android
Old 04-05-2008, 08:11 AM

Default Video/Image Organisation on the P2

There is one issue that I am finding with the P2, and that is the way in which I can organise my files.

For instance, I have episodes of videos which are in seasons. So for instance I'd usually have, in videos:

Sopranos > Season 3 > etc.

But when I select video, it shows all my videos in the one list.

I also have videos that I dont want on the list at all, for example I have videos for my media studies class that appear in the main list, even though the P2 cant play them, I think the device automatically puts the videos into the list because theyre .wmv's

Same thing with images, Id like to put them in folders and others not on the list at all.

I have the device on EU UMS 3.15 firmware I'm pretty sure.

Theres probably some very simple solution ive just missed and cant see, is there some sort of solution to this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Banned

You can make folders on the P2 while it's plugged into your PC. Make the folders then move your files into the appropriate folder.

I know this works for photos. The folder will appear at the top of the photos array. Tapping on it opens it up for a new photo array of the contents. Hitting the back button will move you up one folder level.

The same should work for videos, although I haven't tried it.
EDIT: I just tried. You can create folders, but in videos the movies still all appear in one list. I can see how frustrating that must be.

4D

Old 04-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Banned

How about creating another root level folder, say "Temp", and moving the video files you don't want in your video player list into that folder? Perhaps the P2 won't "see" them if they aren't within the videos folder.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:55 AM

I tried putting them in a totally different folder in the root, however they just show up on the main list like the others. Strangely, I can make a folder in SMS, save it in SMS in that folder, but they still show up in the main directory.

Thanks for the response though.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:42 AM

You can make folders for the P2 in the videos folder and organize it and when you want to play them, just go to file browser

Old 04-05-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplowee View Post
You can make folders for the P2 in the videos folder and organize it and when you want to play them, just go to file browser
That’s a pretty inelegant/archaic solution and I‘m pretty sure that having the subfolder appear in the VIDEO section is what they’re looking for.

Maybe there’ll be video ID tagging sometime in the future, as certain other DAP manufacturers offer this.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplowee View Post
I know I could do that, I'd just like to avoid that solution. Thanks anyway.

Also, would changing my device to MTP from UMS possibly make a difference?

Old 04-05-2008, 08:51 PM

It probably will not, because that will only change how the player communicates with the computer, not how it communicates with itself.