android
Old 04-27-2008, 08:09 AM

Default 32 Gb Yp-p2?

I wanted to request to Samsung to release a 32 GB version of the YP-P2. I find 16 GB to be a bit small for my tastes having owned the YH-J70 30GB for 3 years, this is kinda small. What do you guys think of a 32 GB version? if you support it leave a comment so Samsung listens!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Samsung Moderator

I'm waiting for a 32gb P2 too^^
I still don't have found a mp3-player which could stand in for my YH-J70 30gb (3 years ago indeed!!)

Old 04-27-2008, 08:28 AM

I'm still waiting for the 16GB to show up! ... in the US

Old 04-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Banned

Given Apple has 32gb Touches for sale, I think a 16gb model is a step behind for what Samsung should bring to the US. It's a hard retail pricepoint to predict, though. For $499 32GB Touch is more expensive than 99% of all the things I own. The last PC I bought was $499, and it included HDMI output, 2GB system ram, 320GB hard drive storage, a core-2 duo processor, wifi, ATSC TV tuner, Vista Home Premium and 30lbs of steel (the case). Yes, not as portable, but far more computer for the money than the Touch. It also plays far more media types.

I'm thinking Samsung is waiting for memory prices to drop and the US dollar to improve before releasing a bigger flash media player to the US. As such we may have a long wait.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:57 AM

they havent released the 16GB here in australia, but have released the 32GB touch here. but fcuk me, its over $500, definetally not worth it atm.

32GB p2 would be good but i believe there is only ever so much you can do on the p2. the touch has more capabilities having released a SDK for it, so 32gb would be good if you want to store all the stuff they make for it. for me, i dont listen to many songs, probably 2GB of my P2 is music and the rest is TV shows.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:05 AM

i would love to have a p2 32 gig. i'm deciding which i should get, the new creative x-fi (or share w.e they call it now), the p2, or the touch. Anything i get tho has to be at least 32 gigs, and i really love the p2 (i've played with my friends a lot) Cheers Samsung =)

Old 04-27-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booga-Booga View Post
i would love to have a p2 32 gig. i'm deciding which i should get, the new creative x-fi (or share w.e they call it now), the p2, or the touch. Anything i get tho has to be at least 32 gigs, and i really love the p2 (i've played with my friends a lot) Cheers Samsung =)
if you got the p2, and the 4th bluewave came out, you could play the bluetooth games with your mate. if you got the touch, and it was jailbroken, then you can get a million aps on it, if you got the x-fi you would get good sound, however, you would need really good speakers to make the most of the sound card. Logitech Z5500D's anyone?

really, its up to you. depends what you need the most.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Banned

Need doesn't come into play when prices for these things exceed .5k.
This range of device is all about want.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
Need doesn't come into play when prices for these things exceed .5k.
This range of device is all about want.
mp3 players/pmps/etc in general are all about want. thats not really a distinction you can make. we're obviously all here because we have some extra $ to burn on gadgets like the p2. just some have more $ than others.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Banned

I'm not implying that wanting something you can afford is bad.

I do know many who would have more than an iPod Shuffle if they could afford it. I also know many who want one so bad they buy it despite not really being able to afford it. When that happens the want does become the bad thing. When that happens with a true need it just becomes an unfortunate thing.

4D

Old 04-28-2008, 07:22 PM

hey thanks xinzhitan14, i kinda figured something like that was up, i'd really love wi-fi and web browsing but i'd love to use my mp3 as my phone, just very nice and useful IMO. if anything, i'd wait till prices drop dramatically before i do anything so it might be a while.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinzhitan14 View Post
they havent released the 16GB here in australia, but have released the 32GB touch here. but fcuk me, its over $500, definetally not worth it atm.

32GB p2 would be good but i believe there is only ever so much you can do on the p2. the touch has more capabilities having released a SDK for it, so 32gb would be good if you want to store all the stuff they make for it. for me, i dont listen to many songs, probably 2GB of my P2 is music and the rest is TV shows.
Ive been holding out for so long for the 16GB to come out here... and every month that goes by, my music collection gets just a little bigger :S

Old 04-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

They MAKE the friggin' memory - release the 16gb and bring out a 32gb!!! I'd go with the 32 gigger as its supposed to sound on par with my D2!!! It wouldn't hurt to try, would it??? It's startin' to suck in the US (as far as players go were LAST!!!).