android
Old 04-25-2008, 03:51 PM

Default How do you tell when it is charged?

This may sound trivial or unimportant to most of you but its a majoy annoyance to me. First off I always charge by way of USB on the puter. It seems as though the screen goes black after a little while. It wont let me turn it back on until I unplug it only to find it isnt fully charged and I have to plug it back in. Is there a way to get it to stay lit or on standby so I can see the screen say fully charged. I dont trust the battery meter, ive seen it look charged only to have it deplete quickly thereafter.

Even if it is charged all the way when I remove it from the puter if I plug it back in it will say charging again for a little bit no matter what. By the time it shows fully charged its black again, argghhh. Someone calm me down and explain my minutia away.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-25-2008, 04:16 PM

Just flick the power-switch to check the screen while it's connected or charging via USB. The blank screen will come alive - if it doesn't, you got a faulty D2.

It's perfectly normal for Li-Ion batteries to charge a bit more after a full battery is disconnected and reconnected. No worries.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:25 PM

Or you can just charge it with the wall charger. I use mine without problems and it's maybe as twice as fast as over USB (altho I didn't have to charge my D2, it has massive battery life).
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 04-25-2008, 04:28 PM

Just in case somebody doesn't know about this: with the wall charger you have to press the menu button to activate the D2 and use its functions.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:24 PM

My D2 is faulty. It doesnt light back up. I thought that when I first got it that is what I did, but it no longer lights back up with a flick or a hold of the power switch. I figured that since I remember doing that originally that maybe I changed a setting somewhere and didnt realise what I did. If that is not the case the D2 is faulty.

It works in every other way though. Should I live with it or do you think this is only a sign of things to come?

Old 04-25-2008, 05:43 PM

What firmware are you running?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
My D2 is faulty. It doesnt light back up. I thought that when I first got it that is what I did, but it no longer lights back up with a flick or a hold of the power switch. I figured that since I remember doing that originally that maybe I changed a setting somewhere and didnt realise what I did. If that is not the case the D2 is faulty.

It works in every other way though. Should I live with it or do you think this is only a sign of things to come?
Same here, it won't light up when I slide the power/hold switch - stays dark until I disconnect.

Edit: I made an error. You have to "flick" the hold switch to have the light turn on and off. Thank ya' JeeBus - works FINE!!!
And also, it says " Battery Full"

Old 04-26-2008, 01:01 AM

Yeah, flicking it doesnt work. Im running 3.54 and plan on 3.55 when I get some free time this weekend.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:55 AM

Same problem with D2+ here... any help?

UPDATE: If you use your player in MTP (USB) Mode, and check the "Properties" of the unit in My Computer, you can see your battery status on the General Tab. At least then you can monitor it while it's plugged into the PC.

Last edited by Darklighter; 05-04-2009 at 03:53 PM.