android
Old 03-23-2008, 01:52 PM

Default Vista and eBookMan :o)

One of my favorite mobile devices is the eBookMan, so I was pretty bummed when Ectaco stated it was not compatible with Vista.
Here is a workaround to get the software and drivers working with Vista.
I originally installed the software under administrative rights and ran into some problems, so I reinstalled it open to all users.
During the install, Vista will automatically format and reinstall the eBookMan OS, so all data on your EBM should be saved.

Download the eBookMan software(drivers are included), and set it to install under XP Compatibility.
Right Click on ebookman_install_pc_en_full.exe > Select Properties > Compatibility Tab > Run this program in XP Compatibility.
Keep administrator unchecked.

Vista will not recognize the drivers, so they must be installed through Windows Device Manager.
Be sure to have the eBookMan plugged into the USB port and turned on.
Right click on My Computer, Manage and then Device Manager.
Look for eBookMan, double-click it, and select the driver tab and "Update Driver".
Point to C:\Program files\Franklin Electronic Publishers\eBookMan Desktop Manager\usbdriver.
A warning will pop up, select "install this driver anyway".
Once the drivers are installed, open eBookMan Desktop Manager and wizard through the setup. For the latest OS, install from the Internet.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]