic/

Supposed to get touch feed back and be similar to what they are making on their mobile phones which samsung calls Croix interface. It is also to be said it will be out by the end of the year. (or at least it will be unveiled at CES, but what wont)

Old 05-14-2008, 08:41 PM

what's touch feedbck?

Old 05-14-2008, 09:10 PM

Good to see that there are plans for a P3. Just hope Samsung will come with a few new good functions for the P2 so i can skip the p3 and buy a P4 eventually.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Banned

Intriguing. I'd read the haptic news article too and saw the P3 mentioned. Time to wait and see.

4D

Old 05-14-2008, 09:49 PM

Wouldn't there be a bit of a backlash from (new) P2 owners, esp. with the recent firmware update releases for the P2?
Granted I'll be happy if they come out with a nicer P2 since I'm still waiting to purchase a 16GB in Australia...

Old 05-14-2008, 10:09 PM

I don't think a P3 will come out. I think it will take more time. If you read the article more carefully, you'll see that they are just thinking a p3 may come out. This is because of all the new players that are coming out and phones.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:49 AM

I wouldnt expect one to come out until least the end of the year.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggleboy711 View Post
what's touch feedbck?
Having the device vibrate when making a selection, confirming a choice or typing, for example.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:26 AM

they just released the 16gb P2...
i dont think the P3 will come out any time soon. no one would by the 16gb P2 then. samsung would be screwing themselves.

My Sansa e200 Themes

Old 05-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Banned

I dunno. Many devices come in two models at two price points. The P3 might be a 32gb model with haptic response as a perk for spending $100 more than a P2 will cost. Just enough different to let both product lines coexist.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:15 AM

Its a cell phone. It came out in Korea already. Pretty much based on samsung p2 touch interface. I like alot cant wait for it to be released over here.

There are 2 models :

Haptic Samsung SCH-W420 - Here

Haptic Samsung SPH-W4200 - Here

Video Review :

1. Here
2. Here

Haptic Samsung SPH-W4200 is the newer model. Enjoy

Old 05-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Banned

Yes, several devices are already out with haptic response. This thread is about the rumor that there is a P3 on the way, and what features it may have. The hints we have so far are from articles mentioning Samsung intends to put haptic response into more of it's products including a YP-P3.

Personally I want single touch menu selection, Voice recording with the option to attach voice notes to pictures. I'd also love a camera on the P3, smoother transitions and menu sliding, and for the P3 to serve as my credit card in those places where you just pass your card over a sensor as opposed to sticking it into a reader.

Listening, Samsung?

Old 05-15-2008, 10:11 AM

P-lease there is almost no chance that there will be a p3 anytime soon.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Banned

P-lease, it doesn't matter how soon. There is a 100% chance Samsung is already working on it's next generation devices. You don't have to believe it. Lack of faith in the prospect is a great reason to not participate in a thread all about it.

I'm beginning to think there should be a test for technology purchasers. If you didn't believe it would ever come to be, you won't be allowed to buy it. JMHO.

I want Samsung to make the P3 essentially an Instinct without the phone monthly fee. Leave in cell based networking though. I'd pay $5 a month if it was accessible everywhere with no limit on use, and was as good or better an experience as internet is on the iPod Touch.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Banned

Here's another hint at what's coming to your handheld device in the future: Samsung and LG are cooperating on a mobile TV standard for the US.

In essence, your P3 or P4 may also be able to let you watch broadcast TV, if you live in the US that is. Other countries are already getting this ability on their P2s.

Anyone interested in being able to catch the local news, soap operas, talk shows or game shows on their pocket media player?

Old 05-15-2008, 08:38 PM

Why wait for a P3 when you can buy a laptop with wireless internet already? The P2's 3" screen seems to be a little small to satisfy me for media such as TV and Wi-fi browsing. I bought the P2, for music and the nifty phonecall feature, buts thats about it. A laptop can perform any program far better than an Ipod or any other portable device. A computer is also way more customizable too.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Banned

Yes, I agree 100% iff. I have a device shrinker in the garage. I'll use it to shrink my laptop down to pocket size so I can carry it with me easily wherever I go. I'll shrink my home theater amp, 7.1 speaker system, and 56" LCD down too.

Then again, a good reason to wait for a P3 is because we have to. You can't buy one at this time.

This thread isn't about what's better than a future P3. It's about hints, rumors, secrets, news, and such that helps one imagine what might be coming down the road from Samsung.

So, heard any rumors lately?

4D

Old 05-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

4DThinker, stop belittling the opinions of other forum members.

You can buy a Windows Mobile, PalmOS, Symbian, or Maemo powered PDA today, each one of them being way more useful and powerful than an MP3 player with some tacked-on features. Why not choose the right tools for a job, instead of wanting a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none?

For audio and video, I use a proper MP3 player, sure. But for anything that requires Bluetooth or Wifi, I use my ancient (but great) Clie TH-55 PDA or Sony Ericsson P910i smartphone - simply because they are made for connectivity, and they handle these task way better than any of these half-baked MP3 players with "connectivity" we got today (P2, Insignia, Sony, Zune, etc).

There have been way better solutions available for years, I don't see the point in discussing some potentially semi-useful features on some non-existent MP3 players - since everything is already available in a more useful form.

And no, they don't sound as good as my Cowon D2 - so there's no way around it, I have to carry two devices with me if I want all these features. The perfect jack-of-all-trades just doesn't exist, and probably never will.

Tags
haptic, p3, rumors, samsung