android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2

Old 04-01-2008, 11:23 PM

Unhappy Futureshop + Bestbuy might not stock P2 anymore

Wow... what a let down. I went to a future shop and asked them if they have any P2's in stock. The salesman looked everywhere but couldn't find them. I then asked him if he could check if any other stores have them, he did. He came back saying none are available. I asked him for a shipping date, he said there are none in the transit. He also said that the product might be discontinued since it was $200 for 8G model last week. It was sold at that price to get rid of the remaining. Samsung is not sending shipment over. I live in calgary, checked in edmonton and they all ran out.

Anyone know when samsung will send more shipment?

BTW bestbuy and futureshop is like owned by the same company or something so if futureshop doesn't have any then i doubt best buy will.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-01-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznflame View Post
Wow... what a let down. I went to a future shop and asked them if they have any P2's in stock. The salesman looked everywhere but couldn't find them. I then asked him if he could check if any other stores have them, he did. He came back saying none are available. I asked him for a shipping date, he said there are none in the transit. He also said that the product might be discontinued since it was $200 for 8G model last week. It was sold at that price to get rid of the remaining. Samsung is not sending shipment over. I live in calgary, checked in edmonton and they all ran out.

BTW bestbuy and futureshop is like owned by the same company or something so if futureshop doesn't have any then i doubt best buy will.

sometimes stores don't have it ... i had to order mine online from future shop's site.... it was like $4 shipping... it was worth it 'coz they ran out of stock...

Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
I think you're right. When I went to get my replacement P2 at Best Buy,
the girl couldn't find any and was like, "Do you want a Zune 30 Gig instead?
They're the same price..." I could've forced my broken P2 down her throat
for saying something like that.
Luckily, my friend came out and found one for me.
Samsung YP-P3 | Dervish

Old 04-02-2008, 01:37 AM

lmfao, tell her to give u a touch, and then sell it and go online and buy a p2 again.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:38 AM

Quote:

hey man.. here is the link for future shop...http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...0092896&catid=

it says that they are out of stock [as the store guy said] but if you order it, then you will get one in 2 weeks {around that}.... i had 2 order mine since they were out of stock and the price of P2 was $199.99.... rite now its not on sale.. you can spend $270 and buy it rite now or wait for the sale to come again... i'm sure that best buy and future shop are not giving up on P2... 'coz you know they sell pretty fast when they go down to $200...
ppl love it... you can read the customer review if you click on the link...

Old 04-02-2008, 08:13 AM

They seems to be still available in Montreal at both stores but FS drop the 4G version a while ago. BB now have the 16G version. I am sure that you notice that you can find all the stores stock around your town on their website.

I wouldn't trusted a floor salesman to know the faith of any product at those large retail stores. If they are so popular, they are certainly interested in selling them. Mind you that the other brands are taking a hit compared with the P2 features/price value.

I read somewhere that Samsung had a hard time keeping up with worldwide demand. They have been so popular, even more in Korea itself.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLuSionS View Post
lmfao, tell her to give u a touch, and then sell it and go online and buy a p2 again.

Haha nice strategy

Old 04-03-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:

dun worry futureshop and bestbuy wont stop selling p2s and i remember reading in a pamphlet a week back i think for a p2 thats 199.99 (on sale i think) and theyre advertising the 16 GB version so its all gud =)

Old 04-03-2008, 07:58 PM

I dont think futrueshop will stop seling the P2, i think it is the best selling mp3 player there other than the ipoo

Old 04-05-2008, 02:52 AM

that sounds crazy. not selling p2 anymore? did they have a fight w/ samsung? thats weird, i thought a lot of p2 were sold in US. or maybe apple didn't want competition so they were doing "under-the-table"?

EDIT: Oh wait, i remember bestbuy canada are starting to get 16gb p2's so im guessing bestbuy us is getting ready to do same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLuSionS View Post
its a disgrace having a touch for even couple hours.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:04 AM

whew lucky me bought it 2 months ago ^^

Old 04-05-2008, 06:53 PM

I bought my 8GB P2 March 26th when it was on sale for $199. I had to check two stores and finally found it at the third but they are still carrying them. At least Im positive Best Buy is. I saw it in their weekly flyer last night. Also, they were advertising the 16GB last week. Maybe there was a misunderstanding in your situation.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:48 PM

I got mine from QVC's website....they offer the 4gb and 8gb...I have the 8gb and love it...The Best Buy's here only offer the 4gb and the 8's are online only.....

Old 04-05-2008, 09:39 PM

dang, how come canada gets this player for so cheap?
Nuforce NE-4M

Old 04-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Banned

Exchange rates, no doubt. Anyone know how to get BestBuy.ca to ship to the USA?

Old 04-05-2008, 10:32 PM

Just get used to it. Canadians has been paying more than you Americans for years!

Old 04-05-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qboi View Post
dang, how come canada gets this player for so cheap?
canada gets this player for cheap?

i rather have everything be cheaper and US have this player cheap. seriously, even with exchange rates right now, its unjustified!!

Old 04-05-2008, 11:47 PM

Apparently the P2, at least for the time being, is not being stocked at any BB or FS location. if there's any remaining stock, it will be sold out. Noone knows why. It may be re-released when 16GB is released (fully).

The 4GB SKU has been fully removed from the system, and the 8GB will be soon.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aremith View Post
Apparently the P2, at least for the time being, is not being stocked at any BB or FS location. if there's any remaining stock, it will be sold out. Noone knows why. It may be re-released when 16GB is released (fully).

The 4GB SKU has been fully removed from the system, and the 8GB will be soon.
I think you meant for the US. There is plenty here 4-8GB (Quebec) at those stores and they are on special. 16GB has been available for a while at BB.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:26 PM

At this point, it doesn't look like the U.S. will receive the 16 GB YP-P2. We didn't get the 8 GB YP-10 or the 8 GB YP-T9. If it were coming, you think there would some reference on Samsung's or some retailer's website by now. If Best Buy (US) were going to carry it, you'd think weeks after it hit Canada's shelves it would at least be in thier database.