android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2

Old 04-06-2008, 01:52 PM

I talked to a BestBuy manager and he said that their database was able to look out 30 days, and he said their was no sign of the 16GB.

But that doesn't mean anything...

Best Buy's Geek Squad also tried to send me to home depot to get thermal paste (Heatsink compound)

I guess all we can do is wait.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-06-2008, 04:11 PM

Actually, I work at FS, and I know, for a fact, that the 4GB P2 was removed from our system, and that everything else is being cleared out as fast as possible. That's the reason of all those "$199 for an 8GB P2" sales. If your FS store still has them, you're lucky.

EDIT: BB apparently still might stock them, might not. FS currently isn't.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:32 PM

You've got to be kidding me... I bought a P2 and one side was coming up so i decided wth better return it now b4 it gets worse and they had none in stock so i got a raincheck... its been almost 2 weeks now and i haven't gotten a call back whether they have any in stock, so i guess its pretty believable.

Just sad because i miss my darn P2

Old 04-07-2008, 09:53 PM

Why on earth has FS decided to not sell the P2?

Old 04-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Banned

Each store, no matter what kind of store, gets to decide what to sell. Chain stores usually have to go along with the corporate buying plan, and private stores get to decide privately. Why a chain would stop selling a product includes:

-They weren't making much money on it, and want the shelf space to try a different product.
-The manufacturer is discontinuing them, sometimes to introduce a newer better model.
-Apple or Sony or some company "bought" the shelf space to kick out competition and guarantee that their products will get display priority. Conditions may have included "stop selling Samsung P2s, as they are direct competitors with our product".
-Corporations that sell their own branded products (BestBuy/Insignia) realize that bluetooth Samsung models steal sales of their bluetooth Insignia models.
-Your guess is as good as mine.

4D

Old 04-07-2008, 11:32 PM

also if there are too many returns, then the stores stop selling them... maybe a lot of ppl bought P2 and then got the ipod touch or something..

Old 04-08-2008, 03:38 PM

the bestbuy near me (ontario) have been having losts of MP3 sales, like every other week a P2 is on sale so you'd save like 60-70$