android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-24-2008, 01:15 PM
xinzhitan14's Avatar
xinzhitan14 xinzhitan14 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: +9:30GMT
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
So Leb and xinz, would you like an SDK for the P2 if there was one? Are you interested in seeing new applications for it?

If no, then don't vote. If yes, then vote or don't vote. Everything you've said in this thread adds nothing unknown to it. You are just being bullies.
not being a bully, i am merely showing you guys the most probable outcome.

it would be incredibly unrealisitc for samsung to release a SDK, but we can all dream. yes it would be great to write our own programs for the p2, but the chances of them releasing an SDK is like winning thte lottery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
So you're a pessimist. Next time just add, gracefully, that you're in favor of the idea and have voted YES, but aren't optimistic about ever seeing an SDK. By insisting to everyone else that it won't happen, then arguing and nagging the point, you're dragging everyone else down into your pit of depression. Not fun. Not worth it. Not a good way to make friends and influence people.

Consider this a valuable life lesson.
i dont want to give anyone false hope buddy. everyone here has their hopes for the SDK which may and most probably will never arrive at our door step.
__________________
Samsung YP-P2 w. Shure E2C Black
iriver Clix 2GB w. Creative EP630BK
Samsung YP-D1/T8Z w. JVC HA-FX55W

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #22  
Old 04-24-2008, 01:25 PM
4DThinker 4DThinker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 567
Default

And why do you think we need to know the probable outcome? It's a very obvious thing. In fact it's the current status. Boring! The point of TRYING to get Samsung to create then release an SDK is to change that outcome. Bullying is insisting that your point is right, then belittling others who remain unwavering. Please stop it.

4D

  #23  
Old 04-24-2008, 05:02 PM
SDK_FOR_P2 SDK_FOR_P2 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8
Default

I agree with 4DThinker at least we can do is try

  #24  
Old 04-24-2008, 05:03 PM
SDK_FOR_P2 SDK_FOR_P2 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8
Default

nearly 200 votes nicee

  #25  
Old 04-24-2008, 05:11 PM
johnboy's Avatar
johnboy johnboy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 387
Default

ohh c'mon guyz.... just chill!!
y can't we just co-operate wid ppl... itz not hard..

  #26  
Old 04-24-2008, 06:31 PM
kameko kameko is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 156
Default

wow 200. i'm sure samsung is impressed. the fact that you also put it on some freebie crap site like googlepages takes the request to even further heights. even the grammar on the page is 3rd rate.

  #27  
Old 04-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Itt's Avatar
Itt Itt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
And why do you think we need to know the probable outcome? It's a very obvious thing. In fact it's the current status. Boring! The point of TRYING to get Samsung to create then release an SDK is to change that outcome. Bullying is insisting that your point is right, then belittling others who remain unwavering. Please stop it.

4D
Which is exactly what you are doing in your post.

Nobody else is allowed to state their opinion but you?

  #28  
Old 04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
4DThinker 4DThinker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itt View Post
Which is exactly what you are doing in your post.

Nobody else is allowed to state their opinion but you?
IMO, A P2 SDK is a great idea and I support a poll to try and convince Samsung to make one. Several people here believe a poll is a waste of time, and that Samsung will never release an SDK no matter what we do.

Once those opinion are out there, fine. You can freely state you think the poll is a waste of time. But to continue to belittle others who disagree with your stated opinion is bullying, not opinion.

It's not my opinion that it is bullying. It is behavior consistent with the definition. Many people using these forums get into this bullying pattern without realizing it. I see it, and as an educator know that it helps sometimes to just tell a user how their posts are perceived and why. I'm guilty of it sometimes myself.

Posts # 3, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 21, 22, 23 are opinions, freely stated and not challenged.
Posts # 16, 17, and 26 are bullying. 26 is an attempt at sarcasm at least. The rest are commentary or information.

I'm delighted to hear your opinion. Are you in favor of or against bullying?

More to the point, are you going to vote for the SDK? If so, thanks!

4D

  #29  
Old 04-24-2008, 08:25 PM
kameko kameko is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 156
Default

actually i think my post is relevant in many ways and should count a little more than a remark of sarcasm

just to add some clarification to what i'd hoped to have been obvious:

first of all its an extremely low traffic site hosted on what is todays equivalent of a tripod or geoshitties service. pay the few dollars to get a domain/cheap hosting service or something to show that you're at least a LITTLE serious about it.

secondly, there are at least 3-4 spelling errors and grammar mistakes in the ONE main sentence on that site.

thirdly, don't bother posting the amount of votes yet until you have at LEAST over a few thousand (even more so but i'm being generous). this is like the equivalent of web counters back in the day. having a site with only 200 'visitors' is embarassing.

how can anyone expect samsung to take it into any sort of consideration at all? presentation is important. this is why well-organized, well-maintained sites like ABI get samsungs attention, while sites like yjzone does not.

  #30  
Old 04-24-2008, 08:31 PM
JLick JLick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 37
Default

DUH - total votes: 211

  #31  
Old 04-24-2008, 08:47 PM
4DThinker 4DThinker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 567
Default

Thanks for that clarification, kameko. All valid points.

I don't think it matters where the data comes from, or how well it is done. Samsung should be getting the message that they have a GREAT product, and that the P2 owners see more potential in it than what they've limited it to. They'll get that message from this site, the poll, and every other forum that mentions the P2. They'll get it from email their users send them. They'll get it from the literate and the illiterate. It may actually only take someone mentioning SDK to them to get them to consider making one. They are releasing a UCI editor after all. That's a little bit daring don't you think? An SDK is only a little bit more challenging, and since they have already made programs for the P2 it means they already have one they could release to us.

