android
Old 04-28-2008, 02:30 AM

Default Just suddenly stopped working

So when the Sansa View stops working, are there any options other than taking it back to the store and hoping for a refund/exchange?

I charged it last night, listened to it for half an hour, turned it off, turned it on today, listened to it for half an hour-full hour, and part way through a song it just cuts off. No sound. No screen. Trying to turn it on again does nothing. Charging it does nothing.

Any suggestions? My player is around two months old and has taken little to no abuse (typical use is for it to sit on my desk while I listen to it). It has had some issues, such as the screen & buttons freezing randomly (potentially happening more often after fast-forwarding and/or deleting songs), which would usually correct itself 10-20 seconds later.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-28-2008, 03:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Have tried holding the Power switch for 10 to 15 seconds? If you have and it did nothing, you might want to leave it over night on your computer. Then try the same thing. If that does not work you might have to RMA since it is about two months old.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:46 PM

"...part way through a song it just cuts off. No sound. No screen. Trying to turn it on again does nothing. Charging it does nothing."

The exact same thing happened to me a few days ago, for the first time. Totally unresponsive and black screen. Battery was fully charged prior to it.

The hard reset solved this problem.

Everyone should know about the hard reset.(Holding the power switch for 15 seconds) It may be the key to solve many problems

Old 05-08-2008, 01:12 AM

Well, it started working again. I can't remember whether I did a hard reset or if little elves came in at night and worked their magic.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:18 PM

Default mp3 not working

thanks for the reset it worked iiiiiiiiiii love uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Old 01-16-2011, 06:32 AM

The reset button healed my broken heart. Thank you so much.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:27 PM

Thumb Up

I registered just to reply and join in thanking JSV, the hard reset saved me too.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:24 PM

Default Thank you!!!!

I was driving in my truck listening to so music and after a song the sansa just shut off. I kept pressing the power button and it wouldnt come on. I knew the battery was pretty full too so it made me worried. Thanks a lot for the 15 sec hard reset suggestion. I held it for 15 sec and nothing
happen. More like 30 sec to be safe. And then when i pressed it a second time it worked. Saved my night. Thanks a lot!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 08:34 AM

The same crazieness happened to me, and my Clip is only 4 days old! I tried holding the Power button for 10 sec., but nothing happened. Then I saw this thread and tried 15 slow sec. and still nothing. But djchavez hit the nail on its head! A simple press of the Power button AFTER pressing the Power button for 15 sec. did the trick! Thanks sooo much!!!By the way, does anyone know why it happens?

Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I had the same issue. Fifeteen second hard reboot did the trick. You saved me from throwing out a perfectly good Sansa player!