android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 09-11-2011, 06:34 PM

Default How do I apply Dolby Headphone settings directly to an audio file?

I while back ( 12-24-2010, 02:21 PM to be precise) hannyjuca posted this:

"I couldn't care less about applying DSPs on the fly, because when I send my files from the PC to the Sansa Clip+ I use a Foobar2000 converter preset that will apply my Dolby Headphone settings directly to the audio file......"

Can anyone (hannyjuca perhaps!!!) explain how this is done, ie how do you send files from a PC to a Sansa Clip+ (or Fuze) using a Foobar2000 converter preset.

I have Foobar2000 v1.1.6 with SendToDevice as a legacy component, together with the Dolby Headphone DSP. The bit I think I am missing is the converter preset that allows the Dolby Headphone surround effect to be applied to the audio file.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

You can apply a DSP under the Processing=>DSPs tab in the Converter dialog. If you all ready have that set as a DSP Chain Preset you load it there and it's applied during the processing. If not you can load it using the Available DSPs box. Once you have it the way you want you save it as a preset.

Of course that works best if you're encoding from a lossless source. If you convert lossy to lossy you lose quality.

I've never used Send To Device. It believe it was outdated by the time I started using foobar2000. When I tried to find it I found that the developer had pulled it saying he didn't want to develop for foobar2000 anymore. I figured there was no since in using an abandoned component so I use the Destination tab in the Converter dialog.

I set the file path to the player's drive letter if I want to do a combined conversion and file transfer. I use a folder/file pattern of
Code:
<drive letter>\%album artist%/%album%/%tracknumber% - %title%
That creates the folder file structure I like to use on my DAPs.

The transfer speed of the USB connection is slower than the conversion on my setup. That difference in speed slows the conversion process so I just wait until it's over and use the File Operations "Move To..." function to transfer the converted files.

Last edited by skip252; 09-11-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:51 AM

Thanks skip252, that was great advice