android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2008, 11:53 AM

Arrow Right Any place to get Sansa audio quality comparisons? (rant)...

Here is my rant..been trying to find info on different chips and their sound specs/quality between the different Sansa models...

The thing is..the e200r I have now (V1) has great sound..mainly because it has a wider frequency response. So if you use higher-end headphones you'll get fantastic sound. Compared to the iPod, which has a very small frequency range, this is great news. Thats why for great quality I stick with Sansa.

New chips come out, new Sansa models, but i never see any real testing of sound quality in reviews aside from brief anecdotal comments. Or even a list of the specs of the sound quality.

Typically most reviews spend paragraphs on menus, but when it comes to sound quality, usually its a sentence or two: "sound quality is very good..I have xxxx headphones and its nice and loud". I mean sound quality has to be one of the most important and ever changing features with new models, so I wish there was more of a actual discussion on this.

Sandisk does not help much..as most of the time frequency specs are not listed anywhere. I have the e200 and want to spend to upgrade to a newer player..but again...not much info to really find out which of the new ones have better sounding audio processors. What I am looking for is examples like this ipod spec:

Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz

Any links or suggestions? Even a chart that merely shows the different audio specs for the different Sansa players?

Thanks! (I'll calm down now...)

Frank

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]