android
Old 04-23-2008, 08:47 AM

Default Where do you get your p2?

Hi all,
I'm kind of interested in getting a p2, i'm living in Australia atm, so was wondering if there are any good international online sellers for the p2? if so , could anyone recommend one?
thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-23-2008, 01:24 PM

try amazon maybe? don't know.

not to hijack your thread or anything, but I've got a question of my own (don't feel like opening a new thread).
Anyways, since I managed to wreck my brand new T10 (it's like 3.5 weeks old) I set my eyes upon P2. I was wondering whether it is a good buy or not. Is it worth the money they ask for it?

Old 04-23-2008, 01:56 PM

Try here -> http://www.google.com/products?q=Sam...earch+Products

Old 04-23-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnorino View Post

not to hijack your thread or anything, but I've got a question of my own (don't feel like opening a new thread).
Anyways, since I managed to wreck my brand new T10 (it's like 3.5 weeks old) I set my eyes upon P2. I was wondering whether it is a good buy or not. Is it worth the money they ask for it?
the p2 is a decent player but honestly i would say for how much it costs, the p2 is not a good deal.

i guess the p2 is touted for its sound quality (personally i can't tell the difference on test sites like mp3ornot.com) but its other features are rather subpar. everything from its crappy calendar, to crappy calculator, to crappy txt file only reader and the 3 crappy games are just bleh. even its music/podcast organization is terrible. the video is very nice although it uses an idiotic proprietary .svi format (which is basically an avi but renamed).

but if you're top priority really is sound quality then sure the p2 is fine. but keep in mind that you're basically paying a lot for JUST the sound quality. the rest of the features are definitely not worth the money.

the 16 gig p2 is around 330 canadian, while the 16 gig ipod touch is around 350 canadian. for 20 more dollars i would definitely rather go the ipod touch route (waaay more features, accessories, user-made apps, etc etc etc)

i use my mp3 player at least 8 hours a day / 5 days a week. i definitely need more than just music to listen to. unfortunately the p2 doesn't offer much past that.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnorino View Post

This is the P2 VS. Ipod Touch thread
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...061#post240061
And I bought my P2 at Best Buy - 8gb 200$ Canadian (on sale)

Old 04-24-2008, 06:16 PM

Future Shop Canada $200. I think it is a great value for what you get, but then there are some apple lovers who just can't handle the idea of a non-iPod PMP, and constantly complain about everything. I am quite satisfied, and frankly all those screen effects just makes the iTouch look pretty - not useful. The P2 has great sound and video quality (if done right), and the other things such as bluetooth calling, games calculator and dictionary are just extras. PMP -Portable Media/Music Player. That's all a PMP has to do. Buy a small laptop if you want so much more.