android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen View Post
meaning what? engaget knows about an SDK and will be announced on the 27th?

...if so i will eat my words
more likely a link to that crappy googlepages site although i cant see that happening in any relevant way either.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned

the voting page and the information of what we are trying to do, that we want sdk.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:03 PM
ABI Founder

@SKD_FOR_P2 - What kind of shady crap are you trying to pull here??!

The voting page is filled with ads AND when i click on the vote it pops up an ad page for the P2

Screenshots 1 & 2

It appears to me you are pulling the wool over our eyes and are in this for you own profit and not to benefit the community.

What does everyone else think? should i ban this voting page and put a poll here?

Old 04-25-2008, 03:26 PM

I've been reading this thread for a few days now and I'm kind of amazed at the negative stand most of the posts take, I'm not a programmer by any means, and my hacking "skills" involves following exact directions (ie. region & mode changes in my P2). That being said I voted "YES" for SDK development. Now it seems to me that if there are a lot of YES votes someone will take note...business works that way! So, to me, it only makes sense to support SDK development!

One more thing ... when I was about 6 years old I was diagnosed with a type of Muscular Dystrophy that Dr.'s said would kill me by the age of 20. When I was 22 another Dr. told me my first diagnosis was wrong, but my disease would not let me see 30. At 31, I was told 40 would be impossible. I had my 54th Birthday in February!

My point is ... nothing is impossible. If there's a push from someone/somewhere for SDK P2 development it WILL get done.

Keep up the power of positive thought, 4D...I'm on your side!!

Old 04-25-2008, 04:03 PM
ABI Founder

This user has taken advantage of us and installed a spam page at the above address, you can see the screen shots i posted on page three. Please see this thread for an SDK petition Samsung will see. Thanks -enz

Old 04-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen View Post
Sorry you cannot compare Samsung to Apple when it comes to creating a software development environment.
  1. Apple is a software company and is privy to Software Development.
  2. An SDK already exists for the Touch on the iPhone.
  3. Apple has 100 fold of the number of "SDK'able" devices, therefor is working with a much more substantial user base.
  4. You are kind of a rude person- im just trying to inform and state my opinion.
1. Samsung makes devices using software. Who do you suppose writes the software? 0 points.
2. Before Apple released it to the public, they used it themselves to create software for the iPhone and Touch. Samsung uses their own SDK to write software for the P2, and all their other consumer devices. Guess what? It's still before they will (if they ever do) release that SDK to the public. Uncannily similar circumstances! 0 Points.
3. Have you been to Samsung's web site lately? FYI the P2 isn't the only device they make that uses software. So you'll know, anything that uses software (anything with a computer chip in it) has an SDK of some sort for it. 0 Points.
4. You're just trying to inform me that you're smarter than me, and you aren't. Kind of snobish on your part. 0 Points.

Look! We tied! This is a fun game!
Your turn.

4D

Closed Thread