android
Old 03-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Banned

Default More Icons??

I think that samsung should add more icons, I mean they keep piling everyting under prime pack.Most of my friends think the p2 doesen't have enough features and more icons would look good.For example, we can choose a menu where there are more icons and if they don't all fit on the home screen, we can turn the page to go to the 2nd home screen where the other icons are.

The idea came to me because of itouch unforunately.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-29-2008, 09:07 PM

It has plenty of features...

More Icons and a second page would just make it look cluttered and disorganized. I think its good the way it already is.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Banned

Sure but another option wouldn't hurt.I like thing technical, its just how I am but I know that many people like it simplistic and thats fine as well.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace_1-4lyfe View Post
Sure but another option wouldn't hurt.I like thing technical, its just how I am but I know that many people like it simplistic and thats fine as well.
Then the p2 isnt for you. its simple, tahts why it doesnt have a lot of buttons and stuff. and its easier to access important buttons. (volume, play / pause, hold.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:38 PM

I agree...too many icons would look crap.

Like when people have their PC Desktop covered with icons for ever program/app they installed...it looks stupid!

Keep it simple!!

Old 03-30-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_hemian1954 View Post
I agree...too many icons would look crap.

Like when people have their PC Desktop covered with icons for ever program/app they installed...it looks stupid!

Keep it simple!!
AKA... the KISS rule.

Keep It Simple Stupid.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Banned

wonder which one looks better?

Old 03-30-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:

put a better wallpaper on the p2. swap it to another mode.
OR
put a shit background on the itouch, something like grey.

we'll see if its more vibrant... its the background that makes the itouch stand out more here, its not the icons.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Banned

put the same background on the p2 and then c

same results

but then again, i thot u liked things simple..............

Old 03-30-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
put the same background on the p2 and then c

same results

but then again, i thot u liked things simple..............
then what are u talking about. seriously, take a moment in your life, and think.

you are putting out your opinion on something, we are putting out our opinion on something. Who is more correct? nobody. AKA, tahts why its called an opinion.

If you are strapped on cash, and you like itouch, sell your p2, dont sit on ur a$$, go get a job and make some money so u can get an itouch. You can then enjoy your life with more icons.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:06 PM

"ooooooo I have an ipud/touch/fone/junk! hmmmm, I think I want to hear a song...ooops, wrong icon...nope, not that one either. hmmmmm....oh, there it is! yesssssss. hmmm, sound is...geez, yuck! I should have got that P2 like Craig has...it did have good sound! and it was a lot easier to find the right icon!"

What you just read was an internal dialogue from the mind of an unsatisfied "iwhut" owner after hearing a friend's P2.

Go ahead...ask one, they'll tell ya!!

Old 03-30-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:

Heh. I like the P2 better. The iPod's screen just looks freaking cluttered.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Banned

I have both devices. The Touch obviously can now (soon) buy new applications, and also put icons on the home screen that are direct links to web pages. What is done there is that you can create second and third and fourth, etc., home pages, and slide left and right to access them. You can keep as many or few on each page. You can decide how cluttered or clean you want it. You can move/rearrange icons to any position on any page.

Should the P2 get more applications the same ability would be nice. I'd like to add an icon on the home page to directly select a game, for example. Just a thought.

4D

Old 03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Banned

UNLESS you are blind, I can assure you that you ll not touch the wrong icon.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
UNLESS you are blind, I can assure you that you ll not touch the wrong icon.
okay jace i agree with you that the touch does look better but seriously think about it man... according to me it looks better because the icons have actual pictures in them, its more colourful, appealing and has a bright backgroudn... the P2 has the icons but they are an outline... they are not as colourful.. i mean the screen in my skin looks soo much better because it doesn't block my background.... the only way i think we can compare it is by putting pictures instead of the music symbol in p2 and same for the other stuff....
ipod touch is better because you can jailbreak it... no one wants to jail break p2, so it doesn't have as many features...

Old 03-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

Lol its true, ure the onli one who made sense.The p2's icons are infact dull.So its the icons presentation that makes the pmp more catching to the eye.Maybe they'll make it better in 3rd bv.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:48 PM

Only if their was a big fan base for the P2 like the Touch, then we could probably have customizable icons. Oh well, I would also like to see customizable icons, but not a lot like the picture shown.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:28 AM

I like dull icons.
Icons shouldn't be cluttered, they should be simple, elegant and not in the way. If you notice, all the iPhones/Touches are square, meaning they look good from afar as tapestry, but when it comes to deciphering the icons, since everything is square, the squares are unneeded. Not to mention that if an icon have to many details it takes longer to decipher.

Now, if you take a look at how the different icons looks, you'll notice the video-icon is part of the square, so to speak, the clock has no need to be square. The mobilecast looks like a browser-icon, meaning you'd have to read at the bottom, there's no need for safari to be square (it adds absolutely nothing to deciphering, on the contrary, it makes it look like all the other icons) and on and on.

The P2's icons are much more user friendly. Yes, they might be dull, but no two look the same.
I prefer intuitive icons as opposed to cluttered eye candy. You grow tired of eye candy pretty fast.

I guess some of the people here like flashing led's and whatnots on their stereos and cell phones as well ;-)

Old 03-31-2008, 01:00 AM
Banned

Sometimes simplicity needs to be there like the macbook air or the sony fz240e( the one I own) and it looks good as well but (for me) in terms of lcd displays, especially on phones and gadgets, I preffer the screen to be flashy, glossy and stunning.Look at the p2 for example, its so simple from the outside, soo pleasing to the eye and it couldn't have been made better but if the icons or some schemes were more complicated, it would be more of an adventure to learn and use all the features.
I don't expect you to understand because its my own opinion.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Sometimes simplicity needs to be there like the macbook air or the sony fz240e( the one I own) and it looks good as well but (for me) in terms of lcd displays, especially on phones and gadgets, I preffer the screen to be flashy, glossy and stunning.Look at the p2 for example, its so simple from the outside, soo pleasing to the eye and it couldn't have been made better but if the icons or some schemes were more complicated, it would be more of an adventure to learn and use all the features.
I don't expect you to understand because its my own opinion.
No, I understand perfectly. You want "glossy" (crap in direct light), you want eye candy in that you want "flashy" (i.e. "gimmicks"), yet you state that the P2 is "pleasing to the eye" yet you want it to be an adventure to "learn and use all the features" (read: "I need it to be cluttered and have features that are not easily found and used because that way it will be greater").

I know you're just giving an opinion, but really, you're asking to have a cumbersome UI all because you'd then have to spend more time getting to terms with it and spend more time using it. In essense, everything a UI shouldn't do. Everything clean industrial design and people working with UI are trying to simplify, you're thinking the opposite will be great. I guess you don't care about contents, and how a UI shouldn't get in the way of it. A good UI is transparent and intuitive.

Btw, if you really want to play with a cumbersome UI for a music player, you should try using a Sound Devices 722 (or 744 as it were) or even a Sonosax MiniR82 as one. Then you'll be all set for hours of mucking around in order to get to the contents.

(they're both great as what they're intended, but make piss poor music players).