IMO any forward motion toward Samsung knowing we want an SDK and us getting an SDK from them is worth the energy invested.

4D

  #32  
Old 04-24-2008, 08:48 PM
4DThinker 4DThinker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 567
Default

Did you vote, JLick?

  #33  
Old 04-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Assassassin's Avatar
Assassassin Assassassin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: That one place...
Posts: 368
Default

Well we all know who to hit up and try and to get this posted everywhere right?
__________________
ALPHA KENNY BODY

  #34  
Old 04-24-2008, 09:18 PM
JLick JLick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
Did you vote, JLick?
Yep. I was the 211th vote...as shown =)

  #35  
Old 04-25-2008, 03:31 AM
EnzoTen's Avatar
EnzoTen EnzoTen is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: US
Posts: 2,384
Default

Another reason why the SDK will never happen is it opens up a whole new set of support concerns.

For one they would have to support a developer network, something that is not in Samsung's competencies. To support a dev network requires resources Samsung does not have nor wants to spend the money on. Creating an SDK is not as simple as releasing documents and software resources... and as someone said above there are also IP concerns with code pertaining to the SOC. It also may not be able to be opened up for developers without exposing code Samsung does not wan tin the public domain. In addition to this expense Samsung will be bombarded with phone calls to their tech support with consumer who have bricked their player from an SDK which they should not be using to begin.

What i am trying to show is that releasing and SDK is not cheap and with profit margins thin with the MP3 player market, it would be foolish for Samsung to release and SDK.

I am familiar with the industry and do speak with many of the product teams and higher ups at a lot of these manufactures (although not Samsung)... lebellium has stated that he speaks with Samsung and is under NDA for some information.

Its not about being pessimistic or optimistic- its about being logical and realistic. Like said above, signatures will not mend the fact that it most likely does not make financial sense for Samsung, even if there is a few thousand upset customers because there is a lack of SDK.

It will not happen.

Sorry, i dont mean to be the bringer of bad news, but i have a feel for what goes on behind the scenes at many of these companies. Just voicing what i know...
__________________
abi>> News | Reviews |Videos | FaceBook >> Zune Card | Twitter

  #36  
Old 04-25-2008, 06:52 AM
4DThinker 4DThinker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 567
Default

Your "news" is not news, and is not new. Enzo. You've just written the perfect pessimist's point of view. Welcome to the club. Replace in your post every mention of Samsung with Apple and your argument is just as valid. Low and behold Apple has released an SDK for the iPhone and iPod Touch. From every pessimist's point of view it was not logical or realistic but there is it.

Do you want there to be an SDK for the P2, Enzo? That's all this poll, this thread, is asking. It matters not one bit if you ever think it will happen. If you do, please add your irrelivent vote to the poll. Thanks!

4D

  #37  
Old 04-25-2008, 08:13 AM
kameko kameko is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
Your "news" is not news, and is not new. Enzo. You've just written the perfect pessimist's point of view. Welcome to the club. Replace in your post every mention of Samsung with Apple and your argument is just as valid. Low and behold Apple has released an SDK for the iPhone and iPod Touch. From every pessimist's point of view it was not logical or realistic but there is it.

Do you want there to be an SDK for the P2, Enzo? That's all this poll, this thread, is asking. It matters not one bit if you ever think it will happen. If you do, please add your irrelivent vote to the poll. Thanks!

4D
of course it was logical and realistic for APPLE because user-made apps were becoming the norm. apple HAD to do something about it.

meanwhile, not a single thing has come out of users for the p2. therefore there is absolutely 0 pressure on samsung to ever come out with an sdk.

lol @ 245 visits.

  #38  
Old 04-25-2008, 09:42 AM
EnzoTen's Avatar
EnzoTen EnzoTen is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: US
Posts: 2,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
Your "news" is not news, and is not new. Enzo. You've just written the perfect pessimist's point of view. Welcome to the club. Replace in your post every mention of Samsung with Apple and your argument is just as valid. Low and behold Apple has released an SDK for the iPhone and iPod Touch. From every pessimist's point of view it was not logical or realistic but there is it.

Do you want there to be an SDK for the P2, Enzo? That's all this poll, this thread, is asking. It matters not one bit if you ever think it will happen. If you do, please add your irrelivent vote to the poll. Thanks!
Sorry you cannot compare Samsung to Apple when it comes to creating a software development environment.
  1. Apple is a software company and is privy to Software Development.
  2. An SDK already exists for the Touch on the iPhone.
  3. Apple has 100 fold of the number of "SDK'able" devices, therefor is working with a much more substantial user base.
  4. You are kind of a rude person- im just trying to inform and state my opinion.

@sdk - i deleted your post only because it broke the boarders, you are welcome to post stats again resized to fit.Also, why are there ads on your poll page? Don't you think it carries less weight if it looks like you are trying to profit from this poll?
__________________
abi>> News | Reviews |Videos | FaceBook >> Zune Card | Twitter

  #39  
Old 04-25-2008, 12:46 PM
SDK_FOR_P2 SDK_FOR_P2 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8
Cool good news

good news guys i just got contacted by engadget.com the email i sent them be on the lookout on the www.engadget.com page on the 27 April so keep on voting

  #40  
Old 04-25-2008, 01:16 PM
EnzoTen's Avatar
EnzoTen EnzoTen is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: US
Posts: 2,384
Default

meaning what? engaget knows about an SDK and will be announced on the 27th?

...if so i will eat my words
__________________
abi>> News | Reviews |Videos | FaceBook >> Zune Card | Twitter

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.