android
Old 07-06-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBob View Post
I would like to have a leather case with a flip-front and a solid belt clip (preferably metal) on the back, just like the Griffin case on my E280. Does anybody sell something like that yet?
I found this today while surfing around:

http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/d=...=5055205228341

It's like what you asked, but it's sold in England, and will cost $30 for the case, and $10 to ship (assuming 1 = US$2)

Last edited by FelisLachesis; 08-17-2008 at 08:25 PM. Reason: See post 33

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-09-2008, 08:46 PM

I just found this case on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/i-nique-Execut...9022210&sr=1-1

$28

Late Edit: I should point out that the case in this post, and the case in my above post are the exact same case by the exact same company. They're just sold on different sides of the Atlantic.

Last edited by FelisLachesis; 08-17-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: See post 33

Old 07-14-2008, 10:06 AM

Default Crystal Cases on ebay...

Crystal Cases on ebay

still have the crappy belt clip system though. If I end up with the Fuze, I'd buy the crystal case and put a krusell multidapt on the back with one of their spring clips. I'd like to see the black rubberized hard cases without the screen being covered so I could use a normal screen protector that's easily changeable without having to buy a new case.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:35 PM

on second thought. having just took the plunge for the 8gig and an 8gig card, I think I'm going with the case from the 3 in 1 kit. It looks like a nicer fit than the e200 one that I didn't like. I also have a leather covered belt clip from an old case that I'll unstitch the belt loop on the Fuze case and sew on the belt clip.

FYI: Overstock has the 3 in 1 kit for $22 shipped. It's the cheapest I've seen it.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:48 PM

i picked up this from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Clear-Smoke-...713.m153.l1262

Fits really well and comes with a armband and belt clip and screen cover. The screen cover is as big as the size of the face of the Fuze so you have to cut it yourself.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:47 AM

FYI: Crystal cases for FUZE available. Can be combined with a beltclip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 176_0.jpg (94.1 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg 176_0_1.jpg (62.5 KB, 62 views)

Old 07-16-2008, 08:04 PM

I linked to them a few posts up actually. The only downside to them are the belt clips stink. If you run with it, it will unscrew over time and send your Fuze flying. You need a little loctite or crazy glue to keep it secure. Or a rubber band through the clip and around the player. I gave up on them. That circular disc area up top prevents you from throwing on a multidapt which would allow you to use a variety of clip accessories.

The other problem with them is if you don't get clear. You then get blue, pink, green colored tint added to your screen. Never understood that with crystal cases in general. Why would you want your screen tinted a different color? I'd rather leave that area open and throw on a screen protector.

Last edited by dbpaddler; 07-16-2008 at 08:22 PM.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
I linked to them a few posts up actually. The only downside to them are the belt clips stink. If you run with it, it will unscrew over time and send your Fuze flying. You need a little loctite or crazy glue to keep it secure. Or a rubber band through the clip and around the player. I gave up on them. That circular disc area up top prevents you from throwing on a multidapt which would allow you to use a variety of clip accessories.

The other problem with them is if you don't get clear. You then get blue, pink, green colored tint added to your screen. Never understood that with crystal cases in general. Why would you want your screen tinted a different color? I'd rather leave that area open and throw on a screen protector.
I think I've found a workable solution for my Fuze. I did purchase a clear case for mine which looks pretty good, but then I put it in one of those horizontal cellphone cases?. Fits nice (w/case)..and has openings for the headphone jack. Loops/hooks onto your belt tightly so not concerned about it falling off. Works for me.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 07-16-2008, 09:38 PM

sounds like a good belt and suspenders solution, but doesn't that at least double the overall bulk of the rather slim fuze? That's probably almost the size of my Rio Carbon by then.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:49 AM

I just bought my Fuze (8Gb) yesterday at BestBuy. I originally wanted the 4 Gb because I didn't care for the light silver color of the 8, but when I saw that the 8 GB player was actually a dark gray, I got it.

I wanted to get a case for it, but their selection was not so good. So I bought a hard molded mini camera case like THIS one. It has room for the earphones and cable as well, and protects it all during travel. So far I'm loving the player!

also...found a nice selection of silicone skins for the Fuze at DayDeal.

Last edited by Fallstar; 07-20-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:42 AM

Recently I got a clear case from DayDeal.com (Ebay). I like the case but find it difficult to insert/remove the microSD card now?. Anyone else having this problem?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:47 AM

I've been looking at some of the soft cases on ebay and most of them look like shite. Some of them don't even look like they fit! I did however, look at the daydeal shop on ebay. It seems ok, but there aren't any pictures to show. Can anyone confirm if they've had experiences?

Old 08-17-2008, 08:20 PM

Proporta also has a pretty good looking Alu-leather case available.

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05...193&t_mode=des

It's $34.95 with $4.95 shipping to the US. They are based out of Britain, so it's a little cheaper to ship to Europe than it is to the US, even so, $5 isn't bad to ship.

This is a little grey area, but if you can find a promotion code, you should be able to get 10% off your oder.

Edit: also edited my posts up top, it looks like that the products switched.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:11 PM

i bought one of those silicone skins from a buy.com retailer and it's 'iffy'
no screen protector with it, so the device is protected but my screen is taking a beating

so i'm about to order one of these hard plastic cases i spotted here:

http://store.bargaincell.com/Transpa...source=froogle

it's $5.99 + $3 shipping

anyone here have one of these yet?

Old 09-09-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emagon4523 View Post
i bought one of those silicone skins from a buy.com retailer and it's 'iffy'
no screen protector with it, so the device is protected but my screen is taking a beating

so i'm about to order one of these hard plastic cases i spotted here:

http://store.bargaincell.com/Transpa...source=froogle

it's $5.99 + $3 shipping

anyone here have one of these yet?
Yeah I do...the exact same one as the bargaincell. Keeps your Fuze protected but there are tradeoffs. The plastic is so thick that I need to use tweezers to get the microSD card out of the slot and the opening to the bottom of the Fuze and the charger aren't quite aligned..when you plug in the charger into the Fuze with the case on it, it doesn't quite fit properly on the left side. I fixed this by getting sand paper and sanding down the left side of the opening until the connection fit properly.

On the plus side my Fuze looks as good as the day I bought it. Not 1 mark on it. Your choice....

Last edited by sansaguy; 09-09-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:01 PM

Default 3-1 Travel Case

I am looking for a case much like the three in one Travel case at BEstbuy but i need a sturdy belt clip and it looked to me when i examined the packaging that the belt loop is velcro or something! Any further explaination!

Old 10-11-2008, 10:25 PM

yep. the belt loop is velcro. that and friction keep it in place. I actually just had the loop inside my running shorts and the velcro stuck to the liner fairly well. Was running with it without a problem. But I'm going to rip the threads and take off the loop and put on a leather covered metal clip from a generic phone case.

And why do you guys keep taking the card out anyway? Do you have multiple cards you switch out? I just have an 8gb card in there and haven't touched it since. Will throw the 8gb one in my phone when the 16gb one comes out.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:10 AM

Default Cell Phone Clip mod for 3 in 1?

That sounds like the best way to go man! I use my Fuze all day at work in the warehouse and i can already tell the velcro belt loop is wearing out and it has only been a few weeks!

If you get the cell phone belt clip to work for you please let me know how you did it so that i can do the same! I am not much of a needle and thread guy, so any description of the process would be great!

Thanks!
Peace!

Old 12-05-2008, 01:05 PM

Silicon skin: I read reviews on amazon that state unless you keep long fingernails, its "near impossible" to the player turn on or off.

For those who have silicon skin, do you have problems with accessing the on/off switch with a silicon skin? Is there a hole for the switch, or do you have to switch it on/off through the silicon? I am looking for overall protection and am thinking about ordering a silicon skin...

Old 12-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothx View Post
Silicon skin: I read reviews on amazon that state unless you keep long fingernails, its "near impossible" to the player turn on or off.

For those who have silicon skin, do you have problems with accessing the on/off switch with a silicon skin? Is there a hole for the switch, or do you have to switch it on/off through the silicon? I am looking for overall protection and am thinking about ordering a silicon skin...
There is a holefor the on/off switch, sync cable ,earphone jack, microphone, card slot, scrollwheel, and screen. The "home" button is covered, but still works fine. Power switch, you don't really need huge nails, it's not bad. Paired with a screen protector, though, your Fuze should be protected well. Doesn't hurt to take the skin off from time to time, and wipe it out though. The skin is soft enough to cushion things a little bit if you were to drop your Fuze.

Tags
accessories, cases, fuze, sansa