Old 05-04-2008, 02:18 PM

Default SanDisk is watching

http://www.lilmonsta.com/hisPosse.php

looks like they liked the e200 review here
sorry if old

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Redneck Moderator

Yeah, sansa is one of the only companies that actually listen to what their customers want, I'm not saying they always do it, but sometimes they consider it. Which is alot more than the others do. Now if they'd just use a Mini USB B on their fuze instead of that stupid proprietary plug.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Yeah, sansa is one of the only companies that actually listen to what their customers want, I'm not saying they always do it, but sometimes they consider it. Which is alot more than the others do. Now if they'd just use a Mini USB B on their fuze instead of that stupid proprietary plug.
Dream on...

My Last.fm

Old 05-04-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Now if they'd just use a Mini USB B on their fuze instead of that stupid proprietary plug.
um yeam, you're not getting a mini USB, Sansa's have a lot of accessories now that they're getting popular and its just easier and cheaper for other companies to make accessories for the 30 pin connector since all the I/O is ready that way, so it's not really that stupid

Old 05-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nice View Post
um yeam, you're not getting a mini USB, Sansa's have a lot of accessories now that they're getting popular and its just easier and cheaper for other companies to make accessories for the 30 pin connector since all the I/O is ready that way, so it's not really that stupid
Indeed, a standard usb on the fuse would be dumb. when the e200 was released it took a year before docks and such were out, now that they are im glad they are sticking to the compatability

Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If they are really watching, they would make a nice player with a full sized SD slot, a mini USB connector, a removable battery, and package it with a spare battery and a charger to charge the spare battery outside of the player.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:38 AM

SanDisk, take some cues from Samsung for the style factor.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
If they are really watching, they would make a nice player with a full sized SD slot, a mini USB connector, a removable battery, and package it with a spare battery and a charger to charge the spare battery outside of the player.
Full size SD slot would take too much space, resulting in a larger player.

There's no point in them using mini USB, as:
1. It wouldn't be compatible with the other accessories.
2. If they made accessories that had a mini USB connector, there's a chance someone will try it in another device.

Most (all?) players in the Sansa series already have a removable battery, though it requires a mini screwdriver. Even so, at least it reduces the chance of the battery coming out, and would protect the battery against any falls. Having something hit a metal alloy backplate would certainly be better than hitting a battery.

Spare battery and charger would just add more money to it. Since most people wouldn't be switching batteries often (what are the odds of being away from a computer [I believe they make adapters for cars and electric outlets? I don't pay attention to accessories much] for more than 15 to 20 hours, much less be using the Sansa for 15 to 20 hours nonstop?) it would be better to have a separate "package" (sorry, can't think of proper word) you could buy for those who'd need it.

My 2 cents

Old 05-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Redneck Moderator

Ok ok.. they can keep their proprietary crap, just add a Mini USB B on it also, so I can put my music on it with a NORMAL cord, and charge it that way too. I would have purchased a fuze if it wasn't proprietary, but since it is I wont ever get one.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
Full size SD slot would take too much space, resulting in a larger player.
Are the Cowon D2 and Creative Zen too large? Those have a full sized SD card slot.

Notice that digital cameras which use a Li-ion rechargeable battery use one that is easily removable, and for which spares are available. Having a replaceable battery and spare batteries isn't about being away from the computer for so many hours, but instead to prevent one from being without the use of their player if they forget to charge it.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:39 PM

replaceable battery is definately gonna add to player size, and yes the full size-SD wouldn't be too much for SanDisk for all companies what kind of company would they be if they weren't promoting their most advanced tech

Old 05-08-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Ok ok.. they can keep their proprietary crap, just add a Mini USB B on it also, so I can put my music on it with a NORMAL cord, and charge it that way too. I would have purchased a fuze if it wasn't proprietary, but since it is I wont ever get one.
you can charge and sync with the proprietary cable too

Old 05-12-2008, 12:56 PM

I think that it is really good that a companies like Sandisk is out here and watching what the people think. Other companys keeps isolating from the people, just to keep away from critique.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Banned

Looks like the little Sandisk Clip got a firmware update that demonstrates the company has been looking at what users want. See the front page.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Banned

The little Clip got an update. Someone has been listening.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Redneck Moderator

Now if they'd just listen when I shout; make the clip filefolder.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:01 PM

Sandisk, You should make a Sandisk Connect 2, With better design and access to the internet trough W-Lan.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Banned

Default Listening

Quote:
Right Sansa and Samsug listen 2 wht ppl say....and right a mini usb B would work way better than a proprietary plug......

Old 05-17-2008, 05:44 PM
ABI Founder

i know must people are in favor of a mini usb, but a few people including myself like the proprietary cable since i can use things like docks. What would you say about maybe a "sub pack" like the x5 or the ZVM? this may be a happy medium...

So for all of you for a mini usb would that suffice?

Old 05-17-2008, 08:27 PM

I don't see the point, the only thing the mini USB would bring is PC syncing which the proprietary connection can do fine and if you lose a cable eBay has cables dirt cheap and its not like with a speaker dock that it has to be OEM or made by the best companies