android
Old 04-04-2008, 12:13 AM

Default Help: No Vocals while playing

Hi Guys,

I must have messed up a setting or something as I can't hear the vocals while playing my music, all i can hear are the instruments ans hissing noise. I tried hard reset, reformats, different headphones to no avail. The only thing that seems to be working is the radio.

Can anybody out there help me fix this problem...

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-04-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbart View Post
Hi Guys,

I must have messed up a setting or something as I can't hear the vocals while playing my music, all i can hear are the instruments ans hissing noise. I tried hard reset, reformats, different headphones to no avail. The only thing that seems to be working is the radio.

Can anybody out there help me fix this problem...

Thanks.
well there is no setting whihc allows you to play only the instruments... what firmware do you ahve.. did you change it..
were you successful?

a quick alternative should be to reinstall the 3rd bluewave (beta) or just reinstall the firmware you presently have...

EDIT -- TRY WHAT 4DTHINKER SAID...

Old 04-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Banned

Have you been playing with the equalizer? Vocals fall into a particular range. It wouldn't be hard to turn down that range, leave the other ranges up, and lose vocals. Go into the equalizer settings and reset it to default, or at least bring all the levels back to the middle. The hiss you hear may be the high range turned all the way up. leveling the equalizer may fix both problems.

If that doesn't do it, your earbuds may have a short. Try a different pair.

Hope that helps.
4D

Old 04-04-2008, 10:14 PM

It sounds like a short somewhere. Maybe a defective unit, too... Remember that FM radio doesn't use the same signal processing as music files.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
Have you been playing with the equalizer? Vocals fall into a particular range. It wouldn't be hard to turn down that range, leave the other ranges up, and lose vocals. Go into the equalizer settings and reset it to default, or at least bring all the levels back to the middle. The hiss you hear may be the high range turned all the way up. leveling the equalizer may fix both problems.

If that doesn't do it, your earbuds may have a short. Try a different pair.

Hope that helps.
4D

Your right... i've been playing with the equalizer. However, I already restored it to the default EQ settings.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Banned

There is also an eq setting within the settings menu. The other is accessed from the now playing screen. The settings one may have priority.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
There is also an eq setting within the settings menu. The other is accessed from the now playing screen. The settings one may have priority.
Yup, i tried to reset both eq settings. Also upgraded to it the new firmware and back to the old firmware.

I initially thought that the earphone jack is broken... but its not as the radio is still working fine.

Also, is there another way to to do a hard reset apart from the reset button at the back?

Update: Btw, I can hear the vocals (with a lot of echoing) now if I change the dfe settings to concert hall.

Thanks...

Last edited by superbart; 04-07-2008 at 12:03 AM. Reason: update

Old 04-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Samsung Moderator

It's not reproducing that entire range of frequency. It sounds like a short to me. I'd call Samsung for replacement.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:17 PM

I already called samsung (Canada) and they told me that they would review my case and check if i can get a replacement unit.

Thanks for the help...

Old 04-15-2008, 05:53 PM

Default Update

Update: My warranty was denied simply for the fact that I cannot produce my receipt. I already argued that the unit itself was fairly new with manufacturing date of 11/07 to no avail.