android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2

Old 04-24-2008, 10:15 PM

Default How can I remove the many scratches? Without internal damage!

Another thread...#2. I was wondering a few more things...how can I remove all the d@mn scratches on the P2 without damaging something internally such as the internal items and touch screen. I heard toothpaste removes scratches from cds, dvds, games, and any other device with screens like cellphones. But the P2's case is wayyy different in one reason. All those other things arent touch screen! Has anyone came up with a nice, cheap solution*? If so, could you please share with me =)!

* - Free is also nice =)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-25-2008, 01:14 AM

If you have a plan or whatever with the place you bought it from,
you can do like I did and just get a new one.
Best scratch remover ever.
Samsung YP-P3 | Dervish

Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 AM

What I wanna know is how to remove scratches from the back of it...

Old 04-27-2008, 07:35 AM

I would recommend trying Applesauce polish kit. Its made to take our scratches on ipods and surfaces made of similar plastic material. I just picked it up last weekend and it worked wonders on my PSP screen (I swear it looks brand new now) and it should work on the P2. If you want to make sure it will work, you can send a email to the manufacture of the polish and they will tell you if it will work or not. The polish kit is $20, but you get a number of uses out of it before it runs out. It does take several applications to see a difference, but believe me, its well worth it.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
I would recommend trying Applesauce polish kit. Its made to take our scratches on ipods and surfaces made of similar plastic material. I just picked it up last weekend and it worked wonders on my PSP screen (I swear it looks brand new now) and it should work on the P2. If you want to make sure it will work, you can send a email to the manufacture of the polish and they will tell you if it will work or not. The polish kit is $20, but you get a number of uses out of it before it runs out. It does take several applications to see a difference, but believe me, its well worth it.
$20 seems reasonable if it really works.

However I read a review and someone said it goes away after a while...

Old 04-27-2008, 09:55 PM

i also need to now how to remove scratches from my p2 cuz i got anoying scratches on my screen.can sum1 help?

Old 04-27-2008, 10:17 PM

Eyeglass scratch remover would probably work.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I heard toothpaste removes scratches from cds, dvds, games, and any other device with screens like cellphones.
just out of curiousity...does this work?

i was stupid enuff to put my p2 in my pocket with a bunch of coins and nows its all scratched up

Old 04-28-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
just out of curiousity...does this work?

i was stupid enuff to put my p2 in my pocket with a bunch of coins and nows its all scratched up
http://nintendodestination.rlk89.com...read.php?t=192

I'll try it with a cd...

EDIT:Just tried it on an old cd-r I had and didn't seem to work...made it look worse in fact lol.
Maybe I let it dry too long(a few seconds over 1 minutes, I'll try again...)

EDIT: I wouldn't use it on your P2, I did a small area on a cd and quickly rubbed hard, but to no avail as it dried out and made smudges, I even got it wet and wiped off, took off no scratches...

Old 04-28-2008, 10:19 PM

P2 and DS touch screen are different, the DS works by using pressure while the P2 uses static, so willl toothpaste or any chemicals harm the P2's screen?

Old 04-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

just tried it myself on an old cd,it doesnt relly work....

mayb it only works on ds?

Old 04-28-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itt View Post
Eyeglass scratch remover would probably work.
Might try on a small, small portion!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLick View Post
Another thread...#2. I was wondering a few more things...how can I remove all the d@mn scratches on the P2 without damaging something internally such as the internal items and touch screen. I heard toothpaste removes scratches from cds, dvds, games, and any other device with screens like cellphones. But the P2's case is wayyy different in one reason. All those other things arent touch screen! Has anyone came up with a nice, cheap solution*? If so, could you please share with me =)!

* - Free is also nice =)
I feel kinda bad for saying this but.... you could try purposely bricking your p2 and returning it.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassassin View Post
I feel kinda bad for saying this but.... you could try purposely bricking your p2 and returning it.
You have been nominated for worst comment ever - awards show 20th may on fox

Old 04-29-2008, 04:03 PM

I saw some youtube videos that showed someone removing scratches and polishing a CD by rubbing a banana on it. I think that might work but i never tried it

Old 04-29-2008, 06:55 PM

can u post a link 2 it

Old 04-30-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icdeadppol View Post
can u post a link 2 it
heres the link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q1f684-HPBk&feature=related

Old 05-11-2008, 12:08 AM

My brand new P2's screen was scratched on the second day from putting it in my pocket! Later a stainless steel 18 inch ruler fell on it and didn't leave a mark. Not a good start but it let's you know that the screen can be scratched by the not-so-obvious.

I'm a little over-protective of my electronic gadgets and I tend to over stress about keeping the screens scratch free. I was freaked about the scratches and searching for a solution brought me to this site.

I don't have many stores local to me so I took a chance and walked around Wal-Mart and found a product designed for polishing clear plastic. Made by Mequiars, 'PlastX' says that is can be used on plastic headlights, boat windows, convertible windows, CD surfaces and hard plexiglass (the stuff our screens are made of).

I testes it on an old insignia MP3 player (no touch screen) and was not impressed with the results. But it did have fantastic results on my P2! I was worried that using it would remove the coating on the screen, but it seems to work as well as new. The scratches were not too awful deep, but were definitely noticeable - more so than typical scratches.

I used some ultra-fine micro fiber towels to polish the screen with moderate pressure. Took about three polishings before the scratches were gone. I'm happy and impressed.

Product: Mequiars 'PlastX'

PS - I have been working on the insignia, starting with peanut butter and then toothpaste followed by the PlastX and I am gradually working the scratches out of that. Also used the PlastX on a touchscreen phone of mine and it removed some light scratches.

Hope this helps someone.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:03 AM

Very useful tip eflyersteve !

I was just about to post a warning about screen polishing.

There are huge varietys of different plastics used for screens and such, and not all polishing products are suited for allround purpose. Some make no difference at all, and some are actually harmful to the screen.

The only real way to find out what polish to use , is to call Samsung support and ask.

But, so you came with a product that works , thanks.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:35 AM

No problem - it was worth the risk because once I have a scratch on my screen, it's like a fly on a TV screen - you just sort of fixate on it and then see it constantly.

I did sort of ramble on in my post so I want to point out a few key things:

1) Use a microfiber cloth. Don't use anything else or you may risk scratches from the cloth itself.

2) Start rubbing gently, wipe clean and check the results. It's better to do several polishings and get it right that to do more damage.

3) The microfiber cloths that I am using leave a lot of micro fibers on the screen. After removing the polishing compound, use a soft cotton cloth to remove the fibers left by the polishing. They look like tiny scratches and I freaked when I first wiped it clean with just the micro fiber cloth.

I hope someone else tries this too to verify my results. Good luck!

Steve

PS - Great site!