Old 05-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Editor

Default Feature Request

• Full UMS support with album art from imbedded tag
    • Take away the restrictions and you would have an amzing player
  • Bigger Capacities.
    • Add 4GB and 6GB and hell, even 8GB to the lineup
  • Save Playlist As and or Save Queue As

Last edited by EnzoTen; 07-02-2006 at 11:47 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-30-2006, 06:58 AM

make it thinner and i'm purchasing one. =)
also make larger ranges (as you said above hehe)

Old 05-31-2006, 12:40 AM

Default No 8 GB flash yet, but...

I sure can't argue with any of the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen
  • Full UMS support with album art from imbedded tag
    • Take away the restrictions and you would have an amzing player
  • Bigger Capacities.
    • Add 4GB and 6GB and hell, even 8GB to the lineup.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Buddy

Hey folks:

Just a quick note to let you know I've started a thread on the MTP vs. UMS great debate in the "Software & Media / Software" forum. Love to see your comments/questions if you have any.

Cheers,

Dave (Microsoft)

Old 06-15-2006, 08:01 PM

Post memory card slot

Add a memory expansion slot for something like microSD. 1GB is the max microsd right now.I could not find any projected future capacities of microsd cards but I would guess that it would be ever increasing.

If space is needed to add memory expansion, drop the FM tuner.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Buddy

Default Drop the FM tuner?

You know, it's funny how many people buy DAP's with an FM radio in it but never use it. FM radios are certainly popular with the gym folk and that's about it.

Reminds me of when I used to work in Microsoft's Printing & Imaging division. Companies who make multi-function printers (print/fax/scan) would never dare take out the fax functionality even though their research showed that almost nobody used it. The reason was that the average consumer expected fax functionality - despite never planning to use it - and a device which didn't include fax was somehow perceived to be "incomplete".

I'm suspecting a similar situation is developing in the DAP space. I personally never use my FM radio functionality - but still probably would not buy a device without it.

Old 07-02-2006, 12:58 AM

Hi guys, this is my first post!...

Does anybody know if Iriver are planning to release a 4gb or 6gb version of the Iriver Clix?..
I want to buy this one but 2gb is rather small considering it also has video playback..

Old 07-20-2006, 10:34 AM

Default Feature requests

I've been using the Clix for a couple of weeks. The most difficult (but only slightly frustrating) part was choking down the Windows Media Player. I have experienced no problems dragging and dropping files into Clix folders but to get playlists, WPM is required it seems. I create playlists with MusicIP Mixer and it takes some dancing to get them onto the Clix, but once I figured that out, I've be been very happy with the hardware side of things.

Here are my suggestions for the interface which I am assuming can be addressed with firmware:

One reason I bought this player was its large screen which accomodates my less-than-perfect eyesight. The most used screen (for me anyway) is the Now Playing view. Unfortunately, the screen space is not used very efficiently. It seems to be a bit more decorative than functional. When on this screen, I am most interested in the track title, the artist, and the play time, (in that order). I don't need the time of day, the battery status, the album art, the album title, the next track, or the x out of x information on that screen. I want to have it, just not there.

So my main suggestion for the Now Playing screen is for the text (especially the track title) to be much larger, and for the album art and the scrolling of the title to be optional. Actually, the best option would be for this screen to be user-configurable from the PC.

I exercise with the Clix in my pocket. The most used function in that situation is Skip to Next Track. In order to use Skip the player has to remain unlocked and that leads to all sorts of merry mix-ups. I propose two solutions to this:

1. A mode in which any click is a Skip - I know this is probably a selfish request.
2. As the volume controls work when locked, perhaps the Smart Key could function also and Skip could be added to the Smart Key options, so tracks could be changed while the player is locked.

Even without these changes, the Clix is a great product. Every device (indeed everything in life) has quirks and this has fewer than most. Thanks to everyone involved in its development.

Yours,
Downtime

P.S. Do these suggestions make it to the firmware writers?