android
Old 09-30-2008, 02:37 PM

Unhappy Album Art Will Be The End of Me!!

Hello, I have been a long time reader of the site. I come to you today with a problem, my sansa will not show the album art when a song is playing. I have tried many diffrent ideas seen on this site and other sites.

My Sansa:
-e260
-4gb
-version V03.01.16A

I have tried Mp3tag and windows media player.

If you have the same sansa please share how you put it on and please be detailed.

Please help me before break it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The e200 doesn't handle album art larger than a specific size... I'm not sure if it's 48 or 64kB JPEGs.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:09 PM

v2s unfortunately(which you have) only support folder art or embedded wma files. they will not currently display embedded art in mp3 files.

i went crazy on this one too.

Mike

Old 10-01-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyVet View Post
v2s unfortunately(which you have) only support folder art or embedded wma files. they will not currently display embedded art in mp3 files.

i went crazy on this one too.

Mike

So only wma files can have album art embedded?

p.s. - also thank you for trying to help, you too dfkt

Old 10-01-2008, 10:18 PM
ABI Invaluable

Not a big deal, just use albumart.jpg in the album folders until they upgrade the firmware. My guess it's a matter of time, as all the other sansa's support embedded AA on mp3 files.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-02-2008, 12:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue29067 View Post
Hello, I have been a long time reader of the site. I come to you today with a problem, my sansa will not show the album art when a song is playing. I have tried many diffrent ideas seen on this site and other sites.

My Sansa:
-e260
-4gb
-version V03.01.16A

I have tried Mp3tag and windows media player.

If you have the same sansa please share how you put it on and please be detailed.

Please help me before break it.
E260's pretty old, I don't know about a firmware update. If you could get it to work it would be smaller than a postage stamp so what difference would it really make. There are plenty of players out that display album art larger than a dime it may be coming to the point where you need to update to a newer player if album art is important to you

Old 10-03-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no9 View Post
E260's pretty old, I don't know about a firmware update. If you could get it to work it would be smaller than a postage stamp so what difference would it really make. There are plenty of players out that display album art larger than a dime it may be coming to the point where you need to update to a newer player if album art is important to you
The e260v2 player that the OP has has only been out approx. 1 year. Prior to that there were version 1 units. I wouldn't call that pretty old!

True, SanDisk seems to be giving higher priority via more f/w updates and support to their newer models (Fuze & Clip), but these devices have had some fairly serious bugs & issues with their original f/w release that required some 'quick-steppin' to get fixed.

I presume that it's a priority issue. The e200 series v2 had a serious flaw when it first came out too. There was no USB Mode in the SETTINGS menu so you couldn't switch to MSC mode. They fixed this with a f/w update. But even so, people even today are still getting units with this flawed firmware and we have to guide newbies through the process of forcing MSC mode to manually update the f/w.

While the current firmware operation in both the v1's & v2's are by no means perfect, the remaining bugs are virtually nil. Yes, it would be nice to have some new and/or updated features, but the fact remains they work fine w/o them.

SanDisk is just concentrating it's resources on the most serious problems first.

And as far as the 'postage stamp' view of the album art, would do you expect from a player with only a 1.8" screen?

Old 10-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sorry I guess I should have just said buy a View if album art is very important to you. I spent 4 hrs the other night with an e280 and was very surprised by how small the album art was. I have a Cowon i7 with a 1.3" screen and I can tell what the album is because it uses the entire screen like this

not this

I'm not saying it's junk (I've had 2 e280) and I was unaware of the rerelease of an almost identical player but if the art is important there are plenty that you can see it on.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

on my e280 v2 i press the center button twice and it displays album art in full screen

Old 10-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Now that would be sweet

Old 10-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

i just tried it on my e260 v1 and it works on it also

Old 10-16-2008, 07:27 PM

If you want to see small album art, try the Fuze! Even though it has a larger (overall) screen, the displayed album art is smaller than that of the e200 series. It will also display the art in the listing alongside the album name. Now THAT'S miniscule!

Tags
album, art, e260, mp3tag