android
Old 12-31-2008, 02:09 AM

[quote=mickywillis;312710]How did you resolve the problem? I cannot get mine to b erecognized by Windows at all!! "I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM...using WIndows XP, and Media Player 10"
In the Control Panel, under System/Hardware/Device Manager, the Q1 is shown but is suggesting that drivers are not installed. "When I view my device manager, my Q1 is listed as "a big yellow question mark followed by - USB Device"It is not listed under My Computer as a Removeable Drive either? "Mine isn't either" Any ideas??
Windows Media Player 11 Installed, Emo Dio software installed from supplied CD, but tere is no driver software on the included CD either??

Have you had any luck figuring out the problems??? Have you contacted Samsung Directly??

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-31-2008, 02:10 AM

How did you solve the problem??

Old 12-31-2008, 07:20 AM
Samsung Moderator

Up

Old 01-01-2009, 06:06 PM

Talking DVD to svi for YP-Q1

Hi All.

I'm really having problems with emodio when it comes to converting files to svi, so I've been searching alternatives.

Avidemux works for transcoding anything (so far) to svi. Instructions can be found here http://jocohp.hu/?o=user_post&id=58&l=1

I'm also trying to convert all my DVDs to a more portable format, but what to use when trying to go from DVD to svi with no extra steps?

Well, it seems that CloneDVD Mobile works! Choose the "Generic (Divx)" setting, with a resolution width of 320 (the height will default to whatever is appropriate for the video), and click "Go!". When it's done make sure to change the extension to .svi before transferring to the Q1....and it should work (it does for me).

So.....now I'm emodio free

Last edited by dmanley; 01-01-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:02 PM

the reason is that your xp is not fully updated. If you go into windows update, choose custom, then you should see under recommended and optional updates a variety of updates to both media player and .net framework. I updated all those and it solved the problem. update all the way up to media player 11 and its patches as well and also .net 2.0 and its service pack

Old 01-02-2009, 03:22 PM

I spent nearly an hour with samsung support but they solved the problem of driver/not found. They had me roll back to media player 10. In my case I had to remove three things from the "add remove programs" panel. 1) media player 11. 2) Media Player runtime enviro. 3) I forget what this was called. Finally I had to install media player 10. Then windows XP found the Q1 as an MTP device. I also upgraded the firmware to 1.23 which gave me great color icons.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:15 PM

Talking Use Visualhub to make svi files for the YP-Q1

Hi All.

This one's Mac only. Visualhub can convert avi files (and pretty much any other video files) into svi files for the YP-Q1 (and probably the P2).

The trick is to select the avi tab on visualhub, select the simple profile (which will default to 320 pixels wide) and standard quality. I clicked the "advanced" tab and set the bitrate to 400, and left everything else as default.

Click start........and once finished change the extension to svi. The file should work no problem. Of course, if you're still using an MTP Q1 you'll need XNJB to connect to your player.

Have fun

Old 01-03-2009, 04:56 AM

im having the same problem that the p.c dont recognize the device
i even contacted samsung b phone the guy on the other end wasnt helpful he told me to get a new computer and that he couldnt help because my p.c was dell n not samsung
how can you solve the problem

thanks

Last edited by missk; 01-03-2009 at 08:23 AM.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:10 PM

Default Samsung Q1 N00b needing help....

I've mastered the whole thing upside down and backwards...but only one of my computers in my house detects the Q1....why? and what can i do to fix the one two...

The one that works....XP Sp2, USB2.0

Other Two. XP Version 5.1, USB2.0 Controller..
XP Version 5.1 USB2.0

I'm getting the Windows Xp SP2 CD from a friend...

Old 01-04-2009, 08:19 PM

I got the Silver 8 GB...yea same price...and the colour on all of them are the same... Its just ur preferance with the Q1 colours and the light colour that varies